Xbox One vs. Playstation 4

Discussion in 'Games' started by Daaah, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Jalapeno

Jalapeno Doom Slayer Club Member

Playstation Experience presser is @ 9PM MT tonight if anyone is interested.

2. Jalapeno

3. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

looks weird as ****, but Kojima has earned the benefit of the doubt IMO

TDforTD likes this.
  4. Matt

Matt Club Member Club Member

To be fair Metal Gear solid did get weird as **** with the story at times. Still great games though.

TDforTD, BuffPride88 and White_Rabbit like this.
  5. Jalapeno

Given that I have Ultra Street Fighter IV and SFV on my PC, THIS IS AWESOME!

This means I will have SF 1 thru 5 on one platform.

6. Jalapeno

7. BuffPride88

BuffPride88 Club Member Club Member

MK>SF

TDforTD likes this.
  8. Jalapeno

Would have been awesome if there would be a SF vs MK game ever released. If Capcom and Warner Bros (who now owns MK) works something out, it might happen. No one in the 1990s would ever think Sonic and Mario would appear in the same game.

9. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

Was surprised with an Xbox one x!! I've ported most of my high end gaming to my PC, so I need to find a game that takes advantage if the added power

Highlander and Jalapeno like this.
  10. dio

So, I didn't buy any Xbox X enhanced games - none interested me or I would have preferred them on my PC.

What I did do however was wipe all my Witcher 3 saves and restart that game, since they released a Xbox X patch that updates the fidelity.

That was a great looking game before, and looks even better (note that I don't have a 4k TV, but I do take advantage of the upscaling). Silky smooth an the loading times are significantly reduced, which is nice.

And it is the Witcher. I forgot how marvelous that game is. Excited to replay it with the expansions (which I owned from the season pass but never played)

White_Rabbit, Matt and Highlander like this.
  11. dio

By the way, if you haven't played the Witcher recently, it might be worth giving it a whirl. They've made some great quality of life improvements to the UI so it isn't so painful.

12. Hunchback Quaker

Hunchback Quaker Club Member Club Member

20 bucks on Xbox right now for the complete edition. Excited to jump back in on my Xbonx!

13. Jalapeno

14. TDforTD

TDforTD Club Member Club Member

Just picked this up! Enjoying it so far, I haven’t played it before.

Highlander likes this.
  15. Highlander

Highlander There can be only one Club Member

LOL - how old was that post? I bought Bioshock for my PC and I can see it on my shelf right now. Never played it, I don't think.

I believe I have become a guy who likes to think he enjoys gaming quite a bit, versus actually being a gamer. I blame having kids in their active years and never believing I will have more than a few minutes to myself at any given time.

TDforTD likes this.
  16. TDforTD

TDforTD Club Member Club Member

Oh damn, I didn’t even notice lol. They made a Bioshock Collection for next gen so I grabbed it today.

I get that for sure. I buy a game, enjoy about 60-70% of it, then get caught up in other games/shows/Buffs and never finish. The only game I can say for certain that I’d finish is KOTOR 3 if we ever get it.

[​IMG]

Highlander likes this.
  17. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

Red Dead Redemption 2 postponed until October 26. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

18. Jalapeno

Well there's RDR on PS Now for PC gamers. ;)

19. Jalapeno

Game made by the people who made those Motorstorm games for the Playstation consoles. Coming out June 5th for PS & XB with a PC version to follow.

Highlander likes this.
  20. Jalapeno

21. Jalapeno

Just noticed on Amazon that XBox Game Pass subscriptions for six months are $59.99. I'm renewing my Origin Access annual pass (for PC) but having EA Access for the same price as Origin Access plus the XBox Game Pass might be enough for me to cave in and get a XB1. Going to hang on until E3 to see if Sony or Nintendo have caved in to those pricing pressures.

22. Jalapeno

23. Highlander

Highlander There can be only one Club Member

They built their gaming system around delivering a streaming tv service. Then couldn’t make the negotiations work to deliver a compelling package. Huge risk and they failed.

24. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

Yep. They wanted to make Xbox a media hub as opposed to a game system. Completely misunderstood their core buyers. Add to that the inability to differentiate with solid 1st party games and an extremely viable alternative with PS4 and you have the classic "meh" system.

Highlander likes this.
  25. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

I love my XB1, but Microsoft completed screwed up at launch. They are finally turning things around but they aren't going to be able to catch up on this generation of consoles.

Highlander likes this.
  26. dio

Yeah - same boat for me. They caved to the pressures of the time... they should have stuck to their guns with the digital distribution portion of their vision.

And then the gutting of their first-party studios is something that isn't turned around overnight.... will take years and years to get studios back on their feet.

27. TSchekler

TSchekler Club Member Club Member

Can you guys translate the issues you're referring to for someone who hasn't played video games since the early xbox360 days?

28. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

Microsoft went all in on digital. Digital streaming of TV, music, social media, and gaming, almost in that order. They wanted the console to be the heart of the living room, not an auxiliary component. The thing that Microsoft apparently missed, is that people purchase gaming consoles for gaming. By putting it near the bottom of their priority list, the experience suffered. By not making the gaming the most important part of the experience, the studios didn't develop any top shelf exclusive titles or really any significant titles at launch.

They tried the forcing feeding the kinect, it didn't work and people didn't like that it was ALWAYS on. They tried force feeding digital licenses for games, vs discs. It didn't work and basically cut off any hope of console owners of buying or selling used games. Microsoft has purchased some of the smaller independent studios and basically killed them under the weight of the corporate BS.

They completely whiffed on what they projected the future of consoles to be, and are paying for it. Luckily for Microsoft, the hardware itself is very very good. That alone has helped them kind of limp along until now where they are finally starting to ramp up with indy titles, good exclusives, etc.

Last edited: May 10, 2018
    Highlander and TSchekler like this.
  29. TSchekler

TSchekler Club Member Club Member

I know it was discussed in a thread I started about this, but if all I'm into is playing Madden and COD type games, XBox is still a solid way to go?

30. Jens1893

Jens1893 Moderator Club Member Junta Member

I think the overall user experience with the constantly updated UI, gamerscore and XBox Live is better. less clunky and more immersive on XB1 than on PS4. I also prefer the XB1 controller over the DualShock.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.