What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Youth

SanDiegoBuff

Club Member
Club Member
The team youth and inexperience really showed tonight. Stat wise we hung with 'em and weren't blown out of the water, just too many mistakes. Nothing that shouldn't be corrected - ESPECIALLY THE TACKLING. This was no moral victory, the team should take this and learn from it and come back stronger. It's tough to get down early like that and have to throw the ball with such a young offense.

KSU came out in a game that they HAD to win at home to have any hope and the difference in attitude really showed. It's the first time our guys have really played in an atmosphere like that. And I think we were riding a little wave of being too high. It's a tough lesson to learn, but I'd be surprised if they come out next week as flat as they did this week.

I'm disappointed because we it's another game we could have won if we could have cut down on the mistakes, another ASU and FSU. Even with the loss, regardless of what the media is going to say, we're a year ahead of where we should be and the North is still wide open.

:gobuffs:

I couldn't agree more. I'm excited that we have so many Freshman and Sophomores who are starting, and making plays, but playing so many youngsters also means you take some lumps along the way. Cody did not have a good game. The O-Line did not have a good game. What is the common denominator there.....youth. We were in this game until the 4th quarter when the wheels just came off.

But, as a card carrying member of the Sunshine Pumpers Club, all of our goals are still there for the taking. Big 12 North is still very much a possibility, and it starts by beating KU next week. So, let's knock off the unbeaten Jayhawks and get back on track!

P.S. Just got back from Canes. Thanks for the recommendation. Fun place to watch the game and it was a good CU crowd. Too bad we only got to sing the fight song a couple of times...

Right on. This is a game that we really should have been in. I thought that Cody had a very bad game, but maybe some of the credit goes to the ksu defense. I also don't think DH had his best game coaching. There were quite a few curious plays called. I do not want to bitch about the reffing, but there were a lot of calls that went against us. I don't know if the calls were right or wrong. I do know that ksu had a long punt return in the first half that started with a major league block in the back that wasn't called. I also know that, just by viewing on TiVO, there were at least two major penaltys called against us that were bogus. The only ipmact they had was to increase the differential though. We still would have lost.

I just think when KSU took that early lead our guys started to grip, lost their composure and started making mental mistakes. It was a snowball, each mistake breeding 5 more. Inexperienced players are more prone to getting rattled and that's okay. Now we just have to pull it back together and play better next week...I think we'll be fine :gobuffs:

Back