What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

WORST OFFICIATING i've seen. 5 penalties on cu none on cal and...

Was the no-call on the roughing the CU punter as bad as it looked in person? Dude trucked O'Neil and it didn't look like he even touched the ball.

Was the no-call on the roughing the CU punter as bad as it looked in person? Dude trucked O'Neil and it didn't look like he even touched the ball.
It was awful. Clearly the ball wasn't tipped but of course, we didn't get that call but the refs called it on us because we can counter act gravity.

Nah he got a piece of the ball.

On that crystal clear FCS SD feed, I couldn't see the ball being tipped. But then again, I could barely tell if the punter was O'Neill or Bonsu, so that might not mean anything. :lol: Given the outcome of the punt, I can believe that somebody got a finger on it....

The ball was tipped, but the part that confused me was that the guy who ran into O'Neill isn't the one who tipped it. I know if you tip the ball you're basically given immunity on hitting the punter, but is everyone immune from it if the ball is tipped?

On that crystal clear FCS SD feed, I couldn't see the ball being tipped. But then again, I could barely tell if the punter was O'Neill or Bonsu, so that might not mean anything. :lol: Given the outcome of the punt, I can believe that somebody got a finger on it....

:lol: I was on FCS too, it looked like he got a piece of it on there, but I deferred to people who were watching it on HD and they all said he clearly got a piece of it. Tini saw it live, though. It was most decidedly not touched and we got screwed.

Looking at it live, it looked like O'Neil kicked it to avoid the rusher. It did not appear to have the trajectory changed at all from what I saw, and I had a pretty good view of it. I was sitting behind him when he kicked it.

The ball was tipped, but the part that confused me was that the guy who ran into O'Neill isn't the one who tipped it. I know if you tip the ball you're basically given immunity on hitting the punter, but is everyone immune from it if the ball is tipped?

Depends on which happened first. You can't slam into the punter before the ball is tipped or it's roughing. You can hit him after a tipped ball.

I don't think it matters if it is a different player tipping the punt / running into the punter.

Depends on which happened first. You can't slam into the punter before the ball is tipped or it's roughing. You can hit him after a tipped ball.

I don't think it matters if it is a different player tipping the punt / running into the punter.

Gracias. The second guy did hit him a split second after the first one tipped it, so it was a good no-call.

C'mon. Blaming the refs is lame ass %*#$. As my dad always says, if you take care of business you'll never have to worry about the officials.

C'mon. Blaming the refs is lame ass %*#$. As my dad always says, if you take care of business you'll never have to worry about the officials.

Unless you're a Miami fan discussing a certain game against Ohio State. :smile2:

They had a pretty damn big impact today, and that makes a difference in an OT game.

I thought the officiating was disorganized and that there were some mistakes. But it evened out. That personal foul they called on Cal was horse****.

Point remains the same. CU had plenty of chances to win this thing regardless.

I'm not gonna dispute that, but the game wouldn't have been as close without the officiating help. So say what you will. If PRich doesn't get shoved in the back on an out and up, maybe the game doesn't even go to OT.

YES there was almost a riot... i saw a few people being restrained in the front row of 107 it was insane!

Crosspost:

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Daaah
Tough loss.

Can someone explain the roughing the passer call to me? Was it on the initial pass from the qb? Because if so, that was a lateral, not a pass. If it was on the second pass from the rb back to the qb, that was bs because they showed it on tv and no one hit the guy - plus, i think that was a lateral too.

Explanation please.

Thanks.

--------------------

It was on the rb (think it was actually a receiver)
--------------------------
Ok. So on the TV they cut back before the hit. It must have been pretty late. But was that really a forward pass back to the QB?

Two things...Nobody could fix the ref's mic? Pretty annoying. Also, one time there was off setting penalties and they replayed the down. Another time there was off setting penalties and they did NOT replay the down. I am confused on the rules.

I also want to know wtf happenned on the play that ray polk intercepted. Something with pass interference, but they said cal ended up with a completion. Was it called a force out so the interception didn't count? Or was it pass interference on the db?

Two things...Nobody could fix the ref's mic? Pretty annoying. Also, one time there was off setting penalties and they replayed the down. Another time there was off setting penalties and they did NOT replay the down. I am confused on the rules.

This second off-setting where they didn't replay the down confused me as well.

I also want to know wtf happenned on the play that ray polk intercepted. Something with pass interference, but they said cal ended up with a completion. Was it called a force out so the interception didn't count? Or was it pass interference on the db?

It was called PI on Henderson. Why the officials initially called Polk's INT a catch by Cal is something they'd probably have to answer (not that they could) :lol:

It was called PI on Henderson. Why the officials initially called Polk's INT a catch by Cal is something they'd probably have to answer (not that they could) :lol:

K... that's somewhat reasonable. It was a marginal PI call, but probably right. If Henderson turns his head, that's an interception.

I'll await explanation on that roughing the passer call.

K... that's somewhat reasonable. It was a marginal PI call, but probably right. If Henderson turns his head, that's an interception.

I'll await explanation on that roughing the passer call.

Agreed. Henderson often gets caught not looking at the ball. When he sees that receiver turning to locate and those hands start coming up to catch, he has got to get turned around to play the ball

Back