What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Wood v. Gehrke v. ?? Who Starts at QB (and BB2 Hates wood)

I missed the spring game due to travel. However, I did attend a few practices and watched a couple of 30 minute scrimmages at Folsom. During that time, Hirsh was on the team and being competitive. Wood had his problems but did some very good things too. Webb was very journeymen like, but never stood out from the crowd. During that time, the two scrimmage reports I turned in to AllBuffs made no mention of Gehke because I don't recall Gehrke practicing with the team during that time. I seriously doubt Gehrke even sniffs the field this season.
those were the early practices. The later ones, it was clear who was better. Anyways, you didn't see Gehrke cause he wasn't on the team yet. Wildcard, he is.

Are you saying you don't want to see Dillon get some reps?

Not unless he takes significant strides. He would look even worse than Wood did last year.

But how about RGIII for QB? He is in Dal Ward right now, maybe he has some eligibility left

It is obvious that I am not the only one when the coach himself stated that it was tied.

You really believe it was tied? The Spring Game ends and only days later, after coaches review tape and have their final meetings with the players, one of the QBs who was "tied" suddenly decides to transfer to Akron. It doesn't take a genius to figure this out.

Based on the interview Hirschman gave Daily camera. It doesn't take a genius to reach the conclusion that it was tied. Hirschman decided to transfer because he felt that he outplayed Wood and didn't agree that the competition was tied.

Well great u can watch him at Akron. I don't see the point of all this if the guy isn't ****ing here.

Based on the interview Hirschman gave Daily camera. It doesn't take a genius to reach the conclusion that it was tied. Hirschman decided to transfer because he felt that he outplayed Wood and didn't agree that the competition was tied.

Yet he believed transferring to Akron gave him a better shot to play, strange.

It doesn't matter anyway, he got a fair shot and decided to leave. It wasn't the "Internet coaches" or even the football coaches that prevented him from being the starter at CU, he made that decision himself by leaving.

nice molehill of evidence you have there.

Anybody remember NickNelsonNation, over at the other site when Corky first won the starting QB job from his father DII Danny? Bigbang is starting to sound a lot like that...

To answer the OP, I believe Wood starts the season and plays better than we have seen in his career so far. He won't set the world on fire, but he'll be prove to be capable in this offense. Still, whoever is the #2 will play this year so I hope someone else is ready to play.

To answer the OP, I believe Wood starts the season and plays better than we have seen in his career so far. He won't set the world on fire, but he'll be prove to be capable in this offense. Still, whoever is the #2 will play this year so I hope someone else is ready to play.

See I think Wood in this offense and with this coaching (and having PRich back) will excel, this is the year where we see his offer list and recruiting ranking validated.

Are you saying you don't want to see Dillon get some reps?

Based on what I observed first hand in multiple practices and the spring game, including rewatching the game on DVR, he won't be getting reps in 2013. He looked shockingly out of sync, had trouble with footwork, his delivery was very low, and his ball was plain ugly. I came away with real concerns about his shoulder. Not saying he can't develop, but will say that his one year at CU under Rip did not appear to help him in terms of his development to play under CU's new offense. He looks to be starting over, and probably addressing his throwing motion (I presume).

Gehrke is the same graduating class as Dillon, but spent a year running a similar offense, and from film, looks to me to be well ahead of what I saw from Dillon.

I don't believe they bring in Gehrke if they had confidence in Dillon's readiness. Just me perhaps.

Based on what I observed first hand in multiple practices and the spring game, including rewatching the game on DVR, he won't be getting reps in 2013. He looked shockingly out of sync, had trouble with footwork, his delivery was very low, and his ball was plain ugly. I came away with real concerns about his shoulder. Not saying he can't develop, but will say that his one year at CU under Rip did not appear to help him in terms of his development to play under CU's new offense. He looks to be starting over, and probably addressing his throwing motion (I presume).

Gehrke is the same graduating class as Dillon, but spent a year running a similar offense, and from film, looks to me to be well ahead of what I saw from Dillon.

I don't believe they bring in Gehrke if they had confidence in Dillon's readiness. Just me perhaps.

High probability of this being true.

I sense that the coaching staff suddenly got a sense of urgency to bring in another guy after they had a chance to assess what they had in Dillon.

All speculation of course since I don't know exactly what the coaches see or think but the reports on Dillon haven't been good so far. I hope he can get everything back together and be the guy who inspired our high hopes but right now it seems as if the shoulder injury threw him off track more than we hoped or expected.

With all of that if he can get to the point where he can get some garbage time plays at some point this year it would be a great sign and help him as well.

This is Wood's team now. He will be given every opportunity to get the job done. There aren't many options behind him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I won't be shocked if Dillon gets reps this year. His problem is mechanics. He is probably the most talented QB on the roster. He has a lot of work to do this summer.

I won't be shocked if Dillon gets reps this year. His problem is mechanics. He is probably the most talented QB on the roster. He has a lot of work to do this summer.

:rofl:
:rofl:

I am a fan of Dillon and hope that he gets some reps this year in clean up duty but to call him the most talented QB on the roster is even more laughable than saying that Hirsch should have been the starter.

Go back and look up Woods recruit pages. I know that Dillon got an offer from Ohio State but compare his offer list to Wood's, his rating to Wood's, and his physical ability to Wood's. There isn't a comparison.

Now it still is a matter that neither one has yet translated ability into game results but on a pure talent basis, no Dillon isn't the most talented on the roster.

It is like watching a car wreck. I keep coming back to this thread just to see what kind of new unkown QB insight BB2 has for us. Just like a car wreck, you can not help but look at the carnage it left as you drive by.

His issues go far beyond mechanics. He looked completely lost this spring.

Late in the spring game, at least, Dillon was a statue collecting sacks, and the D-line knew it and was teeing off. What I can't figure out is why you guys respond to the troll.

Humor reasons?

It's like watching an auto race, we know that all they are doing is going around in circles but we also know that if we keep watching we are going to see a wreck and as much as we shouldn't enjoy it we have to watch.

I am glad you guys are not coaching the Buffs. Dillon will get better like all young players do. I will not be shocked if he ends up playing this fall.

I am glad you guys are not coaching the Buffs. Dillon will get better like all young players do. I will not be shocked if he ends up playing this fall.
No one is saying he can't get better, they're just saying that at this point in time Dillon is no where near ready to see any playing time and anyone who watched the practices and scrimmages knows that.

Back