What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Your ranking

No reason to change the order. The committee liked TCU the last time around and they handled ISU as easily as they should be expected to. FSU deserves to be in the show for their undefeated record, but are clearly not the best team. Of the big games, OSU beat the 2nd lowest rated team (Arizona#7, KSU#9, GT#11, Wisc#13, Mizz#16) and the B1G is the weakest conference by their own rankings. In the last ranking, SEC has 7 teams, Pac-12 6 teams (every south team but us!), B12 4 teams, ACC 4 teams, B1G 3 teams.

I think those days might be over. They´re solely ranking them based on who they think is the best team right now, early December 2014, and not playing the "but they beat team x by 28 in September, whereas team b only beat them by a field goal at the gun in November" game.

I believe Ohio State is in and the Big 12 screwed both Baylor and TCU with their Merkel-esque noncommittal stance.

Arguments can be made for all 3 teams to be in. The other three belong. There is no denying that tOSU is ascendent right now. An eight team playoff would solve some of that.

But then the B12 could get away with not having playoff.

The Big 12 should´ve appointed a champion and presented that team to the committee. Instead, they tried to play both sides, were non-commital as they didn´t want to piss off either TCU or Baylor and will hopefully get burned for that cowardly behaviour.

The Big 12 should´ve appointed a champion and presented that team to the committee. Instead, they tried to play both sides, were non-commital as they didn´t want to piss off either TCU or Baylor and will hopefully get burned for that cowardly behaviour.
:nod:.

I think they will have it this way:
Alabama
Oregon
TCU
Crab Legs

Stick with the same rankings they had last week since all teams won.

1. Florida State
2. Alabama
3. Oregon
4. Ohio State

I do not like Florida State, and they squeak through - barely - too many times. But how does the committee argue with 13-0? And 29 straight wins?

this. they won every game, they won there conference, and they made reasonable effort to plan a challenging non-conf schedule.

this. they won every game, they won there conference, and they made reasonable effort to plan a challenging non-conf schedule.

More than reasonable. Okie Lite, Notre Dame & Florida is a very strong non-conference slate. Maybe the best among P5 teams. I don't care that those programs ended up all being the definition of mediocre this year. Those are still games you have to show up for or you'll get beat. As opposed to Baylor's OOC schedule.

Ohio State is better than TCU. That was proven last night.

Oregon
Alabama
Florida State
Ohio State

Back