What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Your dominant post-game emotion

Post-game, how'd you feel?

• Run of the mill CU-fan anger

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Extreme anger

Votes: 18 16.8%
  • apathy

Votes: 27 25.2%
  • at peace

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • nancy kerrigan "why me?!"

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • frustration

Votes: 37 34.6%
  • denial

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • other (explain)

Votes: 7 6.5%

• Total voters
Originally Posted by unbiasedtruth

so you reaching down in your pants and feeling yourself up......

You gotta admit ... you gave him a hanging curveball on that one. :lol:

Why is he here? CU left the land thieves and the Bootlegger's Boys.

Tini, you should petition Embree to let you give the pre-game speech next week...I've never seen one person piss off everyone in the room as quickly and effortlessly as you. Might as well get something positive out of you.

Tini, you should petition Embree to let you give the pre-game speech next week...I've never seen one person piss off everyone in the room as quickly and effortlessly as you. Might as well get something positive out of you.
Just imagine what I could do if I actually tried at pissing people off...

Didn't see the game, but saw the score, recap, and talked to some friends about it.

First, I think it is telling that I've missed two cu games already this year (csu -backpacking trip, and wsu - bluegrass festival). I'm a pretty big fan and missing games has not really been my mo in years past. But this year, I figure I'm not really missing that much. I still spent a boatload to get out to osu and will be hitting up the stanford game next weekend tho...

Second, my emotion after the game was more exasperation than anything else. It's almost unbelievable, but it is believable. We are so bad that it is almost funny. How can a school like CU be so bad at football?

Just imagine what I could do if I actually tried at pissing people off...

Are you really still posting on the interwebs at 11 pm on Saturday when you're in college? Nobody will invite you to a party, eh? I'm shocked...

Are you really still posting on the interwebs at 11 pm on Saturday when you're in college? Nobody will invite you to a party, eh? I'm shocked...
Just gettin smashed and playin BF3 with my roommates. Too depressed to go out.

It has to be frustration. As much as I'd love to just say "oh, whatever, i'll just tune out of for a couple years and see if they can improve themselves by 2013". This absolutely stings. Not only are we bad, but we're REALLY bad. Losing to Wazzu at home is disastrous. It's hard to see recruiting to get where it needs to be, and it's hard to see what it will ever take for the culture of this program to change and get back to the point where the Buffs EXPECT to win, no matter who they play, home or away. I'll always be a Buff fan, but this is just absolutely painful to behold. It genuinely hurts to see our Buffs as a complete doormat/laughingstock. As fans, however, we've got just keep on plugging and supporting these guys. Let's find someway, somehow, to still win a few more this year and maybe finally establish something to actually build on.

I was at the hunting camp and called Direct TV right before kickoff when I realized the club president failed to order the sports pack per my request for the upcoming hunting season. Direct TV gave me a price of 7.99 a month for 3 months which is all I needed anyhow. I threw my $24 at the club president and sat down to watch the game. Dove season opened yesterday at 12pm and I sat inside and waited until I started to hear gunfire from across the field. So I went outside and sat for a bit, not too many birds and when I did see one I was too drunk to hit them anyhow. So back and forth I went sit for 20 minutes then go back inside to watch the game. With 4 minutes left and a 10 point lead I decided to watch the conclusion and celebrate our first PAC 12 victory. Then I had a moment of dejavu and thought Dan Hawkins was back on the field as we piddled around and wasted the win. I threw my hat down in disgust went back outside to listen to all the ribbing from the Bammer fans who outnumbered me 14-1 and went back to my hay bail when a dove flew right in front of me. I quickly reached for my 12 gauge and blasted that son of a bitch with one shot.........

Other: Realization of how bad things really are and will be for the immediate future.

I've officially hit the "apathy" stage for the 1st time.....I HATE that it has come to that, as I've typically been angry as hell, or frustrated as hell or something that showed I was just painfully hurt because I cared so much.

BUT everything that has led to this loss and I'm starting to lose that fire.....I still love this team, this university, etc......but I think I've hit the point where it's expected that we'll pull the **** like we pulled yesterday and find a way to lose every game and it's no longer fun to me. Until this team shows me they care, I'll have a hard time believing and showing the same emotions myself.

Very much thinking about not leaving the tailgate for the next 3 home games....and most certainly going to be doing something else other than watching the game's for the away slaughters

Not really surprised. At the time it was very discouraging - blowing another lead in a very winnable game, but today it's not really surprising. CU took a huge chance on hiring coaches with no experience in their roles - head coach Embree and OC Bienemy. We all have to expect the on-the-job training mistakes and inexperience to bite the Buffs, and hope they improve fast enough to right the sinking ship.

This team continues to make the same mistakes over and over and has shown no real improvement since the CSU game. The team has blown two of the most winnable games on the schedule, and while Embree says he won't call out specific players, he is putting it on them. Saying "it's on me" to start a sentence doesn't undue the rest of his comments. He really has no idea how turn this thing around. This staff's NFL experience doesn't seem to have done much to finish and win the two of the most winnable games on this year's schedule.

The injury situation is also something that this coaching staff has to adjust to, and hopefully learn from. Is going live in practice and trying to be the most physical team in college football adding to the injuries? Is this a good approach when everyone knows the talent level and more importantly the depth, can't afford to lose the number of starters they have so far? Injuries are part of the game, but what we’ve seen so far is ridiculous. Are his NFL techniques, including his strength and conditioning program suited for 18-22 year old college men who haven't matured like the physical specimens that dominate NFL rosters? This is college football and I'm not convinced his NFL approach is suited for this team, at this time.

Frustration.

I re-booked a flight so I could watch the Stanford game on Saturday :bang:... I'm now dreading that decision.

Complete full on depression with a healthy dose of apathy, mostly depression. :violin:

I was at the hunting camp and called Direct TV right before kickoff when I realized the club president failed to order the sports pack per my request for the upcoming hunting season. Direct TV gave me a price of 7.99 a month for 3 months which is all I needed anyhow. I threw my $24 at the club president and sat down to watch the game. Dove season opened yesterday at 12pm and I sat inside and waited until I started to hear gunfire from across the field. So I went outside and sat for a bit, not too many birds and when I did see one I was too drunk to hit them anyhow. So back and forth I went sit for 20 minutes then go back inside to watch the game. With 4 minutes left and a 10 point lead I decided to watch the conclusion and celebrate our first PAC 12 victory. Then I had a moment of dejavu and thought Dan Hawkins was back on the field as we piddled around and wasted the win. I threw my hat down in disgust went back outside to listen to all the ribbing from the Bammer fans who outnumbered me 14-1 and went back to my hay bail when a dove flew right in front of me. I quickly reached for my 12 gauge and blasted that son of a bitch with one shot.........

Nice.

I knew we were going to lose that game, until we found ourselves up 10 with 4 minutes left. Then I was happy, before the gods shat on my heart and screamed, "You're not allowed to be happy!" and then they made us lose.

Once we missed on that 3rd down I knew we would lose. But, what pisses me off is the "players" in the stands literally sat down the entire game and didn't cheer once. Will Jefferson got in a shouting match with a student who was pissed we lost. All Will could say was they go out and practice everyday and do their best. Gold stars for everyone yay! And that is the exact reason we suck.... just trying is good enough.

Once we missed on that 3rd down I knew we would lose. But, what pisses me off is the "players" in the stands literally sat down the entire game and didn't cheer once. Will Jefferson got in a shouting match with a student who was pissed we lost. All Will could say was they go out and practice everyday and do their best. Gold stars for everyone yay! And that is the exact reason we suck.... just trying is good enough.

What players in the stands?

Mens basketball players, wbb, volleyball. They have a section front row 30 yard line and about ten show up and play with themselves in silence the entire game

It sucks that they have to sit in their own little section.

Disbelief - with a vacant mind (unwilling to believe what I saw or try to understand it) I cleaned much of the house.

Back