What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Yahoo Sports gives grades to all the new coaches: Embree gets a D

Can't say I agree with the D grade. When a team plays the schedule they had and no bye week to boot, then I think a C- may be more in line. Sure they had play execution issues and penalty's that could have been better. But what CFB coach could have really done a whole lot better with the same players and that schedule?

Last edited:
We should just acknowledge that the "D grade" is based on record alone, shrug our shoulders and move along. It isn't a real evaluation of Embo's coaching. I was disappointed in the team this year, but none of us knows whether any other coach would have done better. Except for Jimmy and Syko. Either of their choices for head coach would've gone 15-0 and secured the top 28 recruits in the nation.

I think a D+/C- is about right.

agree. i'd be a lot more generous minus the UCLA atrocity. but that did happen. on their own, both UA and Utah were encouraged but with UCLA right in the middle.....not a great bellweather. we weren't very good, that's for sure. even with the schedule, the Wazzou game was a killer. can't blow chances when the margin for error is so small. and at home. kind of hard to look that one away. what we didn't see was doing more with less, obvious scheme improvements and blocking/tackling fundamentals. another long off-season full of question marks for Buff fans.

Last edited:
The Hawaii, Cal, Wash St and the no show at UCLA is a bad indictment on Embree and his staff. Beating Utah took a little sting out of it but from what I've seen our coaching wasn't at the level it needs to be if we want to compete in the Pac 12.

I agree, Greg Brown is in over his head. The defensive schemes last year were a big reason we lost those games.

The D grade was given without any insight into the program. With the lack of talent, lack of depth, and the brutal schedule, I would give Embo a C.

Back