What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Write up of the A&M and UT divorce

That sounds feasible. I know total money > greater on any new contract. I don't know avg money/school will be greater after. We will see in a couple of years.

I would guess that the SEC will pool local media right and try to launch the SEC network. Having the St Louis market as well as Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio will be a gigantic boost to revenue.

The two schools you added bring some very significant television markets with them. The SEC will make more money off of their media contract now than before.

Missouri is a bit player on the scene and Aggy is just aggy. SEC already had 12 teams, no reason to expand their conference.

Missouri is a bit player on the scene and Aggy is just aggy. SEC already had 12 teams, no reason to expand their conference.

Jimbo - you are usually a little more tuned in to the nuances of these kinds of things. I'm disappointed. It's not about the on-field competition. It's not about weirdness of fanbase or how well they travel. It's not about overall athletic prowess or historical on-field performance. It's not about any of these things for the SEC. Nor is it about these things for A&M or Missouri. It's about MONEY. That's what it was about when CU and UU went to the Pac, and that's what it's about now. A&M and Missouri will give the SEC access to the media markets of Kansas City, St. Louis, San Antonio, Dallas and Houston. That's a freaking gold mine for the SEC. The BiG was stupid in not taking Missouri, IMO. Maybe they feel like they have enough money. The SEC never is burdened with those kinds of silly thoughts.

Roughly the SEC makes $205M/yr for football from TV contracts. That is a little over $17M/yr per team. Will those teams add $34M to the TV contract? I don't know but I don't see it.

Look at it this way the Pac-12 got 250m+ for 12 teams, all things being equal youd have to expect to get 290m+ per year for 14 teams. And we know damn well they arent equal.

Back