What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Worst possible scenario: Texas/A&M go to Pac10 and CU is left in rump Big12

Because the TV revenue would suck for that conference, and money is the lifeblood of an athletic program.

Why would a move to the MWC w Boise and an automatic BCS bid be a bad thing? As it stands now, the conference is no worse than the Big XII north, Pac Ten (look at the head to head MWC vs Pac 10 the last couple years), ACC and Big East....Like it or not, the MWC is legit , especially if they keep TCU.

I dont care about head to head the past couple of years a move to the MWC would not improve our academic prestige or energize donors. The decrease on TV revenue alone would kill an already hurting AD. Would it translate into more wins? Probably, but I want more for CU.

Because the TV revenue would suck for that conference, and money is the lifeblood of an athletic program.

The TV revenue that would be generated for the PAC 10 by adding teams like UT and aTm holds a greater NATIONAL market share than adding CU and Utah...Both are regional teams that are a distant 2nd in ratings to the broncos and cougars respectively

I heard Colorado and Utah are their number one choices from several reliable sources.

is it this guy's friend?
`
coachratfink.jpg

I dont care about head to head the past couple of years a move to the MWC would not improve our academic prestige or energize donors. The decrease on TV revenue alone would kill an already hurting AD. Would it translate into more wins? Probably, but I want more for CU.

CU's academic prestige is no where near Stanfords, UCLAs, Cals, UTs or even aTms. I love the university, but the academic side has this false sense of self entitlement that is hurting the athletic department and the university from a "big picture" perspective. I agree that CU's donors are lack luster and a move to the pac ten would probably re energize them...but WHY would CU be more appealing to the Pac Ten than UT, aTm or even Utah? Any conference commissioner would take either one of those three before CU, and if they didnt they would either be unemployed shortly after, or would be hired on to replace Mike Bohn

The Big XII's TV contract is one of if not the worst of the "Big 6" conferences (Pac 10 is right there with em). An automatic BCS bid would equal more money for the athletic department. The auto bid would increase leverage for the Mtn network (more TV revenue and a possible deal with espn or fsn), They wouldnt have to pay as much in travel....I want more for CU as well, but I am also a realist. We can continue to live in the past like nebraska fans always seem to or we can look at schools like Boise and Utah who both have more BSC bowl game wins than Nebraska, Florida State, ND, PSU and even CU...The MWC is legit and has been for a while. CU is in no place especially now to roll their eyes at an opportunity to join this conference should they also add Boise, CU and 1 more.

Utah more appealing? MWC legit? If any of the teams in the non BCS conferences were worthy they would already be in a BCS conference. Its not about recent success and w/l records its about creating the best brand name for the individual conferences and their soon to be individual networks. The Big Ten and the B10 Network have changed the game. The more TV sets brings in more money through higher fees from cable providers. Yes Texas is the homerun everyone wants, and they will call their shot and aTm is desirable as well, but I think they would rather go to the SEC.

At this point CU needs to play the Arkansas role and move move to the Pac 12 as soon as they get the invite or they will end up like Houston in a second tier conference looking in. Get ready the Big 12 and the Big East are about to get carved up.

CU's academic prestige is no where near Stanfords, UCLAs, Cals, UTs or even aTms. I love the university, but the academic side has this false sense of self entitlement that is hurting the athletic department and the university from a "big picture" perspective. I agree that CU's donors are lack luster and a move to the pac ten would probably re energize them...but WHY would CU be more appealing to the Pac Ten than UT, aTm or even Utah? Any conference commissioner would take either one of those three before CU, and if they didnt they would either be unemployed shortly after, or would be hired on to replace Mike Bohn

The Big XII's TV contract is one of if not the worst of the "Big 6" conferences (Pac 10 is right there with em). An automatic BCS bid would equal more money for the athletic department. The auto bid would increase leverage for the Mtn network (more TV revenue and a possible deal with espn or fsn), They wouldnt have to pay as much in travel....I want more for CU as well, but I am also a realist. We can continue to live in the past like nebraska fans always seem to or we can look at schools like Boise and Utah who both have more BSC bowl game wins than Nebraska, Florida State, ND, PSU and even CU...The MWC is legit and has been for a while. CU is in no place especially now to roll their eyes at an opportunity to join this conference should they also add Boise, CU and 1 more.

The Big 12's contracts are currently 3rd among the BCS conferences, and the MWC conference payout is about 10-20% of the Big 12.

While the MWC is a good conference "on-the-field" it still has a long way to go in the piggy bank.

Might as well turn out the lights if that happens.

Haven't we already turned out the lights with bonehead, Douchestano and Talkins?

I'd like to see us do good in sports but its obvious it isn't a priority in the athletic department nor in the administration..

The hilarity won't come when the Aggy band goes to Palo Alto or Berkely. The aggie band is very impressive. There's no denying it. No, the true hilarity will come if and when the Stanford band goes to collieville. I foresee numerous impalings with those ghey swords the aggies love to carry around.

Uh oh!

corppuncher5vl.jpg

CorpsSabreSMU.jpg

He says they haven't talked to the Big 12, UW's AD has said both the pac-10 and Big 10 has contacted Texas.

I am guessing people have different definitions of 'talking'

Talking to the consulting firm that is working for the Big Ten is technically not "talking" to the Big Ten.

Back