What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Your Buff Club Priority Ranking?

lets just get rid of that damm game at invesco!.. i go from the 40 yardline 30 rows up to 5th level at the goal line!....someone in the office doesnt like me too much!

I am not sure that is the case on paper I have more than enough points to be down there, and like your dad have nice seats in folsom, but I too get stuck in the nose bleeds too. For some reason i think that you have to pay to upgrade to get down there.

this...my ranking is 313 and i still get stuck in the 5th level

I am not sure that is the case on paper I have more than enough points to be down there, and like your dad have nice seats in folsom, but I too get stuck in the nose bleeds too. For some reason i think that you have to pay to upgrade to get down there.

But when he would call the ticket office and ask why he's in the 5th level, they would tell him it was because his priority points were not high enough. They would never mention $$. That's why I think they play with it and are not straightforward about it.

Unless you have club seats at Folsom you are assigned the 5th level for SA. You have to pay to upgrade to a better seat. It is all spelled out in the ticket renewal pack.

Unless you have club seats at Folsom you are assigned the 5th level for SA. You have to pay to upgrade to a better seat. It is all spelled out in the ticket renewal pack.

If that is true, the ticket office needs to do a much better job of explaining it to season ticket holders.

They need to kill that ****ing game. It just blows.

If that is true, the ticket office needs to do a much better job of explaining it to season ticket holders.

I agree with the need for a stronger explanation. Now that I think about it, and relook at the statement, it's possible they take the ticket related points away if you fail to re-up.

They do make it clear points are not transferable within a family.

Has anyone made Coach Mac the Duece aware of the desire to beat CSU by 50 every year so we don't have to hear the sheep bleat for another year?

I agree with the need for a stronger explanation. Now that I think about it, and relook at the statement, it's possible they take the ticket related points away if you fail to re-up.

They do take the points away if you fail to reup your season tickets.

Yeah, all those points are long gone as my dad dropped his tickets in 2010.

6,124 :thumbsup:

I wonder who #1 is? An old ****er, I'll bet. A rich old ****er.

I don't really like to talk about my flair.

ricflair_display_image.jpg

This is by far one of the most effed up policies I can think of. My Dad isn't going to be around forever. What happens if he's gone? Am I not able to buy the same seats I've sat in for the last 40 years? Do I not get the same parking pass? It's beyond ridiculous. They need to be encouraging multi-generational loyalty, not throwing it away.

This is by far one of the most effed up policies I can think of. My Dad isn't going to be around forever. What happens if he's gone? Am I not able to buy the same seats I've sat in for the last 40 years? Do I not get the same parking pass? It's beyond ridiculous. They need to be encouraging multi-generational loyalty, not throwing it away.
I don't recall where I saw it, but I'm pretty sure that the seats can be transferred. No idea about parking though but I'd assume it could also be transferred. And then minimum donation levels would have to met, assuming they aren't already...

Points and tickets are two different things. Call the ticket office and see what can be arranged. Maybe your dad and you authorize that the payment and address is changed to your mailing address, effectively transferring responsibility to you. Who cares if you lose the priority points if you still get to keep the seats?

Points and tickets are two different things. Call the ticket office and see what can be arranged. Maybe your dad and you authorize that the payment and address is changed to your mailing address, effectively transferring responsibility to you. Who cares if you lose the priority points if you still get to keep the seats?
Better yet, change all the contact information to you right now. Address, phone, email, everything. Then, when the very sad day comes to say goodbye, simply fail to notify the ticket office and continue on as if nothing has happened, keep the points, keep the tickets, keep the parking...

If this policy is the case then you are right. I go watch a game in Baton Rouge every year w/ a buddy who's family has four sets of tix that have been in the family for generations. They seriously encourage, and get, multi-generational support.

202. Whats pathetic is that 7 other pac 12 institutions id probably be 3000 at best. Whats even sadder is that we only have about 10000 total. This is a good thread and i hope sheds light on why we are were we are. Buying season tickets is great but donations above and beyond seat taxes build facilities and consistently competitive programs

Tickets and parking can be transferred but you will have to pay the required donation. Franklin field is 1000 and is going to go up substantially plus 120.00 for the season. Good seats are at least 300 per seat plus the ticket and will also increase. To sit 50 yard line and pay less than 1000 is unheard of at big programs. Texas USC etc are many times that before the price of tickets

Another good reason why the priority point system kinda blows.....doesn't matter if you have 6 season tickets or 1 season ticket to your account, you will only get the same 5 points for being a season ticket holder in consecutive years.

While the priority point system is a cool idea on the surface, it doesn't exactly reward those that support all the teams through attendance & ticket purchases

That actually isnt true. You get points for each athletic team you hhabe tickets for. You get more points for more tickets. However, tickets only help offset the cost of running the facilities so they dont get or deserve a lot of points. Required seat donations are required so they dont get a lot. They also again only help offset costs. Non required donations are what they live and die by. They therefore get you the most points. Go to donor net and it is all spelled out. Its actually a very good system used by the powerhouses we aspire to be. We need donations not just people who pay te minimum to own their seats. Even if it is for 35 years. Give an extra 250 a year above required donations and those points will jump fast. Give 2500 and things really will start moving. Get 100 people to do it and we will make some more progress on facilities. I think we will continue to see growth in donations under bohn and i hope and think coach macintyre will only help improve this

I've been reading chatter that Solich will match whatever the fanbase raises. If that is true... we're f'ed. There's no way we raise over $10mil unless other top donors step up with million dollar donations

Better yet, change all the contact information to you right now. Address, phone, email, everything. Then, when the very sad day comes to say goodbye, simply fail to notify the ticket office and continue on as if nothing has happened, keep the points, keep the tickets, keep the parking...

This plan. I like it. Much the same way I like the way you think.

This plan. I like it. Much the same way I like the way you think.

When Little Miss Sacky pulls this manoever with you thirty years from now, your 115 year old dad will have some serious priority points.

My point total is pathetic. I quit buying WBB tickets when they didn't fire KMM when I thought they should. There went the points. I will be buying volleyball tickets for the points--although it doesn't look like it does me any good for 5 years.

There was a time when WBB was figured separately from the other sports. I was in the top 10. Still think they should do this on a sport by sport basis when it comes to allocating NCAA tickets. Last time we hosted, I found myself in an absolutely horrible seat. Probably will happen the same way in March. Fans who have never attended a game want to suddenly support the team.

we def have to put our $ where are mouths are... i just donated $500 measly bucks and moved up from like 3300 to 2850... not that i care a whole lot about this but it shows how (myself included) low our donations really are. my son who is an oregon grad has 2 season tickets at the 20 yd line and has to donate $1000 per ticket.. and he pays parking of $50 a game and donates another 2000 a year and ranks like 8700 on oregons list... i encourage everyone to give a little extra!..100 bucks whatever!!!!...lets do it guys!!

3197/9277

After 13 straight seasons of being a season ticket holder.

ive had 6 fb season tickets for 7 years with a $300 donation per seat and im behind you by a 100 spots

4,788 - Just made about 90% of my total donation in the last month when they fired Embree (Felt it was right after my Emails to Bohn). It's frightening that 1 donation jumped me close to 5,000 spots.

'08 alum so I'm just getting started

Longtime sec 108 seats close to Ralphie's jaunt. Great but cheaper... 2582/9277 Should probably be higher but I have not made a major capital contribution to date. I am ready to do so with a solid plan of action. Used this thread as my motivation to pick up the phone...

I'm in the low 4000's which is really sad cause i don't do ****.

A season ticket holder from Philadelphia is in the low 4,000's!Pathetic!!!

I'm in the top 10% (798/9277), up from the 900's last year (I've been a season ticket holder for ... well, a long time).

Thing is ... I'd much rather not move up the list so quickly. It means that there are many fans - good, dedicated fans - who are dropping off or reducing contributions.

Looks like it is not hard to get into the top 1000. I am well above that and I do not donate heavy dollars.

Umm... 6000 Ish. Moving up fast tho.

this...my ranking is 313 and i still get stuck in the 5th level

2617 after having our tickets for 35 years in the family.

6,124 :thumbsup:

202. Whats pathetic is that 7 other pac 12 institutions id probably be 3000 at best. Whats even sadder is that we only have about 10000 total. This is a good thread and i hope sheds light on why we are were we are. Buying season tickets is great but donations above and beyond seat taxes build facilities and consistently competitive programs

My point total is pathetic. I quit buying WBB tickets when they didn't fire KMM when I thought they should. There went the points. I will be buying volleyball tickets for the points--although it doesn't look like it does me any good for 5 years.

There was a time when WBB was figured separately from the other sports. I was in the top 10. Still think they should do this on a sport by sport basis when it comes to allocating NCAA tickets.

we def have to put our $ where are mouths are... i just donated $500 measly bucks and moved up from like 3300 to 2850... not that i care a whole lot about this but it shows how (myself included) low our donations really are. my son who is an oregon grad has 2 season tickets at the 20 yd line and has to donate $1000 per ticket.. and he pays parking of $50 a game and donates another 2000 a year and ranks like 8700 on oregons list... i encourage everyone to give a little extra!..100 bucks whatever!!!!...lets do it guys!!

I give credit to the athletic department for sending out priority point rankings and also providing a calculator on the website that helps buff fans figure out where the individuals and the collective Buff Nation stands. This piece of information is a positive step towards building a donor culture.

The release of this in combination with Internet message boards creates some fascinating and perhaps disappointing data data. There are less than 10K accounts and Bohn says there are about 6,000 active Buff Club members. The membership numbers are paltry, given where we need to go. If this group were to raise $10M, that's $1,700 each. The number of Buff Club members needs to double and then double again.

The cost of entering the top 10% is relatively low. A $5,000 donation would shoot somebody to the top really quickly.

The addition of the lifetime giving amount on the statement is startling. Are you really donating as much as you think you are?

The bottom half appear to be made up of token season ticket holders that do not appear to make additional contributions beyond required seat donations. This segment, en mass, is every bit as important as the big shooters.

This thread substantiates the story that CU fans have champaign taste on a beer budget. Boulder has the reputation for being affluent. A degree from CU considered to be valuable for gaining a high salary job. These priority points display that the Boulder community and the alumni base are not exceedingly generous when it comes to CU athletics.

The dialog is healthy, though. We see that many Allbuffs readers are Buff Club members. I am an OOS Buff and I started buying my season tickets after becoming an Allbuffs member. I am not alone. I was glad to see my donation for the MBB ABQ trip itemized. This donation would not have happened without the promotion by Allbuffs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I only have a beer budget. I'm retired and on a fixed income. The $100 donation to the women's basketball excellence fund is all I can afford each year. They are lucky to get that from me. When I was working, I did donate more.

Back