What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

You have just witnessed CU's last win of 2014...

I am wondering if I saw the same game as syko did. I saw an inspired and mentally tough team beat the spread and win the game, too.

2nd half offense was weak, but the defense picked it up. What's the problem, exactly?

Syko is that crazy pee wee football dad that constantly screams at his kid from the sideline.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I am wondering if I saw the same game as syko did. I saw an inspired and mentally tough team beat the spread and win the game, too.

2nd half offense was weak, but the defense picked it up. What's the problem, exactly?

Syko just being Syko. Which isn't a problem really.

Seemed like the Buffs were trying to run as much clock as possible on offense in the 2nd half. Play calling was about as vanilla as it gets. D looked good. Glad they won!

2 more wins this season.

So you saw CU do nothing on offense at home in the second half and your here wondering what? We are all happy they won, but if you want to play coach simple jack and act like the offense played mentally tough, your the one who has the problem.

Syko is that crazy pee wee football dad that constantly screams at his kid from the sideline.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Your the guy who gets butt hurt if anything but sunshine pumping is posted. It's okay, we dealt with you" head in the sand " folks during the hawkins years too.

Sefo has trouble throwing a pass with good velocity, if it's more than 20 yards. 2 games in a row he floats up an early long ball for a pick. We end up throwing dinky passes (SF is averaging what 6 or 7 yards a catch?) 90% of the time. Sefo is a great leader but I think it will be very tough for him to pass against the upcoming defenses

The Rainbow DC is going places. He has made half time adjustments that shut down all three of their opponents. Hopefully, we will learn how to counteract his schemes because everyone will examine what he did and copy. Congrats to the Buffs, especially the D. Winning when offensive failures keeps the D on the field is an exercise in fortitude and heart.

I felt better about our play after our loss last week than I did after our win this week. Still managed to enjoy the W.

The Rainbow DC is going places. He has made half time adjustments that shut down all three of their opponents. Hopefully, we will learn how to counteract his schemes because everyone will examine what he did and copy. Congrats to the Buffs, especially the D. Winning when offensive failures keeps the D on the field is an exercise in fortitude and heart.

Hopefully going to another place prior to our game next year at their house.

I think we can find at least one more W this season. If we actually put together a full game of solid football we could actually win more than that.

I think we can find at least one more W this season. If we actually put together a full game of solid football we could actually win more than that.

Yep. I don't think we go winless in conference. I'd put the over under at 2 more wins. More than that would be cause for celebration. Less, and I might be syko pissed. Lol.

So you saw CU do nothing on offense at home in the second half and your here wondering what? We are all happy they won, but if you want to play coach simple jack and act like the offense played mentally tough, your the one who has the problem.

I saw two "march it down the field and shove it down their throats" drives in the first half. They were absolute things of beauty. Couple that with a "screw your puny field goal, we are going to score on the first play from scrimmage". The second half was played more conservatively. So what? The line on the game was 7 points. We won by nine. Can you imagine what the game would have looked like if Embree was still the coach? We would have been mud holed.

Look around the PAC. Everybody is vulnerable. Wazzou nearly pulled off an amazing upset of Oregon. UA needed a last second Hail Mary to beat Cal at home. Making a statement like "we have won our last game of the year" is ridiculous. It may be true, but there's nothing in yesterday's game that would indicate the same unless you're looking really, really hard for it.

I saw two "march it down the field and shove it down their throats" drives in the first half. They were absolute things of beauty. Couple that with a "screw your puny field goal, we are going to score on the first play from scrimmage". The second half was played more conservatively. So what? The line on the game was 7 points. We won by nine. Can you imagine what the game would have looked like if Embree was still the coach? We would have been mud holed.

Look around the PAC. Everybody is vulnerable. Wazzou nearly pulled off an amazing upset of Oregon. UA needed a last second Hail Mary to beat Cal at home. Making a statement like "we have won our last game of the year" is ridiculous. It may be true, but there's nothing in yesterday's game that would indicate the same unless you're looking really, really hard for it.

Well said.

Amen

Screw that, look around the entire country. #1 almost lost. Indiana beat MIZZOU at MIZZOU. Virginia almost pulled it out v BYU. Michigan took it in the shorts in the Big House. LSU lost their first home night game in a millennia to a sad ass Miss St team. And Okla only beat WVU by 2 scores. It was a big day of "WTF and just be glad if your team won".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Something I was just thought of that made me smile...

We've seen a ton of bitching after the UMass and Hawaii games this year. We saw excitement after an ASU game we lost but matched up well in (actually dominating play for good chunks of the game).

WE CARE A LOT ABOUT STYLE POINTS.

With good teams becoming great, fans caring about style points is because of ranking or whatever. So it's not that.

I think it's about people being afraid to hope and to have expectations. We've been kicked in the nads a lot over the past decade. Under Hawkins, we had hope for a good while and then found out that the undercurrent of the program was so bad that all the good things were fool's gold and the concerns we were brushing aside were big ****ing deals.

Once faith is lost, it's hard to get it back from people. Lots of us are still looking at reasons not to believe. It may take multiple consecutive bowl seasons to turn that around and get Folsom and CU Football fans back to what we were.

Think about something.

We had a half of football with a putrid offensive performance and still beat a FBS team by two scores. How many times in recent years has that happened or not happened.

It wasn't what we wanted to see and granted Hawaii isn't anybodies powerhouse but think about it, we didn't play our best game and still won. Doesn't mean we are great or even good but it does mean that we are getting better. Enjoy it.

I enjoy wins.

I just wonder why Embree needs to be brought up so often. We all know he sucked as a HC, so why the need to constantly use him as some sort of a benchmark for MacIntyre's coaching ability?

Something I was just thought of that made me smile...

We've seen a ton of bitching after the UMass and Hawaii games this year. We saw excitement after an ASU game we lost but matched up well in (actually dominating play for good chunks of the game).

WE CARE A LOT ABOUT STYLE POINTS.

With good teams becoming great, fans caring about style points is because of ranking or whatever. So it's not that.

I think it's about people being afraid to hope and to have expectations. We've been kicked in the nads a lot over the past decade. Under Hawkins, we had hope for a good while and then found out that the undercurrent of the program was so bad that all the good things were fool's gold and the concerns we were brushing aside were big ****ing deals.

Once faith is lost, it's hard to get it back from people. Lots of us are still looking at reasons not to believe. It may take multiple consecutive bowl seasons to turn that around and get Folsom and CU Football fans back to what we were

I think that's pretty true, I know I fall into this category

I enjoy wins.

I just wonder why Embree needs to be brought up so often. We all know he sucked as a HC, so why the need to constantly use him as some sort of a benchmark for MacIntyre's coaching ability?

I think it goes way past Embree, this is the kind of game we would have figured out how to lose over the past decade.

We still have a long way to go, we aren't very good yet. I do think however that we should enjoy the gains we are seeing. Nothing wrong with being realistic about the shortcomings we still have. We likely won't be, and shouldn't be, favored for any games the rest of the year but lets enjoy the gains we are seeing.

I enjoy wins.

Not so much a benchmark, but like the old joke about the lion who followed an elephant around eating the elephant's droppings all morning. Finally after that happened four times, the elephant asked "What gives?" and the lion replies, "I ate a lawyer for breakfast and I'm trying to get the taste out of my mouth!"

Water Bottle is analogous to that lawyer: We're just trying to get that taste out of our mouths.

I bring up Embree because I think there are some who have forgotten how truly awful we were under him. We are two years removed from the most pathetic excuse for a football team in modern history and we are worrying about not looking pretty enough in a game we won easily.

I enjoyed that win. That was CU winning a game when they didn't play great on both sides of the ball. That's kind of a nice thing.

I'll play along.

CSU
Expectation: must win to get to 4 wins.
Reality: 1H lead evaporates. Both lines a problem. Team looks soft.

UMASS
Expectation: must win. Favored on road.
Reality: narrowest of victories. Found level of competition where leads are exchanged back and forth. Yikes.

ASU
Expectation: avoid another blow-out loss
Reality: Turnovers killed buffs. Defense played tough, took out Devil's QB. CU offense had more yards than ASU. Trace of Folsom Magic in the air. Progress

Hawaii
Expectation: another must win.
Reality: 1H offense was as exciting as 2H offense was painful. D keeps warriors out of EZ and covers spread.

Expectation for style points going forward.
Offense plays a complete game, doesn't turtle in Q3 and 2h. Offense puts over 28 pts on board.

Still dread Oregon blowout.
Stay within 2 scores of P12 of opponents.
Beat 1-2 conference opponents.

Know CU turned the corner with:
Signature win.
Bowl eligibility

Because the OP stated that the current staff "sucks," and because Embree surely would have lost this game in comparison.

Because the OP stated that the current staff "sucks," and because Embree surely would have lost this game in comparison.

Many fans here have complained about our OC and DC but no matter, hopefully they beat cal and my post will be torn apart.

We need to be realistic here. CU is a dumpster fire. It's gonna take years to get back to respectability.

We need to be realistic here. CU is a dumpster fire. It's gonna take years to get back to respectability.

If ever....how is that for realism? We could be permanently relegated to the dregs.....I don't think so, but it is possible.

Back