What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

24-25 MBB Team

I've seen a few articles/posts on NIL promises not coming to fruition with actual payment.

I imagine athletes are made to sign non-disclosure agreements (which is bull**** exploitation) but have any follow-up surveys gone out to confirm if athletes have received what they signed for?

Tab would be stupid to ask Cody back.

Why? Tad will meet with every player after the season. He'll wish Tristan and LOB luck in future basketball endeavors. He will tell some others that they will not likely play much for CU if they stay and suggest they move on. Everyone else with eligibility will be told how to improve and how the coaching staff envisions using them next season--this includes KJ and Cody. If there's even a 5% chance Cody returns, Tad needs to let him know that he'll be playing point if he returns--that position lets him develop the skills the NBA wants.

Why? Tad will meet with every player after the season. He'll wish Tristan and LOB luck in future basketball endeavors. He will tell some others that they will not likely play much for CU if they stay and suggest they move on. Everyone else with eligibility will be told how to improve and how the coaching staff envisions using them next season--this includes KJ and Cody. If there's even a 5% chance Cody returns, Tad needs to let him know that he'll be playing point if he returns--that position lets him develop the skills the NBA wants.
Tad's policy has always been that if you're a 1st round pick you need to go.

we are, at best, shopping in tier 2 of the portal until otherwise proven. I think the number I saw Adam or someone else throw around is that Da Silva got 50kish this year. That's not going to buy a star even assuming our budget stays the same. And KJ is going to get STUPID money thrown at him if he does stay in college.
John Fanta mentioned that Villanova's NIL was about $3M this year with the implication that a successful team should be in that range.

There is a high chance that Cody will be the top 5 pick this year. You do not ask a top 5 pick to come back. It just delivers the message that you don't care about your athlete's career.

"Listen, if for some reason you took a lot of brain damage this year and want to return next year, we're running the show through you. That said, this year with a sub-par year you're going to be a lottery pick - probably top 10. If you come back and kick ass, you're probably going to be on the edge of the lottery at best. So hey, just throw us some NIL donations and let's see what we can do to get your draft stock up."

"Listen, if for some reason you took a lot of brain damage this year and want to return next year, we're running the show through you. That said, this year with a sub-par year you're going to be a lottery pick - probably top 10. If you come back and kick ass, you're probably going to be on the edge of the lottery at best. So hey, just throw us some NIL donations and let's see what we can do to get your draft stock up."

Selena Gomez GIF by HULU

Looking forward to all of the people who insulted Eddie in the game threads now bemoaning how huge of a loss this is and that Tad has lost control of the team.
Makes the loss of that center prospect we had signed more of a wtf though. Dak and diop better take big steps forward

This is college basketball now. Everyone's a free agent every year. I don't really like it, but that doesn't change reality. I was highly critical of Eddie a lot this year, but he played very well down the stretch even if he frustrated the hell out of me.

This is college basketball now. Everyone's a free agent every year. I don't really like it, but that doesn't change reality. I was highly critical of Eddie a lot this year, but he played very well down the stretch even if he frustrated the hell out of me.

Sounds like it could be a mutual parting of sorts. Thanks to Eddie for all your contributions this season. I felt you played great in some games, and agree with Torero about being very solid down the stretch. He was an integral part of this team, and I thought played his role pretty darn good. Not pretty at times, but functional. From all I heard, he was a good teammate too. Not easy to come into a new team and find your niche, but he did. Good luck with your new school.

IMO, he will leave tough, but not impossible shoes for Tad to fill. Even with Dak and Diop, they will need a guy with some beef.

Presuming Eddie stays in college, this could be a good move for him. Maybe lower conference, but who knows. Go to a school that may feature him more and let him develop other parts of his offensive game. I see both talent and limitations (i.e. ball handling/TO prone) with Eddie. Let him work on those limiting areas and see where he can end up playing professionally somewhere.

I wrote this before the Hadley news. Good luck to him too. Practically everything I said about Eddie goes to Hadley too. Thanks for everyone J'Vonne and best wishes at your new school. You played awesome down the stretch.

Last edited:
Asked this in the transfer portal thread, but Eddie's transferring from his second four-year school that had his sport, doesn't the rule say he has to sit out a year? What are the transfer portal rules?

FUUUUUUUUCK

Loved me some Eddie. Hadley hurts too.

This team, or what's left of it, is not in a good place.

Total rebuild. Tad better ask CP for some Portal Poaching advice or our reentry into the Big XII will rough.

Back