What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

You have just witnessed CU's last win of 2014...

Who was the linebacker a few years back who looked like Carrot Top? I thought I saw him on the sidelines in street clothes until I realized it was a chick.

These slow developing plays on offense (ex: double reverse) are going to get us into trouble against the more athletic teams coming up on the schedule. The bubble screens in particular look like pick sixes waiting to happen. Do they ever work anyway?

Sefo looked out of sorts today. I know he took some good shots, but he just didn't look sharp at any time.

Where would this team be without Nelson Spruce?

We could use a LB like Jeff Smart right now if that's who you are talking about. Even better for us is that he was a walk-on who turned himself into a valuable part of the team.

Some of the play calling does cause some head scratching, especially considering the personnel they choose to use some times on those plays. Eventually they will figure out that on short yardage Lindsay and his less than 180 lbs isn't a high percentage option, same time trying to run Pow on wide cutback plays when you need 9 yards on a 3rd down isn't likely to do the job.

I would also be interested to look at the play charts to see exactly how predictable they are with the bubble screens at the start of halfs and how often they go screen to the opposite side after a screen.

MM saying he was pleased with all phases today.. You would think he'd say we have to do a better job on offense and be more productive. I'd say a more fired up, in your face coach would be better but we had that in embree, that didn't work out either. I understand why coaches use the positive spin but c'mon, saying your offense played poorly isn't going to hurt anyones ego or feelings. Hell the offense after hearing mike's postgame comments , think everything is awesome.

MM saying he was pleased with all phases today.. You would think he'd say we have to do a better job on offense and be more productive. I'd say a more fired up, in your face coach would be better but we had that in embree, that didn't work out either. I understand why coaches use the positive spin but c'mon, saying your offense played poorly isn't going to hurt anyones ego or feelings. Hell the offense after hearing mike's postgame comments , think everything is awesome.

I would expect Mac's message to the team in practice this week will be different from his comments to the media in the post-game presser. They all know the team has to play with more consistency across the board to be successful. Hopefully they will do that and this won't be the last win of 2014 as predicted.

Check out the snippet from his post-game in the locker room on the Pac-12 web site. MacIntyre's demeanor with the media (on stage) is very different that how he is with the team (behind the curtain).

I think we're at a point where confidence is still fragile. It's not the type of team yet where the coach can rip them apart. He's working on building them up. I guarantee that MacIntyre is pissed off about a hundred things we didn't even notice and he'll be on the asses of his assistants when they review film. But with the players, it's all about building on what went well and fixing the stuff that either came up new this week or is a lingering issue from previous weeks. A bunch has been corrected, though. Not gonna happen overnight. In fact, we may not see our Buffs put together a complete, 4 quarter, 3 phase, game in 2014. But we'll keep improving and building confidence.

love this guy.

image.jpg

We may steal 1 or 2 but we aren't likely to be favored in any Pac 12 games this year.

Sorry, who gives a crap whether CU is "favored"? If they win, they win. Only compulsive gamblers care where the mavens in Vegas set the betting line.

Sorry, who gives a crap whether CU is "favored"? If they win, they win. Only compulsive gamblers care where the mavens in Vegas set the betting line.

Speaking of which, I think the Buffs were favored by 7.5 today and won by 9. One of the reasons I thought we'd see more people happy when I came to the board after the game.

Well the thread title implies a discussion about CU's chances in our remaining games...it seemed like a relevant post.

The guy has proven to be an effective manager in the past.

Not a lot of organizations where the boss goes negative on people in public. M2 isn't going to embarrass anyone in the post game interview or presser.

I would expect that when the team sits down to films the tone will be different. Not to ruin feeling good after a win, this team hasn't had enough of that and needs to learn to enjoy it. Instead to focus on the areas that need improvement.

I'm not going to get down on you Syko, you've been with this team as long as I've been following them on the webs. What I can say is that I know patience has worn thin for a lot of people but if we ever needed it now is that time.

we finally have a coach who looks like he has an idea of how to rebuild this program. We have a coach who's team doesn't get a lot of the stupid penalties that have plagued us for almost 10 years, the delay of game, 12 men on the field, illegal formation, etc. We actually look like a team instead of a confused bunch of guys in costume.

Recruiting isn't great but it is getting better as well. M2 isn't ignoring the lines including looking to bring in your DTs.

This game 2 years agao would have been a loss. That first INT would have been the end of the game for the Buffs. We were a dumpster fire talentwise and a team that expected to lose every game.

M2 is slowly changing things. This team acts like a team that may not expect to win but at least sees it as a possibility. Our talent isn't anything special outside of a few guys but at least most of the guys we are putting out there either belong on a PAC team or can develop into that level of player.

We won't be favored in any of the rest of our games but at least we can believe we have a shot at a couple of them. That is improvement.

Enjoy the win. Enjoy a defense that for all it's problems won us a game today.

On a positive note, we held a team to 12 points that had racked up a lot of points in previous games. Sure, there is room for improvement. I was actually impressed by the defense. Our team needs to play 4 full quarters. At least the defense didn't allow a TD. And they held Hawaii in goal line stands a number of times.

You don't see any improvement from game 1? I do. Since game 1- Lindsay is becoming a players! spruce is doing great. shay fields has made a statement. George Frazier looks intriguing. The defense is improved. We are developing a running game slowly.

Next steps IMO- the OL really needs to come together. HCMM is a defensive coach. We can't win when we give up 30+ points a game, so maybe we are seeing our defense get it together and become the strength of the team. Our Offense will continue to come along. Anyone else agree with me?

You kidding me? How in the world do you NOT score one effing point in the second half, at HOME vs the rainbows?

It's one thing to not have talent but this staff blows. Keep running a 170lb rb on short yardage over and over. OL can't block STILL.

Any hope for progress i got last week is gone, this is a poorly coached, poorly recruited program

The players also need to show some pride. Every member of the staff and team should be disgusted with that performance.

:wtf:

Not a single thread celebrating a victory, but we do have a thread to rip on the team and predict it will go winless the rest of the year.

Our fans suck.

I guess I'm in the minority since I'm happy about the win, excited for the best defensive performance I've seen in a long time, pleased with seeing more growth this week, and fired up about another stellar performance by Spruce.
Repped

Agreed! I think HCMM knows how to rebuild a team. I think we all admit that we hit rock bottom, esp after losing to CSU. So I think I see today as a step in the right direction. Not impressive like ASU game, but some positives. I feel most positive that HCMM is in charge and I think he will get us there.

we finally have a coach who looks like he has an idea of how to rebuild this program. We have a coach who's team doesn't get a lot of the stupid penalties that have plagued us for almost 10 years, the delay of game, 12 men on the field, illegal formation, etc. We actually look like a team instead of a confused bunch of guys in costume.

Recruiting isn't great but it is getting better as well. M2 isn't ignoring the lines including looking to bring in your DTs.

This game 2 years agao would have been a loss. That first INT would have been the end of the game for the Buffs. We were a dumpster fire talentwise and a team that expected to lose every game.

M2 is slowly changing things. This team acts like a team that may not expect to win but at least sees it as a possibility. Our talent isn't anything special outside of a few guys but at least most of the guys we are putting out there either belong on a PAC team or can develop into that level of player.

You kidding me? How in the world do you NOT score one effing point in the second half, at HOME vs the rainbows?

It's one thing to not have talent but this staff blows. Keep running a 170lb rb on short yardage over and over. OL can't block STILL.

Any hope for progress i got last week is gone, this is a poorly coached, poorly recruited program

The players also need to show some pride. Every member of the staff and team should be disgusted with that performance.

:wtf:
You need to stop missing your therapy sessions, syko. I have to disagree with you on the "poorly coached" comment. The teams of the two previous regimes were "poorly coached." This team is night and day in that regard. Now take your Valium and go to bed.

The guy has proven to be an effective manager in the past.

Not a lot of organizations where the boss goes negative on people in public. M2 isn't going to embarrass anyone in the post game interview or presser.

I would expect that when the team sits down to films the tone will be different. Not to ruin feeling good after a win, this team hasn't had enough of that and needs to learn to enjoy it. Instead to focus on the areas that need improvement.

I'm not going to get down on you Syko, you've been with this team as long as I've been following them on the webs. What I can say is that I know patience has worn thin for a lot of people but if we ever needed it now is that time.

We won't be favored in any of the rest of our games but at least we can believe we have a shot at a couple of them. That is improvement.

Enjoy the win. Enjoy a defense that for all it's problems won us a game today.

Look, everyone knows I go overboard after losses at times, the offense today just did it for me. Any win is a good win for a program trying to get back, but the offense has to be better than this and having the coach say we need to be much better on offense isn't hurting anyone . I hear other coaches say it all the time. Big two weeks coming up at Cal and osu at home.

You need to stop missing your therapy sessions, syko. I have to disagree with you on the "poorly coached" comment. The teams of the two previous regimes were "poorly coached." This team is night and day in that regard. Now take your Valium and go to bed.

Father time, sit this one out. I got this.

Back