What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Women Sports

dyemeduke

Barringer and CU XCountry are doing well - both teams obviously. She may take the personal title at national's.

Nikki Marshall scored 4 goals by herself in a quick span, and the women's soccer team is doing okay - not as great as I was hoping, but they are undefeated in Big 12 play.

So our football team sucks, and we don't know how our men's bball team will do exactly. We still have some great athletes at CU. Even though they don't make revenue for the AD, I'm proud that they're doing so well. I wish they got more publicity in light of our struggles on the football field.

As few sports as CU currently has, there is no excuse not to be excellent at all of them.

Cross Country (Men & Women), Tennis and Soccer all look good this year.

Skiing (M & W) is always good.

Track & Field (M & W) should be good this year.

Basketball (M & W) should be significantly improved this year.

Golf (M & W) may not be as good as last year, but is definitely improving overall.

Volleyball looks a couple years away, but I like the new coach.

I'm actually wondering what has happened to the women's cross-country team. I think they will struggle to qualify for nationals.

The men are still good, but not a real threat to win the national championship IMO.

:) ...you're so spoiled BB with our XCountry...

I agree with you a little, but to give them credit: Men are currently ranked 5 and Women are 19. I still think Wetmore is the best coach at CU, followed by Hempen, and I think that he could pull his squad to perform well at Nationals. I do think they make it in.

Barringer also may take the individual title in my opinion. I don't follow XCountry too much, but I know her times are pretty damn good.

No doubt the bar is set high at CU. Anything less than a podium finish is a disappointment. Just seems weird to see what has happened with the women lately, little to no depth behind Barringer. She is the type of runner you can almost automatically score a "1" every meet, yet they're 19th in the country.

The men are deeper, they just lack the top end guys like Ritzenhein and Torres in the past. A top 5 finish at nationals would be a great finish IMO.

CU Volleyball won a huge match, beating Texas Tech. This pushes them out of a tie for the cellar, leaving the RedR's as the conference's only winless team.

The greatest CU Women's Soccer player ever to suit up for CU just finished went through her senior day. Nikki Marshall really does CU proud, and I hope she goes a long way with the National team. The team overall didn't do as well as I thought they would (not that I'm a women's soccer expert), and they may not get into the NCAA tournament. There's still hope though if they do really well in the Big 12 Tournament.

Congrats Nikki on a stellar career at CU and an even better career after.

The greatest CU Women's Soccer player ever to suit up for CU just finished went through her senior day. Nikki Marshall really does CU proud, and I hope she goes a long way with the National team. The team overall didn't do as well as I thought they would (not that I'm a women's soccer expert), and they may not get into the NCAA tournament. There's still hope though if they do really well in the Big 12 Tournament.

Congrats Nikki on a stellar career at CU and an even better career after.

Big props to Nikki! I hope to see her in the World Cup some day.

CU got a **** draw in the Big 12 Tourney. As the #3 seed, we got Texas after they dropped. Playing them in San Antonio is gonna be tough.

Back