What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Would you take Mike Leach as CU's HC?

Hell, **** no. He is a good coach but you dont want this man. Ive met Craig, as a family member played with him at SMU but I was little bitty. I cant speak for him but Leach is a different story. If he wouldnt fit in Lubbock, there is no ****ing way he fits in Boulder. On top of all that, he speaks his mind and dont give 2 ****s. Also, he is a world champion peckerwood, he is the ultimate badass coach in his eyes. Very bad idea imho. I have personal experience with this guy, he is a very good coach but he isnt our guy fwiw.

hell yeah !!!! the buffs would win the north every year for starters,win the big 12 some,and go bowling every year woo hoo

Why would I say no to a coach that has proven he can win? That and he is bat **** crazy, I like that.

HELL NO! Leach has proven himself to be a great coach - fine. There are so many other great coaches out there though that know how to act like a man. Leach is an immature idiot. His quotes crack me up, because they're so dumbfoundingly idiotic. Come on - this guy is a mental headcase. Why would you pick him up? Just because you think he's going to win games? The guy is major dick, and would not represent the university well. He's also a mercenary too - he has no loyalty and will be gone once another "higher" job arises. He's won games, but I think there are other coaching candidates that can do the same. I think if he came to Boulder, we'd be in another clusterf***.

You guys supporting taking him have got to be nuts. He would be a frigging disaster in Boulder. Not only that, he would never take the job because he would not buy into the "trying to do it the right way" philosophy that apparently exists up there.

Why would I say no to a coach that has proven he can win? That and he is bat **** crazy, I like that.
Well, there have been a lot of "great" coaches who have switched programs and failed, usually because the "fit" isn't good. Like Luke said above, if Leach's act isn't going over in Lubbock frigging Texas, how the hell would it work in Boulder?

If it were Pirate Mike or Captain Care Bear, that's easy, I'll take the winner, thank you. If it were Pirate Mike vs. other viable candidates, I'd think there are other HC's who would be a better fit. Al Golden leaps to mind.

I have to admit, watching ML offend every whacko liberal on campus would be hugely entertaining though...

Mike Leach has been at TT since 2000 with an overall record of 84W - 43L and never has had a losing season. If these allegations weren't the story line right now, and he just decided to leave TT I am pretty sure that people would not have a problem with him coming to CU...IMO

I find it humorous that people are worried about whether a guy who's won twice as many games as he's lost would be a "good fit" in Boulder.

Like that matters. Mac was a horrible "fit". Didn't matter. Skippy was a great "fit". Hawk is a great "fit".

If it were Pirate Mike or Captain Care Bear, that's easy, I'll take the winner, thank you. If it were Pirate Mike vs. other viable candidates, I'd think there are other HC's who would be a better fit. Al Golden leaps to mind.

I have to admit, watching ML offend every whacko liberal on campus would be hugely entertaining though...

Al Golden would be a fantastic choice. There is some chatter that he is a guy Bohn would look at if we end up making a change. I would really like that pick.

I find it humorous that people are worried about whether a guy who's won twice as many games as he's lost would be a "good fit" in Boulder.

Like that matters. Mac was a horrible "fit". Didn't matter. Skippy was a great "fit". Hawk is a great "fit".

Here is why I do not think Leach is a good "fit". He can recruit just about anyone he wants at TT right now. It is about the same as K-State in terms of admissions. I am just not sure he would adjust well to different admissions standards.

i know for a fact from colleagues at CU (faculty) that Rick was not well liked. and i don't think (as i've posted before) any profs care that much about Hawkins or that he's healed some split between academics and "football" that was there before.

most profs don't give a crap. i think there's a lot of making up some narrative that football fans want to believe about the evil, liberal, all-powerful faculty that's really popular on message boards like this one. that CU profs are sports haters more than other universities and the easy scapegoat of Boulder as liberal (de facto football haters).

truth is: the BFA has very little actual power (Boulder Faculty Assembly). the university is run by economists and accountants and PR wankers....not professors. if you got truck, football fans should complain about them.

Last edited:
Yes, I would'nt mind seeing him as the HC. I believe the style of football player he would recruit would be vastly different than what we have become accustomed to in the past.

I'm not crazy about his style of offense, but dammit, he wins games in the tougher of our divisions. Furthermore, I kind of like his character. He cracks me up in his interviews. So yes, I wouldn't be upset if CU went a courtin'.

Too bad Kiseau didn't get the PSU job cause we could have hired leach to be OC. :slayer:

Only if he brings the bell ringer....

[video=youtube;_I-4XS3XtZQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I-4XS3XtZQ[/video]

and more dating advice.

[video=youtube;DxBsXzvENpo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxBsXzvENpo[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, at least one player has come out publically and said he was glad to see Leach go. From his quotes (on ESPN, didn't catch his name) it sounds like the players didn't like him much.

I don't think the PC police would be allow him in town for a hamburger let alone for a job; I like the thought assuming he is not abusive - I guess that remains ot be seen.

We dont want this guy for a number of reasons. U think Hawk is risky? This guy will go for it on 4th down at his own two up ten points. I really just think its a bad idea. I could be wrong though, just my opinion. Alot of folks talk about what a great call he made in the Texas game last year. Did he make a great call? If the dude just tackles Crabtree, the game is over with a timeout left. Very risky imho but he trusted his guy to make the play, I guess it all depends how u look at it whether he would be good at CU or not.

His record in the South is better than Hawks record in the North. End of story.

We dont want this guy for a number of reasons. U think Hawk is risky? This guy will go for it on 4th down at his own two up ten points. I really just think its a bad idea. I could be wrong though, just my opinion. Alot of folks talk about what a great call he made in the Texas game last year. Did he make a great call? If the dude just tackles Crabtree, the game is over with a timeout left. Very risky imho but he trusted his guy to make the play, I guess it all depends how u look at it whether he would be good at CU or not.
No argument here, I think Hawk's peak was the OU game. I have some reasons for why I hope he never coaches in Boulder, Leach I mean. There is a reason a spread team, that cant run the ball, doesnt win the big one. I dont know about yall but the CU I grew up watching was competing for national titles not just the big 12 north.

Back