What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Wilner: DTV deal likely before football season barring last minute snags

I've been dealing with Dish for what feels like months now. I want to keep Dish because I enjoy the Sirius stations but will switch to get Pac 12 Network. Last night I emailed Bohn and Troy Andre. Received responses from both. Bohn's email didn't say much. I was also asking about BuffsTV. Andre said that the contract with Pac 12 does not allow the schools to offer the streaming that I have enjoyed so much so as of now, I'm stuck with audio only if DirecTV or Dish doesn't pick up the Pac 12.

Living in Iowa totally sucks now. I want to watch my teams. Bohn said the CU/CSU football game is televised and I should get it, but I like volleyball and basketball also.

If I switch to DirecTV, I will lost everything on my DVR, which includes some CU games. I will go with whoever gets the service first.

Some Oregon fan and I are tag teaming Dish on Twitter. It's kind of fun. :D

i would love to dump dish, they suck at adding stations but im out voted 3-1 in the house. :cry:

one aspect that I was wondering about is how the sportsbars are going to deal with this...I would think they would be organizing to put some pressure on a resolution. I know a lot of them in the Denver metro area carry dtv...

I talked to my buddy who is a customer service manager at DISH. He says they haven't been told anything, and that with how they communicate things in that organization, it will probably be in the newspapers before he and his team get notified.

You get most of the Giants' games in SD? Regardless, I've gotten spoiled with Sunday Ticket so I'm not stuck with the crappy regional games. And the Pac Network is all but a done deal on DTV now, so no reason for me to switch. :thumbsup:

The early game is usually a big market team. Chargers are usually the late game. They picked up the Giants a lot last season.

I really want to keep DTV. I am holding off until next week.

I talked to my buddy who is a customer service manager at DISH. He says they haven't been told anything, and that with how they communicate things in that organization, it will probably be in the newspapers before he and his team get notified.
Oh bull****. You don't have a buddy.

Hope this deal goes through.

We just signed another year with Directv for free NFL Ticket and $20 off a month through that new year agreement. DD emphasized that the Husky game was only on the Pac Network next week and he is unhappy that he may have to miss it. We got the freebies, but had to sign the contract. Smart on their part.

We still have the option to suspend for 6 months and try to get Comcast in for that six months, but that is probably more trouble than it is worth.

Again, really hope this goes through.

Hope this deal goes through.

We just signed another year with Directv for free NFL Ticket and $20 off a month through that new year agreement. DD emphasized that the Husky game was only on the Pac Network next week and he is unhappy that he may have to miss it. We got the freebies, but had to sign the contract. Smart on their part.

We still have the option to suspend for 6 months and try to get Comcast in for that six months, but that is probably more trouble than it is worth.

Again, really hope this goes through.

if it does not go through, the 3 of us will go over to carolina buffs house to watch the other games and trash it. oh, and he will be a great host and offer burritos, beer and liquor on the house!

if it does not go through, the 3 of us will go over to carolina buffs house to watch the other games and trash it. oh, and he will be a great host and offer burritos, beer and liquor on the house!

This will only work if you send out a plane for us 4db.

I've been dealing with Dish for what feels like months now. I want to keep Dish because I enjoy the Sirius stations but will switch to get Pac 12 Network. Last night I emailed Bohn and Troy Andre. Received responses from both. Bohn's email didn't say much. I was also asking about BuffsTV. Andre said that the contract with Pac 12 does not allow the schools to offer the streaming that I have enjoyed so much so as of now, I'm stuck with audio only if DirecTV or Dish doesn't pick up the Pac 12. ........

That info from Troy Andre doesn't completely jive with this that I saw on Volleytalk , posted by a Washington Huskies fan :

[SIZE=+0]Explanation on live video from UW's live chat:

"UW Volleyball: Live video is a bit of a long explanation, but the short version is that the Pac-12 Network prohibits live streams of any events through September 9. After that date there is a limit to a certain number of events per school, per week."

[/SIZE]Read more: http://volleytalk.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=45434#ixzz24alKQ6AL

Sorry ... it doesn't look like that quote from volleytalk is readable since it shows up in white........basically says no video until Sept 9 then a limited number per school per week, with no number given as to what that limit is.

This will only work if you send out a plane for us 4db.

i opened up an account at NetJets in CB's name. you dont think i am going to drive the hour and a half it takes, do you?

I'm a DirecTV subscriber and I am in. I'd love to drink Carolina's booze.

good. you like to break stuff.

As long as Carolina is paying for the fuel, I see no problem with making a DFW stop.

he has it all. fully catered! i am.... er.... he is a nice guy like that!

Wait a minute, I'm providing the booze and food, I'm paying for the fuel, AND you're trashing my house on top of it? What the hell?!?!

Wait a minute, I'm providing the booze and food, I'm paying for the fuel, AND you're trashing my house on top of it? What the hell?!?!

First (out of state) Pac-12 Network Gameday....

Priceless:nod::lol:

Look at the big picture here... we've already been unofficially invited:thumbsup:

It's not like we won't be bringing booze, chips and dip:popcorn:

It's not like we won't be bringing booze, chips and dip:popcorn:

I'll help with clean up. :smile2:

a house isn't a home until you have been upper decked.

see, CB? i got ya covered.

although, i dont know if you want to leave BW in your house alone with your wife while we go out and you buy us beers on sunday during the nfl games but, i am not one to get involved in stuff like that.

If I have to shell out $15/mo, DTV better carry all seven PAC12 channels.

Seriously.... Plus 1. If that's the fee, I would gladly pay it for every PAC-12 channel and would then be guaranteed to see every CU football and hoops games forever. Small price to pay.

Back