What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Yoots under PC pressure to change logo & name

• Thread starter Deleted member 807
  • Start date
Screw the PC crowd. It's moronic. Why the hell does anybody care what a school calls itself? Answer: They don't. Even the people who say they care don't. They just want desperately to have some kind of platform from which to preach. They need to find something better to do.

fightinwhites.jpg

This might not work, due to the link source
FightingWhites.png

For those that don't already know the story:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fighting_Whites

I have a buddy some of you have met at the tailgates. He's Cambodian. He's funny as hell and a great guy to drink a few beers with. He and some other friends of his had a hockey team they called "The gooks of hazzard". This was a bunch of Asian dudes calling themselves that, and the league wouldn't let them.

Anyway, I thought that was a seriously funny name for a city league hockey team. The gooks of hazzard. Awesome.

I have a buddy some of you have met at the tailgates. He's Cambodian. He's funny as hell and a great guy to drink a few beers with. He and some other friends of his had a hockey team they called "The gooks of hazzard". This was a bunch of Asian dudes calling themselves that, and the league wouldn't let them.

Anyway, I thought that was a seriously funny name for a city league hockey team. The gooks of hazzard. Awesome.

That is fairly stupid the league wouldn't let them call themselves that (and a clever name of course), but wouldn't it be quite different if a team of all white guys did the same the same thing? That's the distinction in the Fighting Irish/Fighting Sioux to me.

How can this be non-PC if the tribe approves? Idots.

Right, we can be PC for african americans, mexicans, chinese, japanese, muslims but **** the native americans. :rolling_eyes:

Well, then I suggest the Nubian, Menudo, Wutan, Ninja, or Ayatollah Warriors. (one of these for GIA)

Skiddy, wouldn't "Yellow Jellos" be more natural (or would that also offend syko?).

But seriously, I suggest the Spammers (oddly popular in Hawai'i and purely a recruiting tool).

Right, we can be PC for african americans, mexicans, chinese, japanese, muslims but **** the native americans. :rolling_eyes:
No, **** the PC crowd:rolling_eyes:. Are you Native American? The names don't bother me a bit. People need to give up the victim mentality.

This is a bunch of BS! Ute's should keep their name and logo. When it comes to this type of stuff, some people are way to sensitive. Hell, there's a guy (rick) at where I work that's a full blooded Navajo, he tells me that some of the Indian nation he meets at pow wow's like the fact that there are teams named after their tribes and that they root for those teams. I asked him last summer about how the tribal nation felt about the Cleveland Indians. Surprisingly to me, he told me it was their favorite baseball team. Go figure?

No, **** the PC crowd:rolling_eyes:. Are you Native American? The names don't bother me a bit. People need to give up the victim mentality.

No, I just find it funny that other certain ethnic groups when they complain , the "fake outrage" is all over the place.

No, I just find it funny that other certain ethnic groups when they complain , the "fake outrage" is all over the place.

The "fake outrage" usually comes from white guilt do-gooders. I find it patronizing.

At least in the first season in the PAC 12, they are "The CU Biatches". Sounds like a great new name for them to go by. Anyone want to design a logo for them?

Back