What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Wins the rest of the way

How many wins do the Buffs get the rest of the way?

• 2: sweep OSU

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • 3-4: sweep OSU, WSU at home and either UW or Stanford at home

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • 5-6: All of the above plus Cal at home and maybe an unexpected road win

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • 6+: Buffs somehow become inspired and go on a run

Votes: 10 26.3%

• Total voters
I can't believe that I am hoping for 4-5 wins this season. I expected this team to compete for the 4th or 5th spot in the conference and be ranked somewhere between 15-25 at this point. Already have my plane tickets and hotel for the P12 Tournament where I want CU to win at least one game but at this point I am not sure the team and coaching staff have it in them.

I can't believe that I am hoping for 4-5 wins this season. I expected this team to compete for the 4th or 5th spot in the conference and be ranked somewhere between 15-25 at this point. Already have my plane tickets and hotel for the P12 Tournament where I want CU to win at least one game but at this point I am not sure the team and coaching staff have it in them.
Really would like to avoid AZ, OR or UCLA in our first P12 tourney game. Which would then be our only game. At this point we're 3 games behind getting out of that hole.

I hope that we can get six conference wins in the regular season ... that would put us at 16-15 ... I think that we must be at or above 500 to get an NIT bid. However, that will be a challenge for this team. Sad turn of events ...

I read the question and just can't answer.

This team should have already won multiple league games but hasn't. This isn't about ability, it isn't logical.

My heart tells me that there is enough there for this team to go on a run and get close to the middle of the pack. I then think about what I have seen on the court with this team lately and wonder if they can even win one, or if they care enough to do it.

I hope that we can get six conference wins in the regular season ... that would put us at 16-15 ... I think that we must be at or above 500 to get an NIT bid. However, that will be a challenge for this team. Sad turn of events ...
its easy to find 6 games in the remaining 11 that we could win. We've lost 4 games by total 8 pts, seems a few close games coming up should flip our way. But it's very possible that losing close games isn't just bad luck.

KenPom has us winning 6 - OSU, UDub, WSU, @OSU, Furd, Cal. I can see that. Cal at home, Utah at home and Furd on the road are our best chances to steal games outside of the "obvious" 5 - (OSU, @OSU, UDub, WSU, Furd). Honestly, I don't think anything from 3 to 8 wins would surprise me at this point.

5 or 6 wins. OSU is 2 wins, WSU, UW - those should be the for sure (I said should be). They have a shot against Stanford, Cal and Utah at home.

The Buffs are a team that lacks leadership and ends up playing to the level of the competition which leaves them vulnerable in any game.

Can we petition the league and the NCAA to forget that the last of December and first three weeks of January ever happened?

Let's just be Wisconsin of last season. They were 9-9 and everyone gave up on them. Then went 12-2 the rest of the regular season and made it to the sweet 16.

I'm all hopped up on this team now (illogically so), and expect that @Oregon and Utah are the only 2 games we shouldn't expect to win. Steal one of those and finish the season at 20-11 (10-8), tack on a win in the Pac 12 tourney and we're going dancing.

I'm all hopped up on this team now (illogically so), and expect that @Oregon and Utah are the only 2 games we shouldn't expect to win. Steal one of those and finish the season at 20-11 (10-8), tack on a win in the Pac 12 tourney and we're going dancing.

Why Utah? They're ok, but they're at home. Cal on the road is much less likely than Utah.

Cal and Oregon on the road are the two biggest tests. Get one of those, it is difficult but possible, we could end up with a winning record in the PAC. Not saying it would happen but they are playing so much better now. We should have won both in WA and at ASU. Uhgggggg!

Why Utah? They're ok, but they're at home. Cal on the road is much less likely than Utah.
Fair point. I think Utah is a hair better than Cal, but @Cal will be tougher. I'm just hyped up on that Buffalo Kool-Aid.

Can we petition the league and the NCAA to forget that the last of December and first three weeks of January ever happened?
Didn't some wise philosopher say, "those who forget the lessons of history are doomed to repeat them" ?

Back