What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

You have just witnessed CU's last win of 2014...

I thought tante and surveyor were the only ones who negrepped? You sure you want to be a part of that crew?

I thought it was less about who neg repped and who got neg repped. Why are trolls immune to negreppery??

840030_la_troll_norway.jpg

This thread topic is depressing as F***. Literally moments after the game ended.... holy hell.

Key Points from this weekend:
1) The Buffs are at 2-2.
2) We've won the two of three games that we should have won and have made dramatic improvements on the defensive side of the ball from week 1 to week 4. I think week 3 Buffs beat CSU in game 1, but obviously we can't go back and replay that game.
3) Nelson Spruce is one of the top receivers in the PAC-12. Shay Fields ain't too shabby either.
4) Our DB's are playing well
5) We won, and the players, fans, and coaches are disappointed in how we won. This is a huge change in mentality from two seasons ago to now.
6) We got a commitment from an exciting athlete because of the win
7) We didn't give up a TD... and were without Addison for the majority of this game.
8) I repeat, the defense didn't give up a TD for the first time in 4 seasons.
9) We held Hawaii to under 300 yards offense.
10) Hawaii had the ball in the redzone 3 times and only came away with 9 points as opposed to 21.

I am obviously worried about the lack of a running game; the OL not getting a push, and the fact that we didn't score any points in the 2nd half. We took a lead in this game late in the first and held onto it for the remaining 3 quarters. We're young and I think this team is playing to their competition; thus the reason that we've been in every game that we've played this year.

#5 is so true. It is a big change.

tl;dr

But when CU wins again we all are going to neg rep the **** out of syko, right?

You have to just understand Syko. Not neg rep. Syko is the original Buff fan, Airborne trooper, and Emo tied up in one hot mess. But loyal and passionate about our Buffs, so all is acceptable.

Can't say he was ever wrong about that. Been a long time since we had quality across the DL and quality backups. Recruiting there might finally be slightly improving with solid, if not spectacular players.

Can't say he was ever wrong about that. Been a long time since we had quality across the DL and quality backups. Recruiting there might finally be slightly improving with solid, if not spectacular players.

One of the big reasons I was expecting syko to be happy right now... we have so many linemen committed that it's hard to figure out what we're going to do with all these guys.

One of the big reasons I was expecting syko to be happy right now... we have so many linemen committed that it's hard to figure out what we're going to do with all these guys.

Syko has been a dedicated fan for a long, long time through a huge amount of disappointments.

Might be that he has just forgotten how to enjoy a little sunshine after such a long stretch of gloom. Don't think he's the only one if that is true.

Count me as one who thinks Syko is as good as a fan as there is. Sure, he'll unload on you at times, but his heart is in the right place.

You have to just understand Syko. Not neg rep. Syko is the original Buff fan, Airborne trooper, and Emo tied up in one hot mess. But loyal and passionate about our Buffs, so all is acceptable.

You got that "one hot mess" part too right!!! He's always stationed too close to the artillery, makes him a little edgy......

Time for me to get in on this fun-this team will win another game, maybe two. One of the glaring issues with this bunch has been the inconsistency in the first four games. With some exceptions, they have played up to their competition (three quarters against ASU) and down to it (stretches Saturday, and the first, second, and fourth quarters against Umass). Outside of the Ducks, nobody is perfect.

Time for me to get in on this fun-this team will win another game, maybe two. One of the glaring issues with this bunch has been the inconsistency in the first four games. With some exceptions, they have played up to their competition (three quarters against ASU) and down to it (stretches Saturday, and the first, second, and fourth quarters against Umass). Outside of the Ducks, nobody is perfect.

The Pirate exposed the Quackers; they didn't look too perfect against Wazzu.

After watching us almost lose to UMass and stumble through the Hawaii game you had reason to make the OP.

What is frustrating is that we have gotten so much better in multiple areas of the game but haven't gotten the most important one which if figuring out how to turn it into a win.

We still might get a win but it is going to involve one of our opponents having a bad game against us.

It's not in small part because every single team in our conference would beat every team on our OOC, probably by a lot.

Back