What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Women's basketball non-conference schedule

AztecBuff

Club Member
Club Member
Women's bball non-conference schedule starts getting released in an hour or so. It will be fun to see who they're playing.

[tweet]623167071795306496[/tweet]

At Kentucky will be a heck of an early test. I like the range of the schedule though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I have to say, that is a pretty exciting schedule! Hope the Freshman are ready to play early!!

Sure did. Hope they can get pay back for the loss at Missouri and maybe get Florida at home. Kentucky will be tough.

Is Presbyterian even DI?

Just looked quick, and Presbyterian was in the RPI (#242 out of 349 at the end of last year, so not the worse team in the country), so assume they are D1.

The freshmen will be counted on to contribute a lot from day one. Go Buffs! :gobuffs:

Primarily in the back court. And in general the back court will be young and thus most likely determine how good the Buffs are this season.

Positives for me:

• Florida & Missouri @ home

• Most of the regional "rivals" on the schedule. (UNC, CSU & Wyo)

• A rematch with Long Beach State

Negatives:

• CSU & Wyo both on the road

• Presbyterian at home, but no DU.

How long will the gap be between the last non-conference game (Wyo on Dec. 21) and the first conference game? Hopefully not more than a week.

Final RPIs from last season for this season's non-conference opponents (CU finished at #99)

• Loyola Marymount #273
• Northern Colorado #102
• @ Kentucky #12
• UMass #192
• Florida #159
• @ Colorado State #96
• @ Long Beach State #113
• Northern Arizona #267
• Missouri #90
• Presbyterian #242
• @ Wyoming #213

My quick reaction to this schedule is that CU has a good shot at going undefeated at home and the only game on the road that would be a surprise for them to win would be @ Kentucky. I didn't expect Florida's RPI to be as low as it is or CSU's to be better than CU's. Eight of the eleven opponents had RPIs lower than CU. Perhaps the Buffs have a shot at going 10-1 in non-conference play.

They didn't win all the games in the non-conference last year that they should have.

Lappe has to have them mentally stronger than they have been. They have to want to win more than they have or they won't be any better than last year.

They didn't win all the games in the non-conference last year that they should have.

Lappe has to have them mentally stronger than they have been. They have to want to win more than they have or they won't be any better than last year.

The last two seasons the issues have been poor defending and too many turnovers. It's hard to imagine that they are going to be greatly improved in both areas with so many young players in the back court. A likely scenario could see one freshman and one sophomore starting with the back ups being another freshman and sophomore backing them up. So the big question is how well the youngsters will do in putting pressure on the opposition's ball handlers and limiting dribble penetration. On the offensive end there will have to be much better decision making with the ball and fewer silly turnovers.

They've had a problem finishing. Same problem the men had last year. When the moment got big, they turtles against defensive pressure and didn't dial their own defense up. At least with the women we saw that worm start to turn in March.

New way to embed tweets in this version. Start your reply, then click on the "media" icon (looks like a film strip). Then put the URL of the tweet in there and click "embed". That worked for me the other day. I haven't tried it today.

I've just been able to copy the URL into the "Quick Reply" box, and the tweets show fine for me.

Back