What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Woelk is concerned too

More Good News - Brad Jones, David Bakhtiari, Mason Crosby and Nate Solder all represented CU well this past weekend!

Belichick had high praise for Nate Solder after the AFC Championship game:

On Nate Solder's TD catch. “Nate carried that ball like a newborn baby -- two hands and had it cradled. You couldn’t have got that out of there with a crowbar. ... Nate’s a great guy. Nobody works harder than Nate. Nobody is more unselfish than Nate. We know week after week, Nate has one of the toughest jobs in the league in pro football, to play out there at left tackle and block a good pass rusher. And we’re a team that throws the ball a decent amount. He’s a great player, works very hard, very unselfish and dependable. You love to see that play happen for a guy like that.”

This sounds familiar....

CSU - 55%
UMass - 76%
NSU - 99%

So based on arbitrary percentages, the probability of beating all three is 41.4%. It's time to start expecting to beat the schools we should. UMass and NSU are just terrible. When is it ok to expect results, Snow? 2016? 2017? 2117? Under MacIntyre we've beaten the teams we should at home, I don't expect that trend to stop.

Yeah snow, stop defending the program at every turn and man up! This year is the year we demand results. **** the statistics! (unless they're on our side, then lets bring them out every chance we get)

Lets get a AllGood news thread started and start posting all the positives we can...all this negativity is eating our souls

No reason to not beat CSU, UMass, and Nicholls State this year.

If there's no reason to not beat CSU, UMass, and NSU, then there's no reason to not lose to Oregon, ASU, AZ, OSU, UCLA, Stanford, USC, Wash St. and Utah. Hawaii is a toss up, I guess.

This sounds familiar....

CSU - 55%
UMass - 76%
NSU - 99%

So based on arbitrary percentages, the probability of beating all three is 41.4%. It's time to start expecting to beat the schools we should. UMass and NSU are just terrible. When is it ok to expect results, Snow? 2016? 2017? 2117? Under MacIntyre we've beaten the teams we should at home, I don't expect that trend to stop.
1. I think it's a reasonable position to believe we should win all three of those games more often than not.
2. My comment was directed towards your overuse of absolute terms.
3. Results need to start happening.
4. I'm going to be more positive than you about this next year.
5. This new "demand results" line you are throwing out is extra hilarious given how often you've moved the goal posts. I'm sure you will do it again.

Statistics would indicate a regression to the mean on defense. The defense is going to improve since they can't really go down, we just don't know how much. It absolutely would not take a ton of luck to be in the 80's for scoring defense.

Wouldn't a scoring defense in the mid to low 80's be a mid level Pac-12 defense? I thought the Pac-12 rated low in terms of scoring defense compared to the rest of the nation because of the offenses and qb's.

Wouldn't a scoring defense in the mid to low 80's be a mid level Pac-12 defense? I thought the Pac-12 rated low in terms of scoring defense compared to the rest of the nation because of the offenses and qb's.

Pac-12 definitely found success (finished #1 in conference ranks) based more on defense than offense in 2014. CU was much more below the Mean on Defense than Offense in 2014.

National Scoring Defense Ranks:

2. Stanford
30. Oregon
39. Washington
42. Utah
45. USC
74. Arizona State
75. UCLA
78. Arizona
96. Oregon State
114. Washington State
116. Colorado
120. Cal
Mean = 69.25

National Scoring Offense Ranks:

4. Oregon
10. Cal
16. Arizona State
22. USC
28. Arizona
34. UCLA
45. Washington State
49. Utah
54. Washington
64. Colorado
77. Stanford
86. Oregon State
Mean = 40.75

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/27/p2

Well, for the record, why dont you give us another of your fabled predictions. Be sure to shout while your at it.
Ok, Mr. Hyperbole. I'm not going to discuss this further. I firmly believe those are all teams we should beat and you're not going to change my mind. It's time for MacIntyre to earn his salary and you're going to keep pretending that we were some terrible team last year that is still years away from turning the corner, despite visible progress in a big way. They probably won't be a bowl team next year largely because of the conference schedule, but they're not as far off as you're making them to be. Nik's post on the subject was much more reasonable.

Dunno, but if we could knock off 5-7 points at the most we'd be in a much better position.

Back