What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Young Cornhusker Squad

PAC MAN

Tekken Masher.
Club Member
http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=211770391

Youth Dominates NU Roster

Nebraska's 135-player roster features 50 newcomers who were not on last year's roster, including 38 true freshmen and 12 transfers (6 junior college transfers, 4 FBS transfers and 2 FCS transfers).

• Nearly two-thirds of the squad is comprised of underclassmen, as 89 of the Huskers’ 135 players are either freshmen or sophomores.

• Of the 25 players on the offensive depth chart, 16 are underclassmen and seven are newcomers.

• Of the 27 players on the defensive depth chart, 11 are underclassmen and six are newcomers.

How do you have 38 true freshmen when you’re limited to 25 scholarships per year?

How do you have 38 true freshmen when you’re limited to 25 scholarships per year?
Notice that their roster is 135 players, not 85 players. I really don't care what graduating class all of those 50 walk-ons are in. There may be about 20 who were invited/recruited and are relevant to the depth charts.

We have been at where Nebraska is right now when it comes to the roster make up.

UCF 2016 roster: http://ucfknights.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=34100&SPID=181613&SPSID=1115429&KEY=&Q_SEASON=2016

25 True Freshmen
5 Redshirt Freshmen
12 True Sophs
20 Redshirt Sophs
62 total underclassmen
6 True Juniors
19 Redshirt Juniors
8 True Seniors
16 Redshirt Seniors
49 total upperclassmen

UCF 2017 roster: http://ucfknights.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=34100&SPID=181613&SPSID=1115429&KEY=&Q_SEASON=2017

40 True Freshmen
19 Redshirt Freshmen
9 True Sophmores
8 Redshirt Sophmores
74 total underclassmen
12 True Juniors
18 Redshirt Juniors
7 True Seniors
14 Redshirt Seniors
51 total upperclassmen

Nebraska 2018 roster break-down

38 True Freshmen
23 Redshirt Freshmen
30 Sophmores
91 Total underclassmen
29 Juniors
19 Seniors
48 total upperclassmen

Nebraska Depth Chart: https://www.huskermax.com/nebraska-football-depth-chart/

27 upperclassmen listed out of 53 listed players.(11 offense, 16 defense)...about half.
List of transfers on the depth chart:

14 Tre Neal UCF
23 Antonio Reed Ole Miss
25 Greg Bill JUCO
3 Will Honas JUCO
19 Mike Williams JUCO & Georgia Southern
88 Jaryon Woodward JUCO
41 Denontai Williams JUCO

Seven transfers listed on the depth chart if I'm not missing anyone. Six are upperclassmen. You might as well count Tre Neal as some sort of returning player since he played under Frost at UCF so he's familiar with what Frost wants to do.

We have been at where Nebraska is right now when it comes to the roster make up.

UCF 2016 roster: http://ucfknights.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=34100&SPID=181613&SPSID=1115429&KEY=&Q_SEASON=2016

25 True Freshmen
5 Redshirt Freshmen
12 True Sophs
20 Redshirt Sophs
62 total underclassmen
6 True Juniors
19 Redshirt Juniors
8 True Seniors
16 Redshirt Seniors
49 total upperclassmen

UCF 2017 roster: http://ucfknights.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=34100&SPID=181613&SPSID=1115429&KEY=&Q_SEASON=2017

40 True Freshmen
19 Redshirt Freshmen
9 True Sophmores
8 Redshirt Sophmores
74 total underclassmen
12 True Juniors
18 Redshirt Juniors
7 True Seniors
14 Redshirt Seniors
51 total upperclassmen

Nebraska 2018 roster break-down

38 True Freshmen
23 Redshirt Freshmen
30 Sophmores
91 Total underclassmen
29 Juniors
19 Seniors
48 total upperclassmen

Nebraska Depth Chart: https://www.huskermax.com/nebraska-football-depth-chart/

27 upperclassmen listed out of 53 listed players.(11 offense, 16 defense)...about half.
List of transfers on the depth chart:

14 Tre Neal UCF
23 Antonio Reed Ole Miss
25 Greg Bill JUCO
3 Will Honas JUCO
19 Mike Williams JUCO & Georgia Southern
88 Jaryon Woodward JUCO
41 Denontai Williams JUCO

Seven transfers listed on the depth chart if I'm not missing anyone. Six are upperclassmen.

Upperclassmen number is about the same throughout. Just because a bunch of freshmen who played small school football in NE high schools and want to be part of the program are allowed to try out and hold blocking dummies as walk-ons does not mean they have a young team.

Take a look at depth chart they release showing returning starts. More telling of possible capabilities.

Although someone once said “just cause they are a returning starter doesn’t make them any good”.

Upperclassmen number is about the same throughout. Just because a bunch of freshmen who played small school football in NE high schools and want to be part of the program are allowed to try out and hold blocking dummies as walk-ons does not mean they have a young team.

Right. The numbers that Frost has this year isn't much different from his first season at Central Florida.

Take a look at depth chart they release showing returning starts. More telling of possible capabilities.

Although someone once said “just cause they are a returning starter doesn’t make them any good”.

Or a good fit for what Frost wants to do and probably a Riley recruit.

giphy.gif

images

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I think Martinez is probably pretty good and he’s in a system that can also be really good. I’m a little nervous about his playmaking ability as well as our ability to stop it.

That said, I do think it’s worth remembering that he was the QB commit of the sinking ship that was Butch Jones at Tennessee. If he ended up at Tennessee, and we had them on our schedule, I don’t think anyone would be that scared of him no matter what his recruit rating was. He needed an out and Frost needed a QB. It’s not like they took JT Daniels from USC.

I remember that a that Arizona QB came in with no prep last season and ran for 300+ yards.

Our defense needs to be ready for a running attack QB. Period. We weren't last year. Martinez needs to be taken seriously until you know what he can do.

I remember that a that Arizona QB came in with no prep last season and ran for 300+ yards.

Our defense needs to be ready for a running attack QB. Period. We weren't last year. Martinez needs to be taken seriously until you know what he can do.
Good point

This game shall provide a good measuring stick for MacIntyre and his coaching staff when it comes to assessing their ability to make in-game adjustments. This would be specially true if CU has to play from behind.

Starting with a bad scheme and being too inflexible would be evident.

I would hope the program learned something from the UofA game.

A loss at Nebraska would be a pretty good indicator that Frost is the better coach. The opposite is not true because Frost is playing with a good number of Riley’s people. MacIntyre in year 6 represents exactly who he is.

Tate played in 7 games with one start in 2016. He was ready.

Back