What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2017 Paradise Jam in Virginia (formerly St. Thomas)

I believe we have one spot open for next year, but someone correct me if I'm wrong. I think we have one spot open, and my personal hope is a big to replace Tory...if not improve on Tory.

1 pending no attrition (next year's grade).

* Battey (Freshman)
* Kountz (Freshman)
* Parquet (Freshman)
* Bey (Sophomore)
* Nikolic (Sophomore)
* Schwartz (Sophomore)
* Strating (Sophomore)
* Walton (Sophomore)
* Wright IV (Sophomore)
* Brown (Junior)
* Siewert (Junior)
* Wright (Senior)

(EDIT to sort my class)

1 pending no attrition (next year's grade).

* Battey (Freshman)
* Kountz (Freshman)
* Parquet (Freshman)
* Bey (Sophomore)
* Nikolic (Sophomore)
* Schwartz (Sophomore)
* Strating (Sophomore)
* Walton (Sophomore)
* Wright IV (Sophomore)
* Brown (Junior)
* Siewert (Junior)
* Wright (Senior)

(EDIT to sort my class)
Something to keep in mind, two coaches are following Trey Jemison, a recent Clemson commit at center. I would assume that Clemson's coach gets fired before the end of the calendar year, so someone to watch.

We could also be on the lookout for a transfer. I'm pretty sure Marques Bolden at Duke will be looking elsewhere. He went to DeSoto, so CO is closER to home than Durham. He's a big that just gets lost on defense a lot, and sometimes fouls. He's a former McD AA though and can play... ...sort of. No, I do not know of any reason he'd come to CU; just spitting off the top of my head.

I think the "trend" of the program is up at this time, but it's a trend made on few data points. The trend in recruiting though just had a big low data point. The previous class, this year's freshman class, cannot be considered as the only data point. Unless this year's class is salvaged by a solid signing in spring, it's not a good class on paper...at all. There are ways around it though, and hopefully they're better than we know. I won't belabor this point anymore - Go Buffs.
I don't know about a trend either.

I do know that CU under Tad has a reputation as a program that wins more than its talent suggests it should when compared to conference peers.

The current freshman class and the Namon transfer are looking like successful hits, whereas a very similar moment with the King-Dustin-Fletch-Hopkins class + Fortune transfer into the mix didn't pan out so well.

So I'm not sure it's different, just that it's working out better with this group. And I think the current staff is very well set up for recruiting with Rohn, Grier and English. I think that's the best set of recruiting assistants Tad has assembled in his time here.

I don't know about a trend either.

I do know that CU under Tad has a reputation as a program that wins more than its talent suggests it should when compared to conference peers.

The current freshman class and the Namon transfer are looking like successful hits, whereas a very similar moment with the King-Dustin-Fletch-Hopkins class + Fortune transfer into the mix didn't pan out so well.

So I'm not sure it's different, just that it's working out better with this group. And I think the current staff is very well set up for recruiting with Rohn, Grier and English. I think that's the best set of recruiting assistants Tad has assembled in his time here.

English alone would make that the best set of recruiting assistants Tad has here. I'm really high on him.

Nailed it. Nikolic is goi8ng to be a very solid player for us. The kid knows how to play the game, just needs to learn how to play game over here and find his spot. It will happen.
I think he already has a spot- 6th man extraordinaire. He can play 1-4 on both ends of the court, so as he gets better I'd like to see him in that roving role to give Tad some lineup flexibility.

Ski was a head case that year, but he single-handedly kept the team in a lot of games (and won some). The bigger issue that year is that there was a leadership vacuum and no one he was confident to pass to at the 2. Let's not forget that Ski was 2nd Team All-Conference that year.

The year I'd say when PG was our weak spot was the year Dom started. And Dom was supposed to be the PG in Ski's year also.

I can forgive Tad for missing on an in-state 4* PG recruit who ended up being much more suited to playing off the ball as a 3pt shooter.

I didn't mean it to be a knock on Ski. I think he is unfairly criticized for that year. He was ill-cast as the primary facilitator but we had no other options. Ski had some moments playing hero ball but he lacked the mentality to consistently elevate his teammates. Then again, maybe there was nothing he could do with Josh Scott hurt most of the year and no one else to share the scoring burden with.

I didn't mean it to be a knock on Ski. I think he is unfairly criticized for that year. He was ill-cast as the primary facilitator but we had no other options. Ski had some moments playing hero ball but he lacked the mentality to consistently elevate his teammates. Then again, maybe there was nothing he could do with Josh Scott hurt most of the year and no one else to share the scoring burden with.
XJ was injured with the Achilles, too. He had George King, but the next best offensive weapon was Wes Gordon.

Back