What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado v Stanford- October 13, 2023 - 8pm MT, ESPN

He awaits your capital investment
solange knowles singing GIF by The Webby Awards

i rewatched the second half and last ~5 mins of the first today. this was so close to being a simple win.

travis was destroyed on his first catch of second half and limping / asking to get out of the game. he didnt play the next drive on defense until the second goal line snap. he missed a bunch of tackles the rest of the way just on short distance quickness that when healthy he makes. the slow change of direction on the 60 yd touchdown was clearly fatigue/ lack of explosiveness. he was immense as a receiver but i wonder if his worth to this roster is much greater at CB and with his exhaustion we would've been better off using omarion miller at WR and resting him to focus on defense. he missed a few tackles you'd expect him to make, but he was quick to the ball and played better than the others. the OT touchdown was ridiculous, but i wonder if he wasnt so exhausted he might have seen the ball or fought harder on that play? not saying he lost the game at all, but he was doing too much after three weeks off from game fitness.

the confusion on the DL in goalline situations was inexcusable, but i think the narrative about using our timeouts too early last week made the coaching staff and players scared to call a TO when they were clearly losing composure or had the wrong personnel on the field. stoutmire was getting torched but the PI against him when he was face guarding on the right sideline was soooo soft. he barely touched the receiver and the pass hit him low on the back. it was not PI. at the end of the first half and start of second Cormani was in and battling. had a couple of tough tackles even though it seems he needs 10-15 lbs of bulk.

the refs were ridiculous. aforementioned PI on Stoutmire was soft, but there were 3-4 more intrusive actions by Stanford on our receivers that went uncalled. Mikey in the endzone (PI on travis called the next play), etc. but we also had a bunch of mental failures... the 3rd string RT Harden had back to back penalties at the end of the first half that cost us 3 points. the travis personal foul was an inflection point for sure. and the 12 men penalties cost us time and points.

we actually ran the ball more than i remembered in the second half. alton mccaskill had back to back first downs in the third quarter. one was a tough 3rd down 1 yard gain, the next downs he fought for a 4 yard gain. the failure in the run game seemed like running hank on the 2nd down in the second OT. that made too much pressure on third down and Shedeur made a very bad decision.

honestly it feels like any single one of those changed the final score is reversed. even knowing the final result i didnt feel doom as i watched it. with more awareness from the coaches i think this ends with a 20 point win. that's a lot of words for saying that i am drinking the kool aid

i rewatched the second half and last ~5 mins of the first today. this was so close to being a simple win.

travis was destroyed on his first catch of second half and limping / asking to get out of the game. he didnt play the next drive on defense until the second goal line snap. he missed a bunch of tackles the rest of the way just on short distance quickness that when healthy he makes. the slow change of direction on the 60 yd touchdown was clearly fatigue/ lack of explosiveness. he was immense as a receiver but i wonder if his worth to this roster is much greater at CB and with his exhaustion we would've been better off using omarion miller at WR and resting him to focus on defense. he missed a few tackles you'd expect him to make, but he was quick to the ball and played better than the others. the OT touchdown was ridiculous, but i wonder if he wasnt so exhausted he might have seen the ball or fought harder on that play? not saying he lost the game at all, but he was doing too much after three weeks off from game fitness.

the confusion on the DL in goalline situations was inexcusable, but i think the narrative about using our timeouts too early last week made the coaching staff and players scared to call a TO when they were clearly losing composure or had the wrong personnel on the field. stoutmire was getting torched but the PI against him when he was face guarding on the right sideline was soooo soft. he barely touched the receiver and the pass hit him low on the back. it was not PI. at the end of the first half and start of second Cormani was in and battling. had a couple of tough tackles even though it seems he needs 10-15 lbs of bulk.

the refs were ridiculous. aforementioned PI on Stoutmire was soft, but there were 3-4 more intrusive actions by Stanford on our receivers that went uncalled. Mikey in the endzone (PI on travis called the next play), etc. but we also had a bunch of mental failures... the 3rd string RT Harden had back to back penalties at the end of the first half that cost us 3 points. the travis personal foul was an inflection point for sure. and the 12 men penalties cost us time and points.

we actually ran the ball more than i remembered in the second half. alton mccaskill had back to back first downs in the third quarter. one was a tough 3rd down 1 yard gain, the next downs he fought for a 4 yard gain. the failure in the run game seemed like running hank on the 2nd down in the second OT. that made too much pressure on third down and Shedeur made a very bad decision.

honestly it feels like any single one of those changed the final score is reversed. even knowing the final result i didnt feel doom as i watched it. with more awareness from the coaches i think this ends with a 20 point win. that's a lot of words for saying that i am drinking the kool aid
“I watched it again, so you don’t have to.”
Much appreciated.

I knew this turn-around was not going to be a linear process. All I hoped for was to (finally) be competitive again in the first year. We have clearly met and surpassed that, as far as I’m concerned. And (finally) we score some damn points. 43 points in a loss is a sea change from where we have been for a long time.

At the beginning of the year, I felt I didn’t need a bowl game to consider this year a success. I still feel that way. I finally have a competitive team to watch and enjoy, with some really great players and an NFL caliber QB.

The OL and DL were the concerns and remain the main problem. Those are not quick-fix positions or groups. Not sure what else we could have done with those. NCAA dorked us on Brown, and we’ve had injuries where we couldn’t afford injuries on the OL.

I, too, remain very optimistic, but I can’t watch that game again. So, thanks.

Last edited:
while certainly bitter loss, I am also not in doom mode. Coming into the season, I knew we might win 1 or 2 maybe we shouldn't and lose 1 or 2 maybe we shouldn't.....just to mantra that and keep looking ahead.

I do expect continued improvement and total effort, however.

My thought since before the season even started. Sure, throw him out there for some key Offesnive plays, whether he’s targeted or not, changes the mind frame of the defense. But every play is too much.

Back