What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Your favorite colorado vs nebraska memories

1986 - Without this game, no national title in 1990. Ended 17 year losing streak to the Corn. Coach Mac: "Men, this is as sweet as it gets!" ... http://www.cuatthegame.com/1986/3-nebraska-20-10-the-mother-of-all-games/

2001 - 62-36. Started 21-0 in first ten minutes. Never lost the smile on my face ... http://www.cuatthegame.com/2001/2-nebraska-62-36-in-case-you-missed-it-that-was-62-36/

1989 - "CU in Miami!" - the pitch from Hagan to Flannigan one of the most memorable plays in CU history ... http://www.cuatthegame.com/1989/3-nebraska-cu-in-miami/

1990 - Bieniemy Goes for four fourth quarter touchdowns. Buffs come back from 1-1-1 to national title contenders ... http://www.cuatthegame.com/1990/cu-vs-nebraska-nov-3-1990/

Nailed it with all 4 of those - of the 4, the pitch to JJ has my vote (one of the best live sports moments of my life).

There's not enough love for the '91 tie. That was a fun/great/cold game. The Greg Biekert blocked PAT return for 2? Gold.

@the classiest fans in college football. Really? We can't enjoy the wins we've had or discuss them without you ****ting all over the thread?

Seriously, how small are your dicks, that you have to run over and remind us of the all time record and spout how our program will never be what yours is?

I thought you were better than those other husker trolls, Mark. Guess I was wrong.

The 1990 game - my first roadie out of the state of Colorado.
And yes, we don't live in Lincoln. I can still feel the wet Astroturf of memorial stadium under my feet during the post game field rush.

Chris "6 Touchdown" Brown's 2001 performance is unforgettable. Even if the husker linebackers had lined up facing the other direction to get a head start, they still wouldn't have caught him.

It was a great moment this past June when the series was dissolved. Good riddance.

There's not enough love for the '91 tie. That was a fun/great/cold game. The Greg Biekert blocked PAT return for 2? Gold.

@the classiest fans in college football. Really? We can't enjoy the wins we've had or discuss them without you ****ting all over the thread?

Seriously, how small are your dicks, that you have to run over and remind us of the all time record and spout how our program will never be what yours is?

I thought you were better than those other husker trolls, Mark. Guess I was wrong.

Good post. I just neg rep them telling them to go **** their mother/cousin, but I think this is a better approach.

88 as pretty good as well. Solid Defensive game on both sides. JJ was running straight at me in the North Endzone when he dropped the pig. Unbelievable.

Not my favorite as far as the outcome, but one of my favorite road trips. Like you said, great D by both teams. But I can still can see JJ running through a HUGE hole, with no one between him at paydirt, only to put the rock on the carpet. Before Hawk made it common place, it used to be a special game because it was the last time we were shut out.

Guess turn about is fair play after my brother (student at UNL) made the roadie to Boulder for the 86 game. They sure seemed in a hurry to get back to school.

I always think of that game when I think CU-NU. Biekert dodging in and out of traffic running back the PAT for 2. Blocked FG on the last play of the game to save the tie. Good stuff.

I think it was in '95 when Ralphie ran before the game. Coming down the Fusker sideline and some tool Fusker player thought he'd be a tough guy and stare down Ralphie. He was a few yards onto the field just standing there playing chicken thinking Ralphie was gonna move. Right. Ralphie was maybe 5-10 yards away when the dip$hit had to dive back toward the bench or be killed. The whole crowd just gave it to him. Hilarious. (sadly they beat our ass that day, but that was funny.) As for a game the '89 one was a classic. #2 vs #3 in a very hard fought game.

I'd have to say the 2008 game was pretty crazy. It was so damn close and Henery came through with the longest field goal in school history 57 yards to help pull past you guys. Then Suh picked off Cody for a TD, that game was closer than it should've been, but that's what's fun about this game. Either team can take the other out especially in the past 10 years or so.

Gonna miss these days in a way.

:lol:

Mine By far is 62-36...but one thing I remember from a long time ago was a name. One of my favorite all time names was a Husker...I. M. Hipp

I was in Freaking CLEVELAND at my brother-in-law's for 62-36. But 1989 was a religious experience when the crowd rushed the field. still get chills when I see it. Got picked up, carried a short way then dropped. still, it was a blast.

I'd have to say the 2008 game was pretty crazy. It was so damn close and Henery came through with the longest field goal in school history 57 yards to help pull past you guys. Then Suh picked off Cody for a TD, that game was closer than it should've been, but that's what's fun about this game. Either team can take the other out especially in the past 10 years or so.

Gonna miss these days in a way.
I hated the outcome, but that was a good game.
Hopefully Cody won't throw anymore TD passes to your D-linemen.

'89 - got to watch the game from field level. Came down the the last play. What a year!!!
'86 - Freshman year. Didn't understand the significance of this game going in but it was the hook that made me a buff fan for life.
2001 - The big bad #2 ranked Fuskers spanked like a 4 year old at Kmart. The loss that started the crash of the corn nation.
'90 - Windy, wet and cold as ****! True buffalo heart on display.

Are you really going to miss this?

2001 will always be my favorite. But I'll never forget 1991, as a 6 year old, how bitter cold it was. It was so miserable, my dad, myself and my 4 year old cousin left at halftime and watched the rest of the game from the bowling alley that used to be on 30th where the Best Buy is now. I vividly remember seeing the blocked extra point and return on some crappy TV at that bowling alley.

I've seen CU play 8 times going to be 9 (2 losses). When I see them win they pretty much win handily, 94 badger rape day when I was 4, 04 corn, 05 Texas A&M, 08 K-State (Tyler Hansen debut), 09 kansas, and this year UGA. I've seen two games CU v NU both at Memorial-2004 and 2008. Thank god CU jumped ahead in both those games and shut the fans up around us pretty quick. But Hawk to Grier 2nd play for TD was awesome, and when Sumler scored later, I could not help but shout "BO KNOWS DEFENSE!!!", cause those stupid shirts were all over the ****ing place that year.

Yes we do need to do something special for a proper huckster send off. I have many fond memories of huckster achievements and not all are even Buff related.

So without further adieu the F.I.M. scrapbook from the top.....

Buffs Rip Nebraska 62-36 For Big 12 North Crown

1. We cheered for the infamous 19-10 loss to Iowa State in 1992, the 9-7 loss to those Cyclones from Ames, and to the 19-0 meltdown against Arizona State in 1996 right down to the bitter end.

We watched with delight the 70-10 catasrophe against Texas Tech in 2004 and the 76-39 debacle against Kansas in 2007 right down to the bitter end.

We watched every single last glorious, thrill-inducing play of the 22-0 Orange Bowl loss to Miami in 1992.

We relished all of those losses and a whole lot more but never, not once, not ever have we savored an experience as awesome as the Day After Thanksgiving Massacre (Colorado - 62 Nebraska - 36)

2. For 35 years in a row, Nebraska had gone bowling. But in Bill Callahan’s first season, that record blew away. With a 5-5 record, the Huskers had to win at home against Colorado to keep the streak in tact. Nebraska lost 26-20.

Brown-Chris_5.jpg

And who could forget these special moments....
Huskers wrecked by Tech Nebraska 10 Texas Tech 70

From “Husker Max””: As far as the loss to Southern Mississippi being the worst Husker home loss you can recall, you must have a very short memory. What about the butt-ripping (38-9) loss to the K-State Wildcats last year at home?
Oklahoma St. hands Nebraska worst home loss since '58
USC drops Nebraska to 1-10 all-time against No. 1s
Sep 15, 2007 Lincoln, Neb. USC 49, Nebraska 31
Sep 16, 2006 Los Angeles, Calif. USC Trojans 28, Nebraska 10

PH2007091600033.jpg4c52ef8645fe6.preview-300.jpg9083261_550x550_mb_art_R0.jpg

How about this special treasure....
Nebraska’s Niles Paul says he was taunted by Husker fans after loss

crying_baby.jpg

or "THE STREAK"!

Awesome streak
1993 Orange Florida State L 16-18
1992 Orange Florida State L 14-27