What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Women's Lacrosse- Buffs in the rankings (and BIG game against USC this Friday)

AztecBuff

Club Member
Club Member
Found this all- in- one "Power Ranking" of women's lacrosse rankings/ ratings thought I'd share- http://www.laxpower.com/update16/binwom/rating01.php .

In it, the Buffs are currently #20, so very respectable for a young program. RPI looks a little low (#33) to contend for an at-large berth this year, although as a long-time outlying sport, maybe/ hopefully their selection committee doesn't rely on the (massively flawed tool) RPI as much as the other sports seem to do.

For those, like me, who didn't know, looks like the NCAA Lacrosse tournament is a 26 team bracket, with the top 6 seeds earning byes into the 2nd round (per http://www.ncaa.com/championships/lacrosse-women/d1/road-to-the-championship).

Also wanted to mention- if you like to support the Buffs in general, and/ or have wanted to specifically check out Buffs lacrosse, this Friday's match at 2:00 against USC would be a GREAT game to go to. With 4 games left in the regular season, this represents the last regular*** season chance for the Buffs to get a signature win, as the Trojans are currently the class of the MPSF conference, ranked #6 nationally and are one of only two D1 schools (along with dominant #1 Maryland) to be undefeated.
(***There is a conference tournament, so assume if the Buffs get a 1st round win (or earn a bye) there, they'll have to face Stanford (this year's host) and/ or USC again as they hopefully work towards a conference tournament championship and NCAA tournament auto-berth.)

BIG GAME!
I know a few of the players. They're pretty fired up for this. I'm flying into town tomorrow night. I'm going to try to make it, but I have a pretty full schedule in the afternoon, so I'm not optimistic. The tough thing about justifying frequent trips to Boulder, is actually following through.

Back