What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Willie Taggart: 2012 Colorado Coaching Search Profile

Goose

Hoops Moderator
Club Member
Junta Member
WKU Bio
Stanford Bio
Twitter

512x.jpg

Born: August 27, 1976

Alma Mater: Western Kentucky University

COACHING CAREER

1999-2000: WR Coach, Western Kentucky
2000-2001: QB Coach, Western Kentucky
2001-2002: Co-Offensive Coordinator/QB Coach, Western Kentucky
2002-2006: Offensive Coordinator, Western Kentucky
2007-2009: RB Coach, Stanford
2010-Present: Head Coach, Western Kentucky

Pros

- Young up and coming coach, who has experience under Jim Harbaugh at Stanford
- Has experience turning programs around (WKU was 0-12 before he was named coach)

Cons

- Long been rumored for the Kentucky job.
- Limited experience in the west coast. Even with Stanford, most of his recruiting was in FL, GA & KY.

I had only heard his name before but knew nothing about him. That doesn't matter obviously, but not a fan of his limited experience in the Pac 12 footprint.

He did recruit a section of Cal...I think he's a great coach with controlled fire. He'd be a great recruiter on this level with much more discipline and creative packages.

Bryan Fischer ‏@BryanDFischer

RT @Mengus22: Homerun. RT @Ry_Bass: According to @620wdae, #WKU's Willie Taggart will be named next head coach at #USF. Working to confirm

Not sure he ever made the list, but it sounds like we could cross him off... :huh:

Not sure he ever made the list, but it sounds like we could cross him off... :huh:

Anybody else starting to get a little troubled by the fact that MacIntyre has been passed over by Cal in favor of Dykes, and now passed over by USF in favor of Taggart? I don't know, maybe he's the perfect guy for us.

Anybody else starting to get a little troubled by the fact that MacIntyre has been passed over by Cal in favor of Dykes, and now passed over by USF in favor of Taggart? I don't know, maybe he's the perfect guy for us.

Cal doesn't bother me too much. Aside from the fact that MacIntyre is right in their backyard, but they went to Louisiana to hire somebody, Dykes is a hell of a coach.

If he was really serious about USF and couldn't get it, that does bother me more, though. Nothing against Taggart, who I think will do a great job for somebody, MacIntyre should sure as hell be a bigger "get" for a program like that. I wonder what kind of money they were both after, though... :huh:

Seems like a deal at only 1.15M a year over 5 years
That is because FSU is still paying his 20M buyout for stinking up the joint. He was ran off in 18 months.

Willie coached at Oregon for 1 year, then FSU for almost two, ran off, then was fired from FAU. He is not organized at all. I think they are hiring him to run the dance music at practice.

That is because FSU is still paying his 20M buyout for stinking up the joint. He was ran off in 18 months.

Willie coached at Oregon for 1 year, then FSU for almost two, ran off, then was fired from FAU. He is not organized at all. I think they are hiring him to run the dance music at practice.
Offensive analyst to assist with the switch to the hyper tempo Kent state offense

Back