What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 CA QB Tyler Lytle (Signed to COLORADO)

All good points. I think the sudden change in heart is what has most people surprised. He made some very strong statements regarding his word upon committing and previously was one of our most active/influential recruiters, so you can't fault people for coming to these conclusions. I still really hope we land the kid, but I'm just as hopeful that we're also speaking to other people and have multiple options in place should he decide to go elsewhere.

Still contend that Bloomington is in Indiana and that sucks ass, Kyle.
What concerns me is he appeared to be looking to build a program and CU might already be built LOL! On a serious note though the kid might want to be part of an early build. IU is a great school with a great business school. He mentions the importance of a top business school in about every interview I have read.

Message from Ty himself

21-33 300 yards 3 TD's, 24 yards rushing 1 TD Team Rushing 39 hudl.com/v/sNxqX Threw two lasers 20 plus yards out into the receivers chest bobbled after catch DB grabs it from him and runs for pick 6 two times (Looks identical). Another fell in the route ball in the air, DB behinds him gets it. 3 picks on great balls. Fumbled snap into the end zone. We were down by 21 point 5 minutes into the game. We fought back and took the lead then we had a receiver fumble after catch on their 10 yard on the next drive, followed by a snap left and on the ground into the end zone on the next series. Fought back again and tied it up then they scored 7 unanswered with little over a minute left. Final score 49-42

Buffzone definitely seems to be stepping up their game when it comes to original reporting on recruiting. They used to just regurgitate whatever was already reported by Rivals or Scout. (If you're reading this Brian, it's much appreciated! (y))
http://www.buffzone.com/football-cubuffs/ci_30520047/cu-buffs-commit-tyler-lytle-will-bring-talent
Some great tidbits in there.

Lytle could also be the best quarterback prospect CU has had in years. He's got more Division I scholarship offers than the last 18 prep quarterbacks the Buffs have signed, combined.
After one game earlier this year, the referee told (Servite head coach) Meyer, "I really like your quarterback(Lytle), and not just the way he plays, but the stuff he was saying in the huddle; just very confident and making the guys around him feel confident."

Great article. Looking forward to seeing Tyler in the black and gold. I wa going to say he's going to be a great Buff...but he's already a great Buff.

Highlights vs Santa Margarita (Yes we've offered the WR at 0:35)

Servite made the playoffs and faces 10-0 Mission Viejo on Friday night.

Hadn't seen it mentioned that Lytle confirmed he's going to be an early enrollee according to a note at the end of this Moretti story.
http://www.buffzone.com/football-cubuffs/ci_30581579/pomonas-jake-moretti-commits-cu-buffs

Early enrollment for a QB is huge. Getting that extra spring practice in changes the entire process since they get to be comfortable with the offense before summer camp. In season the coaches don't have a lot of time to work with a RS QB so having that understanding lets them learn more through the season.

Early enrollment for a QB is huge. Getting that extra spring practice in changes the entire process since they get to be comfortable with the offense before summer camp. In season the coaches don't have a lot of time to work with a RS QB so having that understanding lets them learn more through the season.
Definitely. Also nice not to have to wait until February to know he's an official Buff.

Lets not discredit the youngsters we have on the line right now. Some pretty good 1st and 2nd year players.

I was going to write something similar but figured it would incite the recruiting-is-everything crowd. At OL, we are in pretty good shape for a long time. OL guys are developed and we got some really good talent that came in a bit undersized, but they've made up that ground quickly. The young guys in this class aren't going to walk in and just be ahead of them (with the exception of perhaps one guy). They are going to have to develop a lot and we will know in about 2019 how that is going, at the earliest. This is from Coach Adams' mouth. A lot of good talent to work with.

I was going to write something similar but figured it would incite the recruiting-is-everything crowd. At OL, we are in pretty good shape for a long time. OL guys are developed and we got some really good talent that came in a bit undersized, but they've made up that ground quickly. The young guys in this class aren't going to walk in and just be ahead of them (with the exception of perhaps one guy). They are going to have to develop a lot and we will know in about 2019 how that is going, at the earliest. This is from Coach Adams' mouth. A lot of good talent to work with.

And this is really good from a competition stand point.

The incoming recruits can see where the bar is and will know what kind of work it will take to break into the 2-deep.

The existing lineman are gonna see the raw talent and potential of the newbies and they'll know they have to keep working hard to keep their place.

Dominating consistently starts up front on the OL, with a stout feisty man to man type defense and is great assisted by excellent QB play. You get those things and you have a recipe for championships. It's what Bama has built, how Stanford has maintained so well the past 5-10 years, and what Michigan is currently building. I really love what we've slowly put together under center at QB and on the OL.

Back