What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Women's NCAA Tournament - Official Thread

Thank you

Thank you for seeing the positives, we played our hardest and that's all we can do! Thank you all for your support all season, and for the negative comments we won't let them bring us down, thank you for again for all your support. Go buffs.
-JS

Another thought about the game - KU had a lot of seasoned players who had experienced the NCAA tourney, CU had none.

Next season when the Buffs are in the tourney again (which they should be) they will be in a different position.

Thank you for seeing the positives, we played our hardest and that's all we can do! Thank you all for your support all season, and for the negative comments we won't let them bring us down, thank you for again for all your support. Go buffs.
-JS

Thanks for stopping in. Please understand that negative comments on a fan board are, first and foremost, a sign that people care. In a lot of ways, you should take it as a major compliment and motivating point going into next season that you raised the expectations of the fan base so much over the course of this season.

Congrats on a 25 win season and a trip to the Dance. Those are no small things. We're all very proud of the team and excited for the future of CU women's hoops.

-JS

Jamee, we love this team. We are so glad to have our Buffs back. You and your team mates are part of that! Be proud and use this experience as the impetus to work hard in the off season to come back stronger and better next year.

Jamee, you personally, improved so much over the season and should be proud of yourself. Each and every team member is loved here and we want you all to be successful.

It was so good to see the team I have loved since before your parents were born back in the Dance! I attended the very first game this program ever played way back in 1975. It's my team as much as yours. I will never give up on my team. Okay, I admit I almost did under the previous coaching staff, but I certainly won't under Coach Lappe. I will keep my season ticket and I will keep making trips to Boulder to watch the team play.

See you at the Omni and you can hear me cheering you on from my living room in Iowa during games!!!!

It's great to hear from Jamee! She's class on and off the court.

Interesting comments about the strength of the schedule on some previous posts follow the loss to KU. I thought that given CU's youth this season's non-conference schedule was just about appropriate. Next season it should be a tad tougher.

It is okay to play a several teams with low RPIs - the two most obvious times would be the first game of the season and the first game after finals. On top of that they might schedule one following a series of very tough games.

Since CU has a long history with former Big 8 teams, perhaps they could get several home and away series set with teams such as Nebraska, KU, KSU, ISU, OU or Okie State. Imagine if next season the Buffs hosted NU and played at OU for example? Then the following season they hosted OU and travled to NU. This would help the team get used to playing against quality opponents that are used to making the NCAA tourney.

Personally, I want to see Wyo, CSU and DU on the schedule every season. Occasionally UNC and AAFA as well (I believe CU plays UNC in closed scrimmages).

BYU is another regional program that is solid and would make a good non-conference opponent.

If CU is still interested in recruiting Texas I bet they will get some games there, but it is such a large state it's hard to figure where the best location would be. The three Texans currently on the roster are all from central Texas.

-JS
I went back and read the comments. I think they were more along the lines of "disappointment." Take pride in knowing that you ladies raised the bar on expectations. You also grew your fan base. I, for one, am not a huge women's basketball fan historically. Don't take that wrong. But even I started following you ladies this year. Now, if only DirecTV would just pick up the PAC12 Network!

I now have the shirt that was given away at the pep rally before the Kansas game. I chose to watch both games instead of going to the pep rally. I was going to get the shirt on Monday. I emailed Mike Bohn and my shirt arrived yesterday! Yes, the Buffs ARE Back!

I went back and read the comments. I think they were more along the lines of "disappointment." Take pride in knowing that you ladies raised the bar on expectations. You also grew your fan base. I, for one, am not a huge women's basketball fan historically. Don't take that wrong. But even I started following you ladies this year. Now, if only DirecTV would just pick up the PAC12 Network!

Agreed with the comments above. This season's team raised the bar in terms of fan expectations as well as the medias'. Tremendous consistency this season along with hrod work on defense, the boards as well as confidence in teammates = top 25 caliber program. Attendance will stay high next season because of the success of this season.

The Cal Bears have been watching both CU men and womens' hoops for some time now and though I'm a lone bear over here, I can say that we've been impressed and are appreciative that you have represented the PAC so well since joining the conference. Your teams are in good hands and should rank among the top of the PAC in future years.

That said, to all with access to Bear Insider (I know there are several of you ) who have nothing better to do than post on internet sports boards on a cold Saturday night, you're welcome to come on over and join tonight's party as Cal takes on LSU in the Spokane Regional. Truffle Gouda, prosciutto cuts, roasted piquillo peppers and shots of Glenlivet 25 are on the house.

http://bearinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72766

Also, our inbred neighbors to the South are taking on another SEC team a few hours prior to our game if you want to root for another PAC 12 team. All games are on ESPN.

Sorry I didn't see your link last night, but I'm quite happy Cal won their game and want them to make it to the Final Four.

So for those that were able to watch the game, how bad was the foul situation? Because twitter & most reports said that Baylor was getting EVERY call out there, but then I saw the Baylor coach had a meltdown in the press conference after the game. What's going on?

Here's a pretty good article about reffing in the L'ville / Baylor game: http://www.fullcourt.com/ncaa/23057/officiating-its-eye-beholder

In the first half, not much was being called and unfortunately it bordered on a brawl at times. In the second half, they started calling many more and L'ville was called for most of them. But there were a few key calls in the final minutes that Mulkey (Baylor coach) went ballestic over becasue they were called against Baylor. L'ville coach had already been T'ed up for protesting a few minutes earlier and, IMO, Mulkey should have been T'ed also. Also IMO Mulkey's meltdown should have been aimed at herself for not adjusting her game plan to what L'ville was doing. Her team played too much of the game like they expected to win just by showing up and then didn't know what to do when that didn't happen.

A Pac 12 team made it into the final four tonight. We will carry the Buff's banner as proudly as we carry our own! Wish us luck!

Congrats to your team flukes. Final four is special and I hope they keep on going. It's so good to have the PAC be more than just Stanford in WBB. But I do have a request for next weekend. This is becoming a pattern for your team... dig a hole then claw your way back out to the win. It would be a bit easier on us, the fans, if they could skip the 'dig a hole' part tho! Do you think they could do that for us????????

A Pac 12 team made it into the final four tonight. We will carry the Buff's banner as proudly as we carry our own! Wish us luck!

Huge congrats! Good luck in the Final Four.

Gottlieb and Lappe are going to be coaching against each other for a long time, I think. Hopefully we'll catch up to where you are and we can both leave Furd behind at some point.

So for those that were able to watch the game, how bad was the foul situation? Because twitter & most reports said that Baylor was getting EVERY call out there, but then I saw the Baylor coach had a meltdown in the press conference after the game. What's going on?

Mulkey melts down every game and it's worse if her team isn't winning and all the calls aren't going her way.

This is fantastic! It was such an exciting game and I loved watching a team going to the Final Four who isn't one of the usual teams being there. You can bet I will be cheering for Cal to take it all!

Mulkey melts down every game and it's worse if her team isn't winning and all the calls aren't going her way.

Because, you know, since her team had a huge talent advantage there could only be two explanations for the loss: either the referees were so one-sided against them that it was almost impossible to overcome... or Mulkey got out-coached like she was Jon Embree going against Chip Kelley.

I've asked various places if any other team guarded Griner like Louisville did. Nobody can recall that they have. Louisville had the perfect game plan and executed it near perfectly. That doesn't usually happen. Even with players fouling out, by that time, Griner and her teammates were totally frustrated. I don't think in that kind of situations Mulkey being so emotional helps the players calm down.

I had already not been happy because ESPN had three Baylor players do a video of them acting like Mulkey on the sidelines. She is the epitome of poor sportsmanship and then you ask players to act that way?

I'm sure Baylor lost because the referees were so one-sided. Anybody in Waco will tell you that. :violin:

Back