What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Would you give Tosh Lupoi a second chance to coach DL at CU?

With all due respect guys, you need to spend some time looking into Mr. Lupoi and how things went down with Cal. It wasn't just underhanded - it was some of the sleaziest stuuff I've ever seen, inside or outside of college football. There are probably 1,000 threads on Tosh on Bearinsider. Here's one:

http://bearinsider.com/forums/showt...-came-back-3-times/page5&highlight=Tosh+Lupoi

Bottom line you'd be marginally better off putting a rabid mongoose in your underwear.

You like a thread that has a suggestion that several other schools conspired to tear down the mighty Cal football program and divide the spoils and you expect to be taken seriously?

I realize this is just a hypothetical question, but it would be beyond stupid and desperate to hire this guy.

He intentionally blew up Cal's highly-rated recruiting class at the last minute after leaving so no one else would get credit for it and was sleazy enough at UW that when SC was set to hire him, even Sleazy Sarkisian had to back off him because of the coffee cup cash scandal at UW: http://seattletimes.com/html/huskyfootball/2022486529_uwfootball19xml.html

Why do you think he's an intern now?

I realize this is just a hypothetical question, but it would be beyond stupid and desperate to hire this guy.

He intentionally blew up Cal's highly-rated recruiting class at the last minute after leaving so no one else would get credit for it and was sleazy enough at UW that when SC was set to hire him, even Sleazy Sarkisian had to back off him because of the coffee cup cash scandal at UW: http://seattletimes.com/html/huskyfootball/2022486529_uwfootball19xml.html

And in the SEC, where there are only two rules observed for recruiting : 1) There are no recruiting rules; and, 2) see Rule No. 1!

This is one of those threads that can end up starting as some kind of low level internet totally unfounded speculative wish and turn into a rumor. Next thing we will see is something in the newspaper. "Is CU Interested in Hiring Controversial Coach?"

This is one of those threads that can end up starting as some kind of low level internet totally unfounded speculative wish and turn into a rumor. Next thing we will see is something in the newspaper. "Is CU Interested in Hiring Controversial Coach?"
Didn't you say in another thread nothing we say here actually matters?

I suspect most of our Pac 12 conference partners are much more SEC-like than we are when it comes to recruiting.

You like a thread that has a suggestion that several other schools conspired to tear down the mighty Cal football program and divide the spoils and you expect to be taken seriously?

Will try this again. Posted a link to this thread on the Cal site. That elicited some more reaction and detail than the earlier thread that I "liked". I'll apologize in advance that some on the Cal thread question the intelligence of the Buffs fans that are advocating this hire. Being ignorant of the facts is not the same thing as being dumb. But for those who do know the facts and still want to do this........ may God have mercy on your soul.

http://bearinsider.com/forums/showt...eculating-about-whether-they-should-hire-Tosh

You are right on both accounts.
1) It would be stupid to hire Lupoi or any shady coach for that matter. It would just come back to bite us in the end.
2) I desperately want to bring in one or two coaches that are great recruiters.

I hope MacIntyre is smart enough to find a coach that is a great recruiter based on charisma and hard work.
I also hope that MacIntyre is desperate to upgrade our staff's ability to recruit top players.

I think Coach Mac and his staff understand that this program would not really endure a major, or even minor, NCAA scandal. They are absolutely committed to avoiding NCAA violations. Many of the rules seem stupid, but they obey them. That is a huge recruiting disadvantage in comparison to several programs. As for Tosh, he was smooth and knowledgeable as a recruiter. He had obviously done his homework prior to contacting us. He also made certain we knew of his on field successes at Cal and UW and the individual successes of his better DL players. Too smooth? You decide.

Back