What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Zimmer: "I have never seen anything like this in my 25 years."

I guess I have always been a radio junkie and made the assumption you would know since it is clear you are a major Buff fan.

I have gotten into radio more the last few years, and only in the past month or so have i listened to some Colorado radio (CJ & Klatt). When I was in school I was distracted by the 18 year old girls running around my frat house, school, and parties.

Now after working for 4 years, I rarely see a girl between the ages of 22 and 30 wherever I go (it is a huge mystery to me where all of the girls go after college, for 10 years they dissappear completely.........) so the large majority of my free time, and time at work, is spent toiling and worrying and obsessing over sports that I have no control over.

Greg - the Zimmer is Larry Zimmer. He now does color on 850 KOA with Mark Johnson doing the play-by-play. Back in the day (can't believe I fall into this category now) "Zim" was the play-by-play guy. Hope that helps...

BTW, despite all your snot-bubble excuses above, you still don't get that shot I awarded you after the epic burrito poem.

Zimmer has always been very conservative and highly concerned with his professional image. Even with individuals he clearly dislikes he has always been every bit a gentleman and gone out of his way to avoid putting people in a negative light.

That context is why this is all the more surprising. It isn't that Zimmer is a homer, he knows who he works for but has always prided himself on not being a cheerleader. Instead he has been a guy to stick to the facts and leave the negative emotions out of things. For him to open up on Hawkins and the performance of the team in this way means that the situation is clearly beyond hope and that he sees this as going beyond opinion into the realm of factual information.

It will be interesting to hear how Hawkins responds to him on the radio show Thursday, if Hawkins responds that day. As long as Hawkins is the HC he is contractually obligated to appear and in this case he can't bail out in 27 seconds. I can't see Zimmer lowering the boom on him but I can see making Hawk a little uncomfortable. I can also see Hawk knowing that this is a posibility and trying to find a way out of the appearance.

Back