What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Wood vs. Hirsch, Spring Conclusions

Re-watched the Spring Game. Wood is the leaderin the QB derby. Hirsch is OK, but Wood looked quite a bit better IMO.

I am glad to see most of agree Wood looked better, he did. I just don't see it with Hirschman, he has had considerable playing time in real games and the guy just doesn't look good to me, ever.

+1
You can see improvement in both guys, but it's pretty clear that Hirschman doesn't have the same upside.

heh. I thought it was terrible. JT was wide open with no one near him due to a blown coverage and Hirsch overthrew him to the point it took a brilliant catch by JT to save the TD.

Hirsch didn't know JThom would be so wide open when he threw the ball. He the threw it to a spot where only JThom could get it. At least that's my interpretation of that particular play. And yes, JThom made a nice, diving catch. I'm going to enjoy seeing him play. The kid has skills.

Hirsch didn't know JThom would be so wide open when he threw the ball. He the threw it to a spot where only JThom could get it. At least that's my interpretation of that particular play. And yes, JThom made a nice, diving catch. I'm going to enjoy seeing him play. The kid has skills.

What I don't get is how a ball that's snapped at the 35yd line gets thrown in the end zone and there's no one within 15 yards of the WR. Schematically, wtf was that. I have only two confidence instilling answers:

1. We are DARING CSU to throw deep over the middle on us in the first series because we plan on picking it off
2. A mutually agreed upon show of offensive force to make teams think twice about double covering Prich

My not so confidence instilling answers are:

1. Our safeties haven't realized you can't leave a gigantic part of the field open without giving up easy TDs
2. Our coaches haven't figured out how to teach #1
3. We are waiting on some true FR to step into the position because we haven't found a safety with good instincts

Hopefully the safeties will be better with TSmith and Orms starting (if healthy).

How so? Connor was rated better coming out of high school (bigger, taller and faster). Connor also had significantly better offers.

Trickett has an arm. In the few snaps I saw of his at FSU, it was evident as to how his Dad talked Jimbo Fisher into extending a scholarship. But he never got bigger, he is still way too skinny to take the kind of punishment QB's take at the D1 level.

How so? Connor was rated better coming out of high school (bigger, taller and faster). Connor also had significantly better offers.

But how many offers did Jordan Webb have to beat out Connor last year?

Trickett did really well for FSU as a freshman.

WB & CO. psyched the living sh*t out of Wood when they got here and could not recover him from their own mis-deeds and faux pas. They expected him to be perfect and excoriated him when he was less than; then wondered why the kid didn't/couldn't step up!

AS far as I observed, only two players got better last year: Bahktiari and Kasa. Bahk because of his brother and Kasa because he was a TE, the only thing WB knows how to coach. That staff wins the Ricardo Patton Memorial Award for making a whole team and almost every player on it, worse!

I wouldn't say these are "really good stats" for a freshman with all the talent around him...

huqeja2a.jpg

those are solid stats.

They are solid stats. I wonder how much of that had to do with the talent around him. Florida has athletes who never see the field who are better than some of the guys we are counting on to start.

If he were potentially interested in coming here (have we had any indication that he is interested in us) then I would leave it up to M2's judgement. Unlike our last transfer ex-starter he has actually won multiple games at a high level. If you can complete passes against SEC secondaries the speed of the game isn't an issue for you.

Back