What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 NV S Bubba Bolden (Signed to USC)

Meyer has built a machine there, but yeah, no reason for CU to back down, especially as it pertains to prospects out West. When it comes to recruiting elite talent, we just need to be winning some of the battles.

Good luck to Bolden. Felt he could have potentially been fantastic in the CU defense in the Moeller role.

For DB, where I'm focused is on recruiting as many guys with Kenneth Crawley type attributes. The best of them in coverage will end up at CB. But the huge advantage against these spread offenses seems to be to have Safeties with coverage skills even if playing man. What Tedric was able to do this season locked up on WRs or TEs was the key to our pass defense, I think.

Hopefully Fisher can fill that role in 2017. Dude came in as a Corner and has great athleticism. (Just not at Oliver's level, which is why he's now a S instead of a CB.)

Laugh all you want. I haven't toured the Ohio State facilities but have read Tressel and Meyer's books, seen things online. The facilities detailed are phenomenal and a constant reminder of why Ohio State has probably placed the most NFL players in the league over the past 20-30 years if not ever. I love CU/Boulder. I'm not tearing on the scenery. I'm saying that if you're an aspiring NFL player trying to make millions of dollars, thinking they pay attention to the scenic mountains on a drive from DIA is nice but fluff. They are planning to be in a spot for 3 years to highlight and train them to be the best player possible so they can make millions. They are laser like focused. The college experience doesn't really matter to many of them.

Laugh all you want. I haven't toured the Ohio State facilities but have read Tressel and Meyer's books, seen things online. The facilities detailed are phenomenal and a constant reminder of why Ohio State has probably placed the most NFL players in the league over the past 20-30 years if not ever. I love CU/Boulder. I'm not tearing on the scenery. I'm saying that if you're an aspiring NFL player trying to make millions of dollars, thinking they pay attention to the scenic mountains on a drive from DIA is nice but fluff. They are planning to be in a spot for 3 years to highlight and train them to be the best player possible so they can make millions. They are laser like focused. The college experience doesn't really matter to many of them.
The beginning of this video is annoying, but it gets to the points about 30 secs in.

The Rise / Facility Videos by CU > OSU facility tour video. I refer you to this. CU has better facilities and heavily benefited from not being stuck in Columbus Ohio. There really is only one advantage I'd give Columbus and that is Rubinos Pizza. We will still lose guys to them, but we are going to start winning a lot more of them than any of you realize.

Gonna keep laughing given the facility upgrades at CU. Saying OSU has great facilities is true. Saying you can't compare them to CU's given the recent upgrades, well, now, that's just silly. You had a valid point. But that point stopped being valid around July of this year.

Gonna keep laughing given the facility upgrades at CU. Saying OSU has great facilities is true. Saying you can't compare them to CU's given the recent upgrades, well, now, that's just silly. You had a valid point. But that point stopped being valid around July of this year.

This at this given moment CU facilities > or = to Ohio State Facilities

I really could break it out all down but Ohio States best advantages over CU at this point in time are a bigger fan base and better Pizza.

Also I will point out that CU mountains are not Fluff there is a little something called altitude. Its not all about beauty in the mountains its also a true competitive edge.

If you are good enough, the NFL will find you. It doesn't matter if your are at Ohio St. or Appalachian St. There is nothing magical about it.

My honest evaluation

OSU vs CU

OSU
Most fans - OSU
Most Historical Wins - OSU
Better Pizza - OSU - Planks and Rubinos are not on campus but damn are they good.
Will get on TV more - OSU
Football Tradition - Hard to compete with OSU

CU
Better College Town - CU
Better College Experience -CU
Campus / Beauty in surrounding area - CU
Altitude - CU
Weather - CU
Cooler Mascot - CU - You get to run out behind a freaking Buffalo
Fan Expectations - OSU can win every game but 1 and piss off half of Columbus. You are under a constant microscope. At CU fans expectations are rising but there is much more give and take.
Not having State in your name - CU
Babe-raham Lincolns - CU
Better fan sites - CU by a long shot :)
Video - CU
Player Development - CU
Cooler Uniforms - CU

Neutral
Stadium - Both are cool stadiums in their own way
Facilities - I really could give this one to CU at the moment. CU's facilities look cooler and newer than OSU's. Edge CU.
Staff - This might be controversial but CU's staff can begin to make this argument. In the end kids are going to need to decide which staff like better.
Academics - Depending on what you want both are very good schools
Health - I understand both programs have improved here I really don't know if I could put one above the other. CU's connections with the Health Science center may give an edge here. Generally people in Boulder understand health and are some of the fittest in the country. People in Ohio are mostly obese. Just being in Boulder can help a person pick up healthy habits.
NFL Scouts- Both teams will be watched heavily by NFL scouts. No one is going to be missed at either school. When CU has players who are good enough to go to the NFL then they go to NFL.

Last edited:
I grew up in ohio, Columbus is a DUMP. The campus is lincoln east, and their fans just like bug eaters.

They have wins, national championships, tradition oh and don't forget, the best damn band in the land.

I'd like to have the football stuff but their facilities and campus, nope.

I love cu and hate that I'm in a role of devils advocate here but there's a reason they get top 3 recruiting classes every year. Top prospects feels like it offers more, the whole package.

I love cu and hate that I'm in a role of devils advocate here but there's a reason they get top 3 recruiting classes every year. Top prospects feels like it offers more, the whole package.

We all know that there are certain programs that will win most recruiting battles. Buffs will win some of these, and have. And with us having one of the nation's best recruiting footprints, winning some against the elites means Top 20 classes. No one is panicking here. :)

you are arguing an extreme position, or were. That's why you are getting pushback. No one is contesting that OSU is a program without recruiting cache. It was your thought that CU currently offers nothing in comparison.

Its all based on perception though. Like "Alabama puts you in the NFL". Sure, they put a ton of guys in the league. All 4 and 5 star players. They have more 5 and 4 star burnouts too because again, thats all they have.

Guys, Ohio State is not that great a school. I'm not sure where that myth originated.

you are arguing an extreme position, or were. That's why you are getting pushback. No one is contesting that OSU is a program without recruiting cache. It was your thought that CU currently offers nothing in comparison.

I hardly think they offer nothing. There are many great things. But some of those things that we as fans think are great and are important don't matter to a guy potentially like Bolden if his plan is strictly to become the best football player for 3 years in college and then declare for the pros. Ohio State beats us out for that. They've proven it consistently for 30-40 years.

I hardly think they offer nothing. There are many great things. But some of those things that we as fans think are great and are important don't matter to a guy potentially like Bolden if his plan is strictly to become the best football player for 3 years in college and then declare for the pros. Ohio State beats us out for that. They've proven it consistently for 30-40 years.
That's not always true and it's not what you said. But ok, you like osu a lot

I'd love to see an analysis of the percentage of 4 and 5 year players drafted from OSU vs. CU. I'm willing to eat my hat if is it OSU.

Edit - sorry Duff...

Back