What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

worst CU football head coach in the last 50 years?

worst CU football head coach in the last 50 year?

• other (if you pick this one, be prepared to defend your answer)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Old Mac for leaving to god damn early! He could have made a dynasty till the 2000's!!!

Did that moment happen the first year or the 2nd?

For me, it was the CSU game in year 2. It was when I saw, after 2 series, them throw down the flash cards for signaling in plays for the hurry up spread attack they were unveiling that year... but I didn't want to believe my rational mind... and then it slowly built from there until the game losing drive by Sac State when I fully accepted that there was no hope.
It was Fresno for me. I was still (amazing in retrospect) telling myself that we were too young during the CSU game. For Fresno I was in Seattle. I made my friends we were visiting go to a sports bar I had found that was going to carry the game. We walked in what must have been 14 real time minutes after kick off, talked an eye-rolling staff member to switch to the game, she did and we were already down 21. I was speechless. I actually became quietly angry. I experienced nasty, gritty disgust. And that's when I knew. That's also when I knew that my emotional hopes for our program had been completely eclipsing my ability observe and think.

Back