What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Yahoo front page "worst football team"

And the recruiting process should be looking up HS sophs and juniors. 15-16-17 year olds. If this staff is waiting for 18-year-old decision makers, they'll find all of those committed to every other program.

This is what Sac State does - they have to wait until the dust is settled and all Div-1 schools sign their players, and the Sac State's of the world take up anything that's left over.

Teams should have 12-13-14 year old's in camps, as well. One measure of coaching greatness is the number of Repeats they get signed up for next-year camps. How many first-timers never return? How those players are doing in their own teams? It's not rocket science - it's just paying attention. But offering up Worst in any publicity campaign is pretty bad, folks.

Must win at Wash State. Must. Or "Worst Football In College" is going to be Embree's program for at least 10 weeks of prime-time sports-page history. Must win.

I hope Embree's satisfaction-with-effort against Sac State and Fresno is just deflective cover-ups for his personal fires inside.

I think you are a little behind the curve here. We've already achieved "Worst in College Football." We aren't winning. WSU has struggled a bit, but pretty much how you would expect a squad to do under a first year head coach. They came out and struggled heavily in their first game under the new coaching staff in a VERY tough environment at BYU and have been improving since.

McChesney giving his "honest" assessment about our Buffs is garbage! Where is his loyalty? I only see McChesney hurting our recruiting further.

McChesney giving his "honest" assessment about our Buffs is garbage! Where is his loyalty? I only see McChesney hurting our recruiting further.

Recruiting is the least of our worries right now. McChesney spoke from the heart about a subject he's very familiar with. I find that refreshing. If it moves the discussion from "we need to give him more time" to "who can we find to replace him", then it's a good thing.

His loyalty is right where it should be imho. Nothing wrong with letting the players know the guys that came before u are watching. Maybe itll wake their ass up and get them to show a little pride. He might say it hard but thats who he is.

I've seen it described several times as most want the football team to quietly go about its business. Staying out of the headlines being the most important thing. By that description, they would be just fine with 4-7 wins a year, the occassional bowl, but staying in their little box.

Two things will get their attention and both deal with headlines in the paper:
1) Players getting arrested
2) A team so bad they are a national punchline

I hope that theory is right and this "wakes up" the general CU leadership to make a change that in this case, would be positive for the football program. It could even help the stadium expansion efforts when they realize we will be at the bottom of the league if we don't make this investment.

We're ALREADY waaaayyyy past the bottom of the league!

If our players arent straight pissed off, they never will be. Being a running joke, now the whole country is jumping on, better wake u up.

BuffedUp, that note about Mighty-Mouse Rouse is great, and to the point. His 94-yard record-setting run - "It wasn't even Fresno's longest play of the game!"

The Fresno QB, by the way, was ready to be rotated in as a DB. They took the headphones away from him, gave them to the backup-punter 3rd String QB as next-QB-in for the whole 2nd half. The Fresno QB was going to be used to relieve the out-of-gas Fresno DBs.

Fortunately, Embree never bothered tiring out Fresno's secondary, so they stayed with their usual 12 man rotation instead of using the QB and 3 or 4 WRs.

As for the comment about "behind the curve", yes, well... except I'm not the one that needs the win. Embree is that one. If he doesn't realize this is his last likeliest chance to win for the next 10 weeks, then he'll be getting more and more Worst Team headlines.

I think this is a significant stake in the heart for recruiting. There is just something so much worse about "Worst Team" instead of bad or down team.

I have a hard time with the Bottom 10 listing, especially when they use bottom-of-barrel conference schools that have never done anything, never will do. UMass at #2? Are you kidding me? Why not Savannah State then? Why not climb down the poor Div-III schools that have bake-sales, not scholarships? KY is an interesting jellied mass at this time, that's true. If anyone's capable of deflecting attention from Embree's crown, KY might gel into that. Of course, they'll always able to say, "Even doormat of the SEC is still part of the greatest conference..."

Meanwhile, Embree's lost to the Big Sky Conference and the Mountain West. Isn't there a Patriot Conference back east? What conference does DePauw play in? Surely they're worse than CU, yes?

I have a hard time with the Bottom 10 listing, especially when they use bottom-of-barrel conference schools that have never done anything, never will do. UMass at #2? Are you kidding me? Why not Savannah State then? Why not climb down the poor Div-III schools that have bake-sales, not scholarships? KY is an interesting jellied mass at this time, that's true. If anyone's capable of deflecting attention from Embree's crown, KY might gel into that. Of course, they'll always able to say, "Even doormat of the SEC is still part of the greatest conference..."

Meanwhile, Embree's lost to the Big Sky Conference and the Mountain West. Isn't there a Patriot Conference back east? What conference does DePauw play in? Surely they're worse than CU, yes?

ESPN's list is and has always been tongue-in-cheek. It's a fun list with the infamous #5 spot. Look at the "Waiting List".

Basically, you're reading too much into it. Easy way to get off the list is to win, btw.

Yes, it's always tongue-in-cheek. And winning CAN do wonders - but I sort of enjoy the 1-2 win teams that manage to earn distinction there. I also think it is an intended kick-in-the-backside for certain teams that simply should do better because they're a recent Pac-12-BCS-Type conference addition.

Maybe I should type: "I also WANT to think that..."

No direction to go but up from here. One win and the national spotlight fades. Two wins and half of us on this site cool down. Three wins and..... Well there won't be even two wins, so....

Here's what wrong with that line of thinking. Those anti-football folks you mention won't think "Hey, we need to increase funding for football." They say "Cut football". However, these press clippings might just light a fire under Benson and Distephano.
The CU administration probably never reads the sports page. They never give a thought to the athletics program. They flat out don't give a rat's @$$.

Back