What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

You have just witnessed CU's last win of 2014...

Not a single thread celebrating a victory, but we do have a thread to rip on the team and predict it will go winless the rest of the year.

Our fans suck.

I guess I'm in the minority since I'm happy about the win, excited for the best defensive performance I've seen in a long time, pleased with seeing more growth this week, and fired up about another stellar performance by Spruce.

Not a single thread celebrating a victory, but we do have a thread to rip on the team and predict it will go winless the rest of the year.

Our fans suck.

I guess I'm in the minority since I'm happy about the win, excited for the best defensive performance I've seen in a long time, pleased with seeing more growth this week, and fired up about another stellar performance by Spruce.
Great post

I think that we definitely have a shot at beating Washington. I go to Georgia State and we look better against them than some D2 schools.

Our fans suck.

Did you see who posted it?

I think that we definitely have a shot at beating Washington. I go to Georgia State and we look better against them than some D2 schools.

Cal will be a good barometer. If the Buffs can beat them on the road, then we might find a few more wins. If we get crushed again, it is going to be a long season. I do think we will win at least one conference game.

Our fans suck.

How do our fans suck? We beat friggin Hawaii in unimpressive fashion. The fact that anyone's still a fan at this point pretty much speaks for itself. It's nice to see some objective analysis from folks like Syko, Slider, Liver, etc.

Our fans suck.

That's fair, and I think there were definitely some bright spots in this game that we can be excited about. I also think the tone from fans is evidence that a lot of fans expected a better performance at this stage than what we saw today. There were lots of good vibes after an inspired performance last week even in defeat, today felt like the opposite.

That's fair, and I think there were definitely some bright spots in this game that we can be excited about. I also think the tone from fans is evidence that a lot of fans expected a better performance at this stage than what we saw today. There were lots of good vibes after an inspired performance last week even in defeat, today felt like the opposite.

I admit, I did expect a bit of a let down from last week. This team just isn't talented enough to give anything less than a total effort. There were some flashes. The difficulty level goes up next week. Cal on paper has monumentally out recruited our Buffs.

I still think sefo is our guy. I wish we had a legit go-to rb. The wrs are a good unit, nearing lower end p5 quality. We've got real trouble on the o line, d line, and at lb. I think our secondary is our best unit and as I have said all year, I think Henderson is our best player. He starts at nearly any other p12 school.

We will need sustained effort, good coaching, and a bit of luck. If we get it, we could win a couple of conference games, maybe even catch someone by surprise and pull a real upset. I don't think the team is going winless the rest of the way.

Hawaii's D wasn't too shabby coming into the game. Ranked #26 in holding opponent's drives to no first downs or touchdowns.(3 and outs). This is unadjusted for strength of schedule which they most likely bump up with OrSt and UW on the slate so far. #46 at preventing long methodical drives, which our Buffs seem to have an identity with. Long drives, low yds/play.

ASU was the opposite, strong on explosive drives, poor on firstdowns and methodical drives
Cal is pretty average, except horrible with stopping long methodical drives. So good match up. Road's the test.
Oregon State is similar to Hawaii, except they also excel against explosive drives where Hawaii does not.

Anyway expected the UH D to cause some problems even though THEY ARE HAWAII;-)

Peace, bad win is a good win, however they get it done.

Go Buffs!

Last edited:
I admit, I did expect a bit of a let down from last week. This team just isn't talented enough to give anything less than a total effort. There were some flashes. The difficulty level goes up next week. Cal on paper has monumentally out recruited our Buffs.

I still think sefo is our guy. I wish we had a legit go-to rb. The wrs are a good unit, nearing lower end p5 quality. We've got real trouble on the o line, d line, and at lb. I think our secondary is our best unit and as I have said all year, I think Henderson is our best player. He starts at nearly any other p12 school.

We will need sustained effort, good coaching, and a bit of luck. If we get it, we could win a couple of conference games, maybe even catch someone by surprise and pull a real upset. I don't think the team is going winless the rest of the way.
We almost seemed to expect our defense to win the game the second half. They did, but you can't play that way the rest of the year. Sefo's confidence is completely shot, which I can't blame him.

We've played four very good halves in four games. Whether the bad halves are due to inexperience, poor coaching, or pure lack of talent (or more than one) remains to be decided. Glass half-full guy will chalk it up to inexperience. A win at Cal would be huge.

PS - Embree and Hawk would each have found their own way to lose a game like today... Unbelievable the short (repressed?) memories around here

You kidding me? How in the world do you NOT score one effing point in the second half, at HOME vs the rainbows?

It's one thing to not have talent but this staff blows. Keep running a 170lb rb on short yardage over and over. OL can't block STILL.

Any hope for progress i got last week is gone, this is a poorly coached, poorly recruited program

The players also need to show some pride. Every member of the staff and team should be disgusted with that performance.

:wtf:

Sam Axe: "You know spies, a bunch of b----y little girls." Same could be said about some Buffs "fans."

Wins come in all varieties - impressive, lucky, tough, narrow, etc. We can't be choosy. We beat an FBS team that hung tough with OSU and UW. And this "Hawaii sucks on the mainland" garbage is crap - they lost 3 away games last year by 3 points or less. They have talent up front. Today we showed resilience on defense, something we've all been bitching about for years. Shouldn't we be encouraged by that? I think we expected a much higher scoring game. (That said, if they had a QB that could make the routine throws, it might have been different. Then again, Sefo missed many open looks today himself.)

I don't expect another win, mainly because of the depth of the conference. Simply no gimmes. But it's not impossible. And we'll play teams closer this year ... That is progress. Fact. It's not all wins and losses.

Last edited:

Our fans suck.

Rep. It wasn't a fun game to watch, but they won, and beat a team that hasn't rolled over for their other PAC opponents either.

Last edited:
Rep. It wasn't a fun game to watch, but they won, and beat a team that hasn't rolled over for their other PAC opponents they've played either.

You know the funny (odd) thing? I'm pretty sure that if the Buffs could have put up just one td in the 2nd half, we'd see more sunshine and rainbows from the fans. We just don't have a lot of margin for error with this team.

I do wonder what is up with the o line. I expected more out of them as a unit this year.

My opinion from he game was that mm just played it big time conservative in the second half. He is scared of losing a game he shouldn't. Rightfully so. The defense impressed me today. The play calling on offense was very meh. I think this was on purpose. There wasn't a moment in the game where I felt we didn't have it in hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know the funny (odd) thing? I'm pretty sure that if the Buffs could have put up just one td in the 2nd half, we'd see more sunshine and rainbows from the fans. We just don't have a lot of margin for error with this team.

I do wonder what is up with the o line. I expected more out of them as a unit this year.

I'm sure you're right.

Our fans suck.

Some of the fans do suck and enjoy acting out. They're just the vocal minority. Most fans are still appreciating the win - I know I am.

Wins come in all varieties - impressive, lucky, tough, narrow, etc. We can't be choosy. We beat an FBS team that hung tough with OSU and UW. And this "Hawaii sucks on the mainland" garbage is crap - they lost 3 away games last year by 3 points or less. They have talent up front. Today we showed resilience on defense, something we've all been bitching about for years. Shouldn't we be encouraged by that? I think we expected a much higher scoring game. (That said, if they had a QB that could make the routine throws, it might have been different. Then again, Sefo missed many open looks today himself.)

I don't expect another win, mainly because of the depth of the conference. Simply no gimmes. But it's not impossible. And we'll play teams closer this year ... That is progress. Fact. It's not all wins and losses.

Hawaii actually sucks everywhere (5-23 under Chow so far, 1-15 against the MWC).

I agree with most of what you're saying, but if we go 2-10 this year with our only 2 wins over UMass (2-25 the last 3 years) and Hawaii, it's going to be hard to claim progress.

We need to play some complete games and we'll have a chance vs some P12 teams.

There are fans here that are happy with this win. Sure I'd would have liked it if the Buffs won 52 - 10. I want them to win every game by that margine at least. But it isn't going to happen and especially right now.

Take the win, see what the Buffs bring next week. This team is getting better.

Our fans suck.

Let's not paint with a broad brush stroke because of a few malcontents.

most impressive part of CU's play today was on special teams-
great kick offs, punting was solid, called the fake punt at the right time and got the first down, and Hawaii didn't get any substantial returns - I give special teams an A+

UH lost the other two PAC 12 games by a total of 9 points. Yes they were off the island. They can play a little. We're pretty well coached. CU is progressing despite flaws. Run game can improve as shown last week.

We we will win another game and probably better than that.

Offensive play calling is just that. As syko said, real head-scratchers shoving Lindsay into the middle on 4th and short this week and last. Looking forward to seeing what HCMM does about that in the off season. Other than that, seeing some progress to set us up for next year.

Random Thoughts

Who was the linebacker a few years back who looked like Carrot Top? I thought I saw him on the sidelines in street clothes until I realized it was a chick.

These slow developing plays on offense (ex: double reverse) are going to get us into trouble against the more athletic teams coming up on the schedule. The bubble screens in particular look like pick sixes waiting to happen. Do they ever work anyway?

Sefo looked out of sorts today. I know he took some good shots, but he just didn't look sharp at any time.

Where would this team be without Nelson Spruce?

Last edited:
Back