What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

24-25 WBB Team

Way back in post #31, I'd given a few links for lists that attempt to show who's in the portal from what school and what if any school they've announced they've transferred to.

One of those links was for a list maintained by a Talia Goodman. Looks like she's got a new job at on3 (congrats to her), and her transfer list has also moved to that website. The direct link is https://www.on3.com/her/news/on3-2023-2024-womens-college-basketball-transfer-portal-tracker/ , and her Twitter account is https://twitter.com/TaliaGoodmanWBB .

(As I type this, her list says there have been 1,361 D1 WBB players in the portal, of which 552 have announced new schools and 36 have withdrawn their names from the portal.)

(Note - Obviously not personally relevant to me in any way, but I am also casually interested to see what ends up happening with one of the frosh Buffs from this past season who announced she's transferring, 6'3" post Ruthie Loomis-Goltl. In mid-April I believe she was one of the 1st Buffs to find a new home when she signed with Idaho. But now, Idaho's coach (who evidently had strong connections to Ms. Loomis-Goltl's home state of Nebraska) just a few days ago (4/30) left Idaho after 1 season as head coach to become the head coach at South Dakota. Hope where ever she ends up (Idaho or ???) works out great for her.)

Last edited:
Way back in post #31, I'd given a few links for lists that attempt to show who's in the portal from what school and what if any school they've announced they've transferred to.

One of those links was for a list maintained by a Talia Goodman. Looks like she's got a new job at on3 (congrats to her), and her transfer list has also moved to that website. The direct link is https://www.on3.com/her/news/on3-2023-2024-womens-college-basketball-transfer-portal-tracker/ , and her Twitter account is https://twitter.com/TaliaGoodmanWBB .

(As I type this, her list says there have been 1,361 D1 WBB players in the portal, of which 552 have announced new schools and 36 have withdrawn their names from the portal.)

(Note - Obviously not personally relevant to me in any way, but I am also casually interested to see what ends up happening with one of the frosh Buffs from this past season who announced she's transferring, 6'3" post Ruthie Loomis-Goltl. In mid-April I believe she was one of the 1st Buffs to find a new home when she signed with Idaho. But now, Idaho's coach (who evidently had strong connections to Ms. Loomis-Goltl's home state of Nebraska) just a few days ago (4/30) left Idaho after 1 season as head coach to become the head coach at South Dakota. Hope where ever she ends up (Idaho or ???) works out great for her.)
Good post.

With the new anarchy in college sports, being anyone other than an absolute blue chip is a crap shoot. As has been pointed out before on this site, the new world benefits roughly the upper 10%-15% or so of athletes. As to NIL on the payor side, the richest programs will usually dominate the bidding. Shocking, I tell ya.

As to your example, I hope Ruthie L-G has a nice college hoops experience and that whomever her new coach at Idaho turns out to be doesn’t run her off. Maybe the departing Idaho HC takes her to South Dakota. But in any event it’s completely out of her control. Welcome to the club.

Roster as of 5/6

Sara-Rose Smith 6-1 5th Yr.
Frida Formann 5-11 5th Yr.
Nyamer Diew 6-2 5th Yr.
Lior Garzon 6-1 5th Yr
Kindyll Wetta 5-9 Sr.

JoJo Nworie 6-5 Jr. - assuming she'll get a fifth year granted due to injuries
Jade Masogayo 6-3 jr.

Kennedy Sanders 5-8 Fr. - R
Tabitha Betson 6-2 Fr.
Lova Lagerlid 6-0 Fr.
Grace Oliver 6-1 Fr.
Erin Powell 6-0 Fr.

My gut reaction is that the coaching staff has not replaced the level of talent that graduated (Sherrod, Miller, Whittaker & Nolan) or transferred (Vonleh & Sadler).

Nworie looks like a reach given she hasn't played basketball since her freshman season at a juco in Idaho. Two seasons of injuries doesn't make me optimisitc about her ability to make a significant contribution this coming season.

The other 3 inbound transfers (Diew, Garzon & Masogayo) may see some serious plalying time, but don't look to bring much offensive fire power. I know that Grazon is a three point shooter, but her stats don't stand out from Oklahoma State.

At this time I think the freshmen who could get some playing time are Sanders and Betson based on their HS resumés. Sanders in particular could have an impact.

Still think next season will be mediocre at best.
Yup, no indication that the level of talent on the current roster is good enough to get them to the post season, at least not the NCAA tourney. Maybe the WNIT, maybe.

Still could give up to 3 more scholarships.

A big maybe in looking at the way too early top 25 rankings.

The team for next season is very inexperienced and one or two of the returning players has to become a team leader. That was lost with Sherrod graduating.

Back