What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Yoga Helps Prepare Buffs For Rigors Of Approaching Season

My understanding:
This was the trainer (Rueda)'s idea, not Hawkins.
It's voluntary.
Other student athletes besides football are participating.

One of my kids sometimes goes to Bikram yoga (the super-heated sweaty room type.) He has met quite a few young ladies this way. Don't knock it.

After trying to survive a Texas summer, and knowing how football practices down here are being conducted in 105 degree heat, the LAST thing I want to think about is hot yoga.

Well, nobody would love to pile on with a Hawk/Macchu Picchu/Zen of Football Maintenance/Naropa/Tofu joke more than me, but Greg Finegan, GB's S&T guy had the players doing yoga too, so I guess I can't...wait, never mind.:smile2:

Lefty, you finally solved the riddle as to why Hawk isn't winning more games. He is simply confused, he thinks instead of coaching at the flagship state university in Boulder he is actually coaching Naropa. As such he wants to make sure he gets in sufficient amounts of Zen, of spiritualism and self-awareness, of alternate philosophy, of disembodied poetry, of peace studies, etc.

We just need somebody with a high degree of sensitivity and understanding to explain to him that he isn't coaching for Naropa, he is coaching for CU and he would be better served to align his thinking a little more with that of those coaches who actually win some football games. I nominate DBT and Sacky for this task.:nod:

Lefty, you finally solved the riddle as to why Hawk isn't winning more games. He is simply confused, he thinks instead of coaching at the flagship state university in Boulder he is actually coaching Naropa. As such he wants to make sure he gets in sufficient amounts of Zen, of spiritualism and self-awareness, of alternate philosophy, of disembodied poetry, of peace studies, etc.

We just need somebody with a high degree of sensitivity and understanding to explain to him that he isn't coaching for Naropa, he is coaching for CU and he would be better served to align his thinking a little more with that of those coaches who actually win some football games. I nominate DBT and Sacky for this task.:nod:

One vote for BuffWings. Can I get a second?

Lol...

Back