What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

wish some fans had half the sac of our qb

Liver

modded mod
Club Member
Junta Member
this from a college sophomore...

cody hawkins: “I am not saying anything new, but that I played poorly today, and that loss is 110% my fault. Regardless of how many points they scored in the second half, we had a lot of opportunities in the first half, and that’s my fault. It all comes back to me. I have to take care of the football, and I have to communicate and make plays when they are there to be made. I apologize to my teammates, the coaches and the fans because I did not play the way that I can. That was not me today; I can play a lot better than that. We have to rebound this week and get better.”

look in the mirror and ask yourself if you hold yourself even halfway as accountable as that kid in your daily lives. and then factor in that he is about 20 years old. most of the haters couldn't handle half the pressure he has. so, eff off.

this has been a public service announcement.

“I am not saying anything new, but that I played poorly today, and that loss is 110% my fault. Regardless of how many points they scored in the second half, we had a lot of opportunities in the first half, and that’s my fault. It all comes back to me. I have to take care of the football, and I have to communicate and make plays when they are there to be made. I apologize to my teammates, the coaches and the fans because I did not play the way that I can. That was not me today; I can play a lot better than that. We have to rebound this week and get better.”

That is what I'm talking about. Cody is better than what we've seen so far this year. I've seen him make those throws last year. He's a good QB. He can lead this team. I'm behind him 100%. If that makes me a sunshine-pumper than so be it. I'm proud to have this kid as our QB.

cody hawkins: “I am not saying anything new, but that I played poorly today, and that loss is 110% my fault. Regardless of how many points they scored in the second half, we had a lot of opportunities in the first half, and that’s my fault. It all comes back to me. I have to take care of the football, and I have to communicate and make plays when they are there to be made. I apologize to my teammates, the coaches and the fans because I did not play the way that I can. That was not me today; I can play a lot better than that. We have to rebound this week and get better.”

look in the mirror and ask yourself if you hold yourself even halfway as accountable as that kid in your daily lives. and then factor in that he is about 20 years old. most of the haters couldn't handle half the pressure he has. so, eff off.

He is 20 1/2. :smile2:

Yeah. I get that. Cody is a gamer, super competitive, and a great man. Seriously - I mean that.

But after a loss or a crappy game we look to see where improvement can be made. Improvement can be made at the qb position.

Cody has had some bad games lately. When was the last time he had a great game?

Please note: I think Cody is the best we've got atm, but I'm starting to think that we won't get where we want to go with him at the helm.

If all the other pieces were in place on the team, I'm sure Cody's deficiencies would be masked and he'd be a great 'system qb.' Unfortunately, though, we have glaring deficiencies and we need a qb who is a game changer and can get beyond them.

Wishful thinking, I guess.

For now, I'm still a Cody fan.... But he did play like crap.

:iagree:

Regardless of how he played yesterday, Cody never stopped competing. He kept picking himself back up(figuratively and literally) and kept going. Ya losing sucks, but some people around here need a get a grip.

I love Cody. I know he had a terrible game yesterday, but so does he. And he's the first one to say so. He's the kind of player that will bring this team to the next level (being ranked consistently).

I agree that showed a lot of sack of Cody's part. The more I think about Saturday, and this season for that matter, leads me to a simple conclusion:

Cody may be able to lead us to the next level, but not in the shotgun/spread look. If we go with Cody we need to run more (out of formations friendly to running) and mix in some passing game. Cody is good, but isn't built to run the spread (lack of running ability) or the run-and-shoot (lack of arm strength).

Go Buffs!!!

P.S. The loss was definitely not only Cody's fault. Our special teams absolutely killed us!

P.S. The loss was definitely not only Cody's fault. Our special teams absolutely killed us!

AMEN! I've been saying this to anyone who will listen (and some who won't) for the past 24 hours. Cody did make mistakes but special teams gave FSU at least 12 points (2+3 off of the fumble and 7 off of the return) and they gave up 39.5 yards per return on average. Special teams and QB are the two biggest areas we need to work on and it sounds like Cody is willing to do the work and take responsibility and if our special teams can do the same I think we'll be ok.

So cody agrees with his worse detractors that he is 100 percent at fault...

I understand that he's just an athlete and student. To that i tell everyone.

It's just a game!

No need for one to threaten or harrass a kid.

but when someone blames a loss on a performer, that is not anywhere in league with calling someone a vicous name.

Seperate the two.

Even though they are student athletes, they are held accountable to the position they hold.

All great programs expect their star athletes to represent the position they play with pride.

Teams as aswell as individuals can cause a game.

Everyone wants a student to be responsible and be held accountable, but they don't demand anything from a student athlete. This is a contradiction and is a gross error in logic.

Cody just held himself accountable, and that was noble.

Cody is a goddamn MAN!

He's no boy, or kid.

He's a M'fin Man.

Dude is 20, there are people in Iraq fighting at the age of 18 who are being held for their responsiblities and are expected of great things.

There are kids who go to school and raise children at the same time and are being held accountable.

Why can't student athletes be expected to represent the position that their former athletes and stars represented with class and dignity.

Cody is sitting on the throne that Klatt, Detmer, and Stewart once sat.

He know's this, and that's why he is taking full responsibility.

A coach can only do so much.

It's up to the players to execute.

Now if Cody doesn't perform within the coming weeks. I hope that Hawkins respectfully benches Cody, and give others who are just as thrilled to have the chance to not simulate but represent to their best capabilities that they can.

Fan's buy tickets, merchandise, devote time to represent. Even if you never attended a game. A mere viewing on tv supports the buffs program through tv revenue.

So its not that the team owes the fan a NC.

But a fan has a rigth to respectfully speak his mind.

I put cody in with moschetti and klatt, qb's with less ability but more fire,guts and heart than most i've seen who have the ability.Freaking warriors.

Now,me mentioning he overthrew some wr's doesn't mean anything but that he overthrew some wr's.Has nothing to do with bashing him,slamming him or whatever so come down off YOUR high horse.

Like I've mentioned in other posts you have to love the kid for the heart and integrity he brings to the program. As a QB he is light years ahead of another truly fine human being that QB'd here by the name of Bernard Jackson. Cody Hawkins will also be recognized as an important piece of the picture in the Buffs resurrection from the GB days.

I do feel there is a ceiling for this team with him as starting QB. The sky is not the limit. He's a good player who will serve his purpose and this team well and the team will be poised to break through that ceiling when they get a starting QB opposing teams fear

Oh puhleeese! I'm always admitting to my wife that I screwed up! "Yeah honey, I admit, I forgot to pay the water bill. I admit those are my underwear on the floor. Sorry, I admit I left the toilet seat up. ETC." Don't tell me I don't have sac!

Like I've mentioned in other posts you have to love the kid for the heart and integrity he brings to the program. As a QB he is light years ahead of another truly fine human being that QB'd here by the name of Bernard Jackson. Cody Hawkins will also be recognized as an important piece of the picture in the Buffs resurrection from the GB days.

Bernard Jackson was arrested for armed robbery. I hope that Cody is above that standard.

I'm pretty certain the "fine human being" was meant with a very heavy dose of sarcasm.

Actually I meant before he was an idot and got arrested.
Back when he was a student trying to fit in with all GB's quirky attempts to use him on offense.

I was extolling Little Hawks virtue as a young player trying his best not as the next ex-player turned jailbird....Excuse the pretzel logic

A dual-threat QB and some depth at the OL is the entry fee for playing in the B12 CCG.

Completely agree

Cody's numbers this year: TD/Interception ratio 9/4, W/L 3-1, completion percentage 64%. All I see is very respectable numbers. Statistically he is on track for a better year than last year. You know kind of what we as fans should hope for from year to year! So what is the problem people???

Oh puhleeese! I'm always admitting to my wife that I screwed up! "Yeah honey, I admit, I forgot to pay the water bill. I admit those are my underwear on the floor. Sorry, I admit I left the toilet seat up. ETC." Don't tell me I don't have sac!

Sounds like you do have half the sac; maybe the other half is with the jewels momma DBT is keeping on the shelf.:cool::lol:

Back