What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 CO OT Jake Moretti (Signed to COLORADO)

Anyone else find it interesting that he wasn't wearing a knee brace, even a sleeve, while lifting? Could mean nothing and I don't want to start speculating, but it's a positive sign.

Knee braces are typically not prescribed or recommend for an ACL reconstruction. Knee braces are used to limit movement post surgery. for an ACL, you want that knee to move and things like a CPM machine can be used.

I'm not sure when he had surgery but what this could mean is he only had an ACL repair and not additional problems on the knee, but it really does depend on the timeframe because a brace is only used for 5 or 6 weeks max.

Edit: looking at the picture and seeing the scar on his left knee, that scar looks more like a hamstring graft or even a meniscus repair along with the ACL repair.

Knee braces are typically not prescribed or recommend for an ACL reconstruction. Knee braces are used to limit movement post surgery. for an ACL, you want that knee to move and things like a CPM machine can be used.

I'm not sure when he had surgery but what this could mean is he only had an ACL repair and not additional problems on the knee, but it really does depend on the timeframe because a brace is only used for 5 or 6 weeks max.
Both of my ACL surgeries have been accompanied by Meniscus tears as well, which did require a locking brace so the Meniscus could heal (along with crutches). For just an ACL, the brace also hinders the rehab process of all the surrounding muscles that have atrophied, so most Orthos don't recommend wearing a brace at all during rehab.

My ACL surgery they wanted the knee moving constantly after surgery. Didn't even give me a brace of any kind. Meniscus, as Tschek mentioned is completely different. It sucked and required me in a locked brace for 4 plus weeks and gradually more movement after that. From all that we know, this was only an ACL, which is good.

I don't know. He doesn't seem very nice. He kept knocking guys down and then falling on 'em. He needs to learn some manners.
giphy.gif

Met him at Utah game. Big dude. Shake hands and like bear paws. Was quite nice and gracious with his time in talking to my son though. I'm really excited to see him on our team.

The Champions center was built for this purpose. Get him in there and let the doctors/equipment/PT's get him back to 100%.

He had surgery on July 7th, so it's been just over 6 months. On a standard, joe schmo rehab regimen, that is about when doctors give you the "return to sport" designation. I'm assuming he's been doing a much more intense and frequent rehab, and considering he's been working out with McChesney for a while, I'd imagine he's already at or close to 100%

Back