What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Woelk finally joins reality, states Talkins is pretty much gone.

Spiff, brotha, c'mon. Let's give the TX kids some credit here on this one. I mean Kyle Shanahan (former UT WR as we all know) is now the OC for the Texans. Kids in Houston at least know who he is, and if being Texans OC doesn't remind them they will certainly remember him as a former UT WR. Hell, the kid across the street my kids play with all the time knows who Kyle Shanahan is and he's only 10 years old!

Oh yeah, forgot to say how he likes to show me how knowledgeable of Bronco fb he is by saying, "Yeah, Kyle Shanahan...he's the son of Mike Shanahan who coached the greatest QB who ever lived, John Elway and the Broncos to 2 Super Bowl rings in a row." (OK, I embellished the John Elway thing, but he said something to that effect and I was impressed)

Yep. Kid is 10 years old (born after Bronco Super Bowl greatness), wears burnt orange every day but Sunday when he wears a flippin' Cowboys jersey, and he knows who Mike Shanahan is!

The Shanahan name resonates louder than you think my friend. (Wow, "resonates" I just dropped a 10 cent word!:smile2:)

I hear it brotha!

(and why are you playing with 10 year old boys?) :cool:

Spiff, brotha, c'mon. Let's give the TX kids some credit here on this one. I mean Kyle Shanahan (former UT WR as we all know) is now the OC for the Texans. Kids in Houston at least know who he is, and if being Texans OC doesn't remind them they will certainly remember him as a former UT WR. Hell, the kid across the street my kids play with all the time knows who Kyle Shanahan is and he's only 10 years old!

Oh yeah, forgot to say how he likes to show me how knowledgeable of Bronco fb he is by saying, "Yeah, Kyle Shanahan...he's the son of Mike Shanahan who coached the greatest QB who ever lived, John Elway and the Broncos to 2 Super Bowl rings in a row." (OK, I embellished the John Elway thing, but he said something to that effect and I was impressed)

Yep. Kid is 10 years old (born after Bronco Super Bowl greatness), wears burnt orange every day but Sunday when he wears a flippin' Cowboys jersey, and he knows who Mike Shanahan is!

The Shanahan name resonates louder than you think my friend. (Wow, "resonates" I just dropped a 10 cent word!:smile2:)
Alright. I give. Maybe we should be more worried that if the Texans make a run to the playoffs (not out of the question) and the Texans offense continues to be as successful as they have been, that an NFL owner will offer Kyle a head coaching job. Probably not too likely since he has promoted so quickly from QB coach to O-Coord, but you never know.

P.S. Nice avatar. Care to loan me $15 bucks?:thumbsup:

Alright. I give. Maybe we should be more worried that if the Texans make a run to the playoffs (not out of the question) and the Texans offense continues to be as successful as they have been, that an NFL owner will offer Kyle a head coaching job. Probably not too likely since he has promoted so quickly from QB coach to O-Coord, but you never know.

P.S. Nice avatar. Care to loan me $15 bucks?:thumbsup:

I don't know, Kyle is what 29 years old? I know there is some precedent for young coaches in the NFL, but damn he's 29. Maybe Al Davis would go for him, but I don't see an NFL head coaching gig for him next year.

Back