What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

WR Jeff Thomas to grey shirt?

With Richardson, this is an average Pac-12 WR corp. Without him, it's significantly below average. Fortunately, our first 3 games are against MWC and a 1AA opponent. Our current WRs are at least average for a MWC team and should be fine. By the time the Wazzu game rolls around, it's likely they will have improved a lot -- and P-Rich may be back then or soon after.

We have, without a doubt, the worst Pac12 WR corp without richardson. Losing JT, even if was just potential, is a huge hit. We don't have a prototypical receiver anymore.

We have, without a doubt, the worst Pac12 WR corp without richardson. Losing JT, even if was just potential, is a huge hit. We don't have a prototypical receiver anymore.

Unless someone steps up, I don't really see how we are going to be able to run the ball.

Unless someone steps up, I don't really see how we are going to be able to run the ball.
Our hopes are pinned on playcalling and GT. I just don't see spruce being that guy. He's a solid piece, but not someone that will force defenses to be honest.

Our hopes are pinned on playcalling and GT. I just don't see spruce being that guy. He's a solid piece, but not someone that will force defenses to be honest.

Kasa, too, I guess. Hopefully some play action to keep people honest.

My hope is that we can hit on enough deep plays between him and Canty to open up the shorter routes with Spruce and McCullough

My hope is that we can hit on enough deep plays between him and Canty to open up the shorter routes with Spruce and McCullough
IF Webb is accurate enough to put the ball deep on the shoulder where the CB isn't, I could see McCullough being a deep threat against single coverage... but that's a big if.

IF Webb is accurate enough to put the ball deep on the shoulder where the CB isn't, I could see McCullough being a deep threat against single coverage... but that's a big if.

Yes - that is why I said 'hope' :smile2:

Last year we were much more impressive with the first two but Ebner, Espy, etc were the depth. The pre-season articles highlighted Espy as the replacement for Scotty in the slot. This year we don't have the starters but are much deeper at least in terms of athletes, most are unproven but we have much better athletes for depth. Still not close to were we need to be but improving significantly.

Not sure if you realize this, but Ebner is still a big part of the depth. How can you say we are significantly improving if we have worse starters and the depth is basically the same group of players aside from Gerald Thomas? The athleticism in this group is average at best for a BCS program.

He could get deep if we the right matchup. Hell, he might make a play on size alone. Hes not running by anybody, maybe a lb. Toney would have a huge year if he wasnt in the NFL. Spruce really needs to step up, a TE wouldnt hurt.

I live in Nm and id never heard of him till he verballed. This isnt exactly a hotbed of talent, he can give us some matchups tho.

As usual, I'm lost. Is there reason to believe he won't be returning to the program?

One of two things happened. Either 1) Moett is pissed and is gonna straighten him out, or 2) something truly jacked up occurred with him or his fam. I hope its the first.

Moett strikes me as someone who doesn't **** around. If he's going home to get straightened up, you can be assured it's gonna happen. I just hope whatever it is, they aren't soured on Colorado or the program...because we certainly haven't soured on him.

Hope all is well, and I hope he's back here in January ready to hit the books, and make an impact on the field. He seems like a great kid from an exceptional family. God speed JT.

Not sure if you realize this, but Ebner is still a big part of the depth. How can you say we are significantly improving if we have worse starters and the depth is basically the same group of players aside from Gerald Thomas? The athleticism in this group is average at best for a BCS program.

McCulloch, Ebner, Gorman, Spruce, Thomas, Canty > Prich, Clemons, Espy, Ebner, McCulloch, Gray, Cefalo.

Clearly.

I think Nelson is gonna have a coming out party this year.... and i also think gerald could be all pac frosh.... been hearing they are killing it in practice. 7 days!

McCulloch, Ebner, Gorman, Spruce, Thomas, Canty > Prich, Clemons, Espy, Ebner, McCulloch, Gray, Cefalo.

Clearly.

Big issue here is that the guys we have right now are way better than the teams we will be facing in the OOC. The question comes in the conference schedule. If PRich can come back reasonably close to full speed the threat he presents will take the pressure off the other guys. We have guys who will be able to do the job against normal coverage but PRich is the only one who can force the hand of the PAC level defenses and make those guys effective in critical situations.

Gerald Thomas in the slot! CSU won't know what him em. 3-0, then P-Rich returns for the WSU game. Book it.

Back