What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

24-25 MBB Team

He was coming back from an injury way early and gutted it out, was supposed to be out for the entire year. Pretty sure conversation changed once RJ smith got injured.

He will be improved next year.
We need Ruffin to be able to run some minutes as the primary ball handler and for both him and RJ to be snipers next year.

Biggest holes I'm seeing, if that happens, are:

1. Perimeter player who can break down a defense off the bounce to create shots for himself and others.

2. A "4" who can not only hit a corner 3 but also create rim pressure and box out an opponent's 2nd big.

I like our post game. Lampkin is a load on the inside against any college big trying to defend him. Hadley is a load in the post against any college guard (and most college wings/SFs) trying to defend him & also creates spacing with his 3pt shooting.

I think we've got a good number of catch & shoot guys.

I think we're going to see the best rim protection in years between Eddie occupying space while having good feet/great hands + Dak and also Diop having shot blocking & altering ability.

What we're missing is guys who create and handle pressure.

Why does it need to be a conspiracy or something? He's been here 4 years and wants to move on because that's the normal thing to do
Are there any examples of COVID eligibility super seniors staying with their programs for year 5?

IIRC, the discussion around Schwartz and Walton was the same and the fact that they could also get two years of support from other schools to properly complete a Master's if they had interest in that.

NIL possibly changes that, I imagine LOB could get a small bag to be a 6th man at any number of programs that have a good pool of resources.

Most on this board posted, during the NCAA Tournament, that Hadley was often a detriment/sloppy and Lampkin was slow as well as a bad defender.
Having them back helps to have some experienced players. The rest of the roster are complimentary players as well.
If 2024/2025 team has expectations to compete in the Big12 Tad will need three tranfer difference makers, not just decent additions.

Most on this board posted, during the NCAA Tournament, that Hadley was often a detriment/sloppy and Lampkin was slow as well as a bad defender.
Having them back helps to have some experienced players. The rest of the roster are complimentary players as well.
If 2024/2025 team has expectations to compete in the Big12 Tad will need three tranfer difference makers, not just decent additions.
Most? Bro.

Crazy to me that UConn not only has the fortune of being able to dominate NYC & New England recruiting based on being the elite program in the northeast... imagine being under 100 miles to Boston, under 150 to NYC, having all those college prep hoops schools in your backyard and STILL having that kind of warchest.

Most on this board posted, during the NCAA Tournament, that Hadley was often a detriment/sloppy
I may have been one of those during the Marquette game, but more from a, "He looks so squirrelly and indecisive with the ball that it gives me anxiety, but that's irrational because the results are generally positive."

Because college is rad and CU is the best school ever and grown up life sucks and I wanna be back in my college days.

I would love to be back at CU, but not as a 35 year old. At the same time, I would have wanted to have a different major and done more cool things other than play intramurals (insert Dan Hawkins gif here), go to Buffs games, and party excessively. Which would probably have made it a little less fun.

Crazy to me that UConn not only has the fortune of being able to dominate NYC & New England recruiting based on being the elite program in the northeast... imagine being under 100 miles to Boston, under 150 to NYC, having all those college prep hoops schools in your backyard and STILL having that kind of warchest.

UConn and Duke know what they are. They both know the value of athletics and they know that they would have a hard time competing in football. Actually, UConn tried and failed miserably, so they pour their resources into basketball. So do the the Zags. It's a good strategy.

Counterpoint: CU couldn't land Knecht.
we are, at best, shopping in tier 2 of the portal until otherwise proven. I think the number I saw Adam or someone else throw around is that Da Silva got 50kish this year. That's not going to buy a star even assuming our budget stays the same. And KJ is going to get STUPID money thrown at him if he does stay in college.

we are, at best, shopping in tier 2 of the portal until otherwise proven. I think the number I saw Adam or someone else throw around is that Da Silva got 50kish this year. That's not going to buy a star even assuming our budget stays the same. And KJ is going to get STUPID money thrown at him if he does stay in college.

I hate to say it, but I wouldn't blame KJ for taking the money and going to a NC contender. CU is going to take a step back next season.

Only idiots would blame him.
200.gif

Why 3 thru 6 and not 1 thru 4??
I believe the #1 and #2 ranked transfers will both be Seniors and are Centers. Apparently Lampkin will be returning.

I just donated $100, hopefully that's bumps us up to tier 1 shopping

I don't trust Hammond, Smith, or Ruffin to be a primary ball handler in the Big 12 next year. Ruffin can be a good player if he keeps improving and stays healthy. Hammond and Smith seem like undersized non-ball handlers with plus shooting and minus everything else. I'd like to see one of the two move on.
Hurlburt needs to go.
Dak will become a stud with more playing time.
I'm optimistic about Diop, Anderson, Kossaras, Crawford, and Rancik. If we don't reload I'd like to see us take lumps next year with a young squad with potential.

I don't trust Hammond, Smith, or Ruffin to be a primary ball handler in the Big 12 next year. Ruffin can be a good player if he keeps improving and stays healthy. Hammond and Smith seem like undersized non-ball handlers with plus shooting and minus everything else. I'd like to see one of the two move on.
Hurlburt needs to go.
I'm optimistic about Diop, Anderson, Kossaras, Crawford, and Rancik. If we don't reload I'd like to see us take lumps next year with a young squad with potential.

I'm sure Cody is gone, but . . . Tad needs to tell him that, if he comes back, they will be running the offense through him.

Hurlburt needs to go.
This is basically where I'm at now. Acknowledge that next year is rebuilding year, give young guys one year of experience, and try to be competitive in 2026

Back