What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Would Arizona be the biggest win since WVU in '08?

Absolutely. Buffs getting to 4-3 would be huge.

Georgia '10 (even with UGA down) was a big win to put the Buffs 3-1, but given what happened right after that, it was diminished.

With out a doubt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We got really lucky in '10 when AJ Green couldn't go for most of the 2nd half. He was abusing Brown and Smith. Just beating them up and taking the ball.

The 2011 win at Utah was huge because of our road drought. Made me think Embree had us on course for improvement as a program. Like Hawk's '08 WVU win it didn't turn out to mean ****.

The 2011 win at Utah was huge because of our road drought. Made me think Embree had us on course for improvement as a program. Like Hawk's '08 WVU win it didn't turn out to mean ****.

Heh, seriously. Or to go back even further, I figured that Oklahoma victory was a real turning point..

Bigger.

When we beat WVU people still believed that we were bad but a legitimate BCS level team. It was a big upset but it wasn't seen as an impossibility or some miracle.

Now we have fallen so far that there are people who seriously question our ability to beat any BCS team other that another bottom feeder. Beating Arizona would mean that we can at least stay on the field with one of our conference foes, that under the right circumstances we can win in conference, something that is currently in question.

It might be the biggest win since then but only by a slim margin over beating A&M in 2009 and UGA in 2010, both of which ended up as 6-6 teams. Arizona would likely end up with 7 wins at best if we beat them. It wouldn't be bigger than the WV win because they were ranked 21st when we beat them and Arizona isn't even receiving votes in the current polls.

No way in Hell... WVU was ranked and it was a Thursday game in the national spotlight. Different circumstances and different teams in different places. This is a big game for the team to gain confidence and keep building on what HCMM is trying to build, but it's not fair to the current team to compare this game with one of the past that has no bearing or impact on them and what they're trying to accomplish right now.

Yes. That WVU was hyped for over a year. But, everyone forgets they were like 1-2 going into that game

No.

As much doom as being cast around here, it's not like winning a home game, or even a conference game are things that we haven't been able to do in years. I think it would be big in the sense that we really need to avoid going winless in the conference. We've very rarely done that, even in our worst years in the Big 8 (thank God for KState). But in the sense of it being a huge win, no, there's no way beating another team in the bottom of the conference is that big of a win. I hope to never see the day that beating a bad team at home - conference game or no - is a big a win as beating a ranked team at home.

Now excuse while I go puke at the thought of beating a slightly above average WVU in 2008 at home now being the measuring stick for our program.

No.

As much doom as being cast around here, it's not like winning a home game, or even a conference game are things that we haven't been able to do in years. I think it would be big in the sense that we really need to avoid going winless in the conference. We've very rarely done that, even in our worst years in the Big 8 (thank God for IOWA ST). But in the sense of it being a huge win, no, there's no way beating another team in the bottom of the conference is that big of a win. I hope to never see the day that beating a bad team at home - conference game or no - is a big a win as beating a ranked team at home.

Now excuse while I go puke at the thought of beating a slightly above average WVU in 2008 at home now being the measuring stick for our program.

FIFY- I was at the ISU/CU game when the Buffs won their only game because ISU missed a chip shot FG

FIFY- I was at the ISU/CU game when the Buffs won their only game because ISU missed a chip shot FG

Touche.

Actually, I just looked it up - because I apparently have nothing better to do today - and CU has only gone winless in 'conference' play twice. In 1898, CU lost their only two 'conference' games, to CC and Mines. In 1915, CU was 0-5 in the RMAC. That's it.

That's a 98-year streak, so the Buffs better figure out a way to win one of these remaining games.

We went to a bowl game and beat NU after the OK game.

Played Bama tough in the Bowl game too.

I was at the last Arizona win, was a Novemeber game, Senior Day and our offense looked amazing! We won 3 games that year. Felt like a wizzard choosing that game to fly out too.

Back