What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Wow. Mizzou LB Michael Sam: "I'm gay."

All I have to say is who gives a crap. He can either play in the NFL or not. I couldn't care less who or what he is doing off the field. It should not be an advantage or disadvantage for him. Also, why do I care that some obscure actor is gay? It all seems a bit self-promoting and narcisissitic to me. It has no impact whatsoever, good or bad on most people in this country and is a waste of time. Every time this happens they try to make it into a Jackie Robinson story. Not even close to the same thing. You are gay? Good for you. Who cares. I'm straight. Who cares? Go play and let me get back to reading about the economy.

All I have to say is who gives a crap. He can either play in the NFL or not. I couldn't care less who or what he is doing off the field. It should not be an advantage or disadvantage for him. Also, why do I care that some obscure actor is gay? It all seems a bit self-promoting and narcisissitic to me. It has no impact whatsoever, good or bad on most people in this country and is a waste of time. Every time this happens they try to make it into a Jackie Robinson story. Not even close to the same thing. You are gay? Good for you. Who cares. I'm straight. Who cares? Go play and let me get back to reading about the economy.
It's a big deal when there hasn't been an ACTIVE openly gay player before, let alone someone who made it public before they were even drafted. This would be like saying in 1947, "why do I care that Jackie Robinson is black, he should just make it on merit." It's not an equal comparison to Jackie Robinson, because we're a lot more accepting of a society to gays than we were to blacks. But it's still never happened before.

Back