What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Women's NCAA Tournament

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Pac-12 is looking ridiculously good.

Oregon State punched its ticket to the Sweet 16 yesterday.

8-seed ASU only lost by 3 to 1-seed South Carolina.

Today, as expected, Stanford joined them.

In a big upset, 10-seed Oregon took down 2-seed Duke.

Cal, Washington and UCLA all still to play today. UCLA & Washington favored

Oregon State, Stanford, Oregon, Washington and UCLA are still alive. UCLA gets UConn next.

The two teams that have lost were the two weakest in my mind.

Oregon State, Stanford, Oregon, Washington and UCLA are still alive. UCLA gets UConn next.

The two teams that have lost were the two weakest in my mind.

UCLA has as good a chance as anyone to beat UConn, I think. They seem to be peaking with all that talent we knew they had coming into the season.

Uconn will win their 5th straight and something like 10 in last 16 years...great accomplishment but turns people off...

UCLA has as good a chance as anyone to beat UConn, I think. They seem to be peaking with all that talent we knew they had coming into the season.
It's a nice dream.
Although I guess you said "as good as anyone", so yeah pretty much. Sucks that ND and South Carolina both lost starters, really makes UConn's trip that much easier.

I don't dislike Geno .... I think he has done a terrific job with the UConn WBB program. What I don't like, and why I don't watch UConn WBB games for much of the season, is how they all turn into huge blowouts against horribly overmatched teams. I'd love to watch a close, competitive game involving UConn WBB and someone who has the game and the mentality to beat them. A game with two teams playing at that high level would be amazing.

I don't dislike Geno .... I think he has done a terrific job with the UConn WBB program. What I don't like, and why I don't watch UConn WBB games for much of the season, is how they all turn into huge blowouts against horribly overmatched teams. I'd love to watch a close, competitive game involving UConn WBB and someone who has the game and the mentality to beat them. A game with two teams playing at that high level would be amazing.

This,

The problem is that it has become self perpetuating. The constantly win so the very best players who want to play at the highest level are much easier for them to recruit. Having the best players top to bottom on their roster means they continue to swamp teams and continue to attract the next group of best players.

Unless somebody can prove they are cheating this is going to be a very hard cycle to break. They are so deep that even if a team manages to get a dominant star (like Baylor did with Griner) UConn is still going to beat them on depth. Even if a team manages to beat them one year the depth will carry them back to the top.

I don't know what the answer is but it isn't good for women's basketball. They need the excitement of multiple teams contending for a championship to draw new fans.

The real kick in the ass is this season. It was supposed to be a rebuilding year. Geno even scheduled a ridiculous non-conference slate to try to lose, end this streak, and use it to motivate this team for the long-term. And they answered every challenge. UConn is very likely to be better next season.

I figure women's basketball is over for me tonight. UConn will be in the championship and I can't tell you the last time I watched the championship game.

I did the same thing with Tennessee when they were so dominant.

The only solution to restore competitive balance is to reduce the scholarships from 15 to 13, same as men. To many scholarships allows a small group of teams to consistently stock pile the best players.

The only solution to restore competitive balance is to reduce the scholarships from 15 to 13, same as men. To many scholarships allows a small group of teams to consistently stock pile the best players.

That would help.

Also put a limit on the early signing period of maybe two LOIs. When a player who has been told for a year and a half that she is "priority number one" is asked to wait for the later signing period because they have two others that are more important at the moment it might give them pause. UConn has some young women sitting on the bench who would be all-conference at some other schools.

So..anyone actually watching this? Miss State led by 16 in the first half. All tied up now and going to the fourth quarter.

This game is actually coming down to it. Uconn keeps closing in, and miss state keeps answering. Great game so far.

I get to watch the national championship game for the first time in years! Can't wait.

No feeling sorry for UConn. They never have to travel until the Final Four and then Geno complained about the time of the game. Had to be something.

No, Dawn Staley did not like being sent to Stockton, but her team will be playing tomorrow.

Back