What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Women's Assistant Basketball Coach

Section 108

Club Member
Club Member
Does anyone have any info on who JR might hire as the new coach? I think they need someone who can recruit successfully against the top schools in the PAC12.

Not sure where to put this but found it interesting, given the desire for more social media on the men's side.

According to the official web site she's still a member of the team. Still, she is savvy when it comes to media.
Oh my apologies, I thought for some reason she had graduated already. Either way, she appears to be running the social media over the summer.

I was ready to apply for the job. Then I looked at the job requirements. I don't have the right degree or experience so that isn't happening.

Yeah, but we could probably get all of AllBuffs behind your application. That's gotta be worth more than a degree.

If I got the position, I would be attending all games, home and away! I want that job! And I would move back to Colorado!

She is also no longer on the roster for this year, so another one bites the dust. This roster will need more than any media coverage will give it.

Serious question ---- is there a real problem with the CUWBB program? So many players leaving.....I agree that some of the players that were leaving were not great fits in JR's offense, but this definitely isn't the case with all the departures. Is there fire behind the smoke? What's going on?

Serious question ---- is there a real problem with the CUWBB program? So many players leaving.....I agree that some of the players that were leaving were not great fits in JR's offense, but this definitely isn't the case with all the departures. Is there fire behind the smoke?
It seems that with many programs the most attrition happens after the new coaching staff has been in place for about a year. So, CU fits with this. And when you look at what's going on around the country there has been an alarming amount of transfers this year, many from winning programs and by players who were getting good playing time.

Unless players discuss their decisions we'll never really know - but my take is there isn't anything to worry about with the program here in Boulder.

Attrition is usually seen when a new coach takes over. Players recruited by the previous coach sometimes don't fit well with the new coach's system or style.

Myself, I have been appalled by the number of transfers this year all around the country. Starters on winning teams transferred. All B1G Newcomer transferred. It isn't like all of them are players who didn't play. IMO, changes need to be made to the transfer rules. Maybe not only do they have to sit out a season, but they lose the year of eligibility. I don't know what the answer is.

I have read that this is being discussed by NCAA coaches and the NCAA trying to come up with a solution.

I may be too old to understand today's high school and college kids, but they don't seem to understand commitment and what it means. I wonder if it will be the same way for them when they get to the working world.

Both sides won't tell what actually goes on.
Sometimes it is the player, but not always.
The transfer number keeps rising and won't stop anytime soon.
If there wasn't a demand to take these players, they wouldn't transfer.
As long as schools keep taking them, they will keep transferring in the hopes of finding the elusive perfect fit.

Serious question ---- is there a real problem with the CUWBB program? So many players leaving.....I agree that some of the players that were leaving were not great fits in JR's offense, but this definitely isn't the case with all the departures. Is there fire behind the smoke? What's going on?

Only one transfer was wanted back and even she was told she wasn't going to be at the position she wanted to be at. I'm not going to bad mouth the play of any of the girls last year or mention names/specifics but not one that left fit into JR's system and the coaches were very honest with them after the season. So yea, you could say it was the case with all of the departures. This happens with transitions. Btw, even the players that left still love this staff. All were allowed to still use all the facilities as they were finishing the semester. None had hard feelings.

Attrition is usually seen when a new coach takes over. Players recruited by the previous coach sometimes don't fit well with the new coach's system or style.

Myself, I have been appalled by the number of transfers this year all around the country. Starters on winning teams transferred. All B1G Newcomer transferred. It isn't like all of them are players who didn't play. IMO, changes need to be made to the transfer rules. Maybe not only do they have to sit out a season, but they lose the year of eligibility. I don't know what the answer is.

I have read that this is being discussed by NCAA coaches and the NCAA trying to come up with a solution.

I may be too old to understand today's high school and college kids, but they don't seem to understand commitment and what it means. I wonder if it will be the same way for them when they get to the working world.
I completely disagree. Although you may not like transfers from a fan perspective, it really is a leveling of the playing field between coaches/schools and players. Players are mostly on year-to-year agreements and limiting their ability to move to a better situation is an unfair restraint of trade. I don't like the year in residence rule for any sport. What if coaches were required to sit out a year if they leave for a new school? As far as when they get to the working world, it is the same thing. In my experience the company has less loyalty to the employee than the employee does to the company. I never fault anyone for job hopping if they are doing it to advance or gain new experience.

I don't think it levels the field, but rather allows the rich to get richer, or cover for recruiting mistakes, which makes it really hard for a program to build from the ashes.

It's anti competitive and hurts the program that is developing the kid by way of a big investment.

Back