What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Your level of support for Mike Bohn

Folsom Project 2012

• Bohn is the man for the job regardless of what happens here

Votes: 22 21.8%
  • Bohn is NOT the man for the job regardless of what happens here

Votes: 18 17.8%
  • It all depends on this project

Votes: 61 60.4%

• Total voters
Realistically, I doubt many people expect Bohn to be fired anytime soon. However, Benson is likely departing in the next 12-18 months. DiStephano is not going to be around forever either. The landscape could look much different come the start of the 2013-2014 school year. Now is as good a time as any to critically evaluate Bohn's job performance.

That's where I'm at.
I forward this motion and say DITTO ! I am growing tired of losing and the stated tunnel of no light - I have a 6 year old at my house and we can count the # of wins in that time on his little hands :cry:

My frustration is with the University as a whole. There seems to be no support for CU football. We are woefully behind and cannot be successful (long-term) without new facilities. Something we have needed for quite some time.

Scheduling and football coaching hires aside, Mike B seems to be doing reasonably well considering the nominal support and funding he gets from the University.

CU football is and has been a joke for coming up on a decade. My faith in a return to dominance is all but gone.

The expectations that are being set on this transformational project are, dare I say, transformational.

I can't really be frustrated with Bohn on the facilities announcement until I see more detail on what the $125 million option is. I don't like what I'm hearing so far, but who knows at this point. Expecting anyone to locate a donation 50 times or more the highest ever donation to CU FB is a bit much imo. Especially given the hole the program is in right now. now, if we start talking about doing nothing... rage shall inform my decision.

However, I can lay some serious issues at Bohn's feet: scheduling and a lack of winning attitude. Also, NO BEER. In truth, outside of the alleged facilities deal, it really seems like Bohn is starting to run on fumes and isn't learning from past mistakes. I'm seein the same mistakes in scheduling that we have seen for years. I love what he has done with teh bball program, but I question whether he has anything left to offer on that front.

In short: Bohn is a foundation guy. He's basically laid what he can at this point. Until I see him start showing signs of being the "let's take this thing to the moon" guy, my support will be tepid at best.

Realistically, I doubt many people expect Bohn to be fired anytime soon. However, Benson is likely departing in the next 12-18 months. DiStephano is not going to be around forever either. The landscape could look much different come the start of the 2013-2014 school year. Now is as good a time as any to critically evaluate Bohn's job performance.

I agree. What do we do to put the pressure on the regents to make sure Benson's replacement is pro-athletics?

Perhaps it is time for us to get organized on that letter writing campaign to the regents.

The real problems are higher than Bohn. I wont invest in this program until we have leadership that understands how imortant a successful football team is to the University. There is no commitment at the top, and football is seen as a necessary evil instead of an assett. I think Bohn has done an admirable job considering the priorities of his boss'.

This.

I really am starting to have doubts about Bohn under any circumstances. But after thinking about what's been said in this thread, I would much rather see what Bohn could do with more athletics friendly leadership than to have this leadership hiring a replacement for Bohn...

During the Pigeon fiasco, he was on my sh*t list. However, I don't think that was all his fault - at least the length of his tenure. His scheduling leaves something to be desired as well.

I like the hiring of a CMO, joining the PAC XII, the basketball teams' successes and the hiring of Embree.

Overall a solid "B" from me. If the football team can turn it around and the building project isn't a disaster, it will jump to an "A" for me.

Bohn seems to have the same commitment as the Prez/Chancellor. His expectations for this season included finding a QB and our players playing hard and together. Sounds like Hawk

That may be true; but if the higher ups are also part of the problem (which I think they are), then replacing Bohn is unlikely to produce what we all want from this program.

Seriously? No thanks. His handling of the Ohio State situation was an absolute embarrassment.

Rather have him than Benson. He at least appreciates the positive impact successful athletic programs can have as opposed to being on WSU's historical record by our conference.

The real problems are higher than Bohn. I wont invest in this program until we have leadership that understands how imortant a successful football team is to the University. There is no commitment at the top, and football is seen as a necessary evil instead of an assett. I think Bohn has done an admirable job considering the priorities of his boss'.

Yes, far greater support at the highest levels of administration are needed. I have no inside information, but it seems to me that the president may move on soon. I wish the chancellor would move on even sooner. The 5th year was almost no doubt his doing. People who are much more athletics friendly and supportive are needed for Mike Bohn to fulfill his potential and for football to flourish.

Always liked Bohn and always will, but he needs to get the Football IPF built. If not then I think it'll be time to move on.

I think he's over his head just like O'Dowd is as GM of the Rocks. Only way this guy gets any heat is if Embree is sitting with a total of 8 wins after Year 3.

Last edited:
We need a change, regardless. Mike has grown stale. To me, he is not dynamic. He's a politician but lacks charisma. Just my opinion.

Dittos! Bohn has done more with much less than any AD in the PAC 12! If he had a Phil Knight, instead of a bunch of prima donna, nervous nancies as big money donors (Boedecker, Solich, and that wuss who funded the bubble....) you all would be singing his praises 24/7/365.

As it is, he's probably the ONLY reason CU remains a D1 program, given the "cheap bast#*d" approach of our legislature, our alums and so-called "fans".

Dittos! Bohn has done more with much less than any AD in the PAC 12! If he had a Phil Knight, instead of a bunch of prima donna, nervous nancies as big money donors (Boedecker, Solich, and that wuss who funded the bubble....) you all would be singing his praises 24/7/365.

As it is, he's probably the ONLY reason CU remains a D1 program, given the "cheap bast#*d" approach of our legislature, our alums and so-called "fans".
:rolling_eyes:

I think he's over his head just like O'Dowd is as GM of the Rocks. Only way this guy gets any heat is if Embree is sitting with a total of 8 wins after Year 3.

I'll go along with anything you post, Jimmy....the day AFTER I see your name on a check for cool miilion made out to the AD. Until then, bugger off!

Having seen Bohn at an academic award event, the guy came across as a major league dolt. My support is there, but not head over heels.

Last edited:
I'll go along with anything you post, Jimmy....the day AFTER I see your name on a check for cool miilion made out to the AD. Until then, bugger off!

Yep, only million dollar donors have the right to have an opinion on the AD. Season ticket holders, Buff Club members, alumni, students, fans, and anyone else not shelling out millions should shut up and be thankful they are even allowed to watch the games.

To be fair jimmybuff could donate a million dollars and I still wouldn't value his opinion.

Nice post Mike, err, ICE.

Yep, only million dollar donors have the right to have an opinion on the AD. Season ticket holders, Buff Club members, alumni, students, fans, and anyone else not shelling out millions should shut up and be thankful they are even allowed to watch the games.

Not the point, there ratzo! The point is if you want to criticize, then back up your talk with something that will help, instead of whining! Talk is real cheap! CU alums are well-known for their historic lack of contributions. Heck, many even send their kids to OOS schools and give more to those places than they do CU and that's a fact, Jack.

Not the point, there ratzo! The point is if you want to criticize, then back up your talk with something that will help, instead of whining! Talk is real cheap! CU alums are well-known for their historic lack of contributions. Heck, many even send their kids to OOS schools and give more to those places than they do CU and that's a fact, Jack.
dude. I don't think Allbuffs is the place you should be telling CU alums that they don't contribute. In fact, this is the place where you find CU alumni that DO contribute. Perhaps you are painting with too broad a brush?

Also, this is a CU message board. If you are suggesting that the message board posters should STFU in discussing the positives and negatives of a CU related individual... that doesn't really make sense, now does it?

Btw, have you contributed a million dollars to CU? Cause if not, what you are saying is, in your own opinion, worthless because only those who have done so should be talking about CU.

One of my biggest frustrations with Bohn is that I haven't seen much progress toward creating a donor culture. The folks with million dollar donor potential are absolutely where Bohn has rightly tried to develop relationships. But I haven't seen any significant outreach to the folks who would gladly agree to handing over a credit card that the AD could hit for $10-$100 a month. You want a young alum to be get used to donating money, you have to set it up so that he/she has a level to donate at that is within his/her means. And you have to make sure that they feel that their giving is appreciated and they're receiving value for their money.

I would love the opportunity to implement that type of program. I know a few people on this message board who also have experience in this area and there's no doubt that we could make a huge impact in a short time. It's actually not that hard.

Back