What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Would Texass Stick Around In Big12/Big East Merger ?

If they were assured they could keep their Longhorn Network ?
Texass
Texass Tech
TCU
Baylor
Houston
SMU
KSU
Iowa St

West Va
Cincinatti
Louisville
S Florida
Central Florida
E Carolina
Memphis
S Mississippi

It's an incredibly unstable conference with Texass, WVU, TCU and USF looking to leave the instant they get a bid from a 4x16 survivor. That's the problem here - that conference does not unseat B1G, P14, SEC or ACC even if those conferences only have 14 teams. For that to happen, they'd need to add NDD & BYU and have Ohio State go on long term probation to unstead a 12 team B1G. Highly unlikely.

It's a couple issues. First - it's money. Texas is greedy, as you said. If they can have more money, they'll take it. Even if they can't have it, they'll try to figure out a way to coerce people out of it somehow. It's how they operate. Secondly, it's about scheduling. Football is one thing - 12 games a year is hard enough, but possible. The rest of their sports would be nearly impossible to fill out schedules for, though. And with all this bull**** they've pulled recently, there won't be a lot of schools lining up to put the whorns on their schedule - football or otherwise. Faced with the idea of getting about the same amount of money by being independent as opposed to being in a conference - they'll take the conference. Especially if it's a conference they can control, kinda like the Big 12, or the SWC. Of course they still haven't realized that they're the ones responsible for the demise of those two conferences. I doubt they ever will.
This is exactly why I dont want them. Coming to the Pac on their terms is bull**** anyway, shouldnt be that why but I get why it is. Even if they did fold to Pac terms and join, it wouldnt last. There would be a time when the money, power, or whatever wasnt good enough anymore and they'd start pulling their bs, count on it.

I think if UT wanted to be in a ****** conference they wouldn't be shopping themselves around so much. Don't see this happening, more likely to add a team or 3 and try to keep the B12 alive (with OU if at all possible).

I wonder if Boise St has been talking to some of these conferences. I could see the B12 looking seriously at them. They are good (right now) they are popular. Boise needs to get into an AQ conference and they know it aint gonna be the pac.

I wonder if Boise St has been talking to some of these conferences. I could see the B12 looking seriously at them. They are good (right now) they are popular. Boise needs to get into an AQ conference and they know it aint gonna be the pac.

Boise would be a solid pickup for the Big 12.

The Big XII looks like a sinking ship nationally. Losing Nebraska an Colorado gave them a big black eye, A&M leaving leaves a mark as well.

If they are going to survive with some credibility they need to add some schools that have big enough names to provide an argument that they are still made up of top programs. The three that have the best name recognition would be Boise, BYU, and TCU. I could see them trying to get all three.

Back