What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU to hire SJSU´s Mike MacIntyre

1st order of business will be to recruit our current players and keep the transfers to a minimum. With a few decent upperclassmen (Richardson obviously) and a decent core of True and RS Freshman and grayshirts, he could have a solid foundation to build on which is a credit to Embo.

San Jose Rank (Colorado Rank)

Total Offense 30th (116th)
Total Defense 28th (118th)
Rushing Offense 102nd (109th)
Passing Offense 11th (96th)
Rushing Defense 19th (115th)
Passing Defense 52nd (97th)
Scoring Offense 26th (117th)
Scoring Defense 25th (120th)
Kick-off Returns 6th (70th)
Punt Returns 113th (94th)
Interceptions taken T-23rd (118th)
Fumbles Recovered T-2nd (T-32nd)

Legitimately better than us in almost every single category.

My guess: MacIntyre is doing his homework on the CU job and will go back to SJSU athletic director Gene Bleymaier before he formally accepts an offer.

The Spartans will do what they can to keep MacIntyre, with a salary bump and assurances on the construction of the new football ops building.

Will that be enough? Who knows.Colorado is a tough job and just fired coach Jon Embree, an alum, after only two years.

Maybe MacIntyre stays … maybe he goes … maybe Texas Tech jumps in at the last minute with an even better offer.

As we have seen time and again with such matters, it’s not a done deal until the coach conducts a press conference at the new school.
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/colleg...te-football-macintyre-to-colorado-reportedly/

CU Football Official Facebook

[h=5]Colorado Buffaloes Football
[/h][h=5]We will introduce Mike MacIntyre as our new football coach in a 4 p.m. MT press conference. It will be shown live on the Pac-12 ConferenceNetwork and here: http://sh2.sh/Pac12Digital Coach MacIntyre will be the 25th full-time head coach in CU history, coming to the Buffs from San Jose State, who finished the past year with the first 10-win season in 25 years and a No. 24 ranking in the AP, Coaches and BCS Standings.[/h]

13F_MM-01.jpg

Seems like the reaction from the media people is that this is a home run hire. Big fan of this hire.

I think where the program is now, we need someone with an entrepreneurial like ability to start things from the ground up. He seems to have that in spades. Good hire in a normal year, and likely the optimal hire for us right now.

In reality he isn't a flashy hire but he is a real good football hire. Lets face it, he isn't a new name for us as he has been talked about from day one. Just never really thought he would be the guy but more than pleased.

Due to Post Traumatic Hawk/Embo Disorder, I am withholding too much excitement. But he seems perfect for us: can compete against the PAC12 elite, west coast recruiter and turned around a troubled program.

Go Buffs!!!

Interesting that his pro coaching career with Dallas & NYJ was under Bill Parcells.
Great coach to learn from.

1. He's been in my top four consistently throughout the search. Never first, but always up there. Good hire.

2. His staff will be just as important. Let's see what he's got.

3. With the right guy in place (and that is still an unknown) the ****ing smoking wreckage that is our football program will still take some time to turn around. I'm just hoping to see substantial progress in on-field play next season. I'm not even hoping for wins. Just something that looks like a football team.

4. If it wasn't clear, I'm really, really happy about this hire. It seems like a good fit.

Don't hang on to stupid crap like that. It's not worth it. The dude played the system to his advantage. Nothing personal. Looks like CU got a good coach in the end. Move on.
Maybe so but it'd be ****ing awesome to demolish him

This dude lied to three programs and strung along Cincinnati as well...I hope he fails miserably and I think we got the better guy in the end anyway

I liked DeRuyter but Coach Mac has the resume that fits CU better. I wish DeRuyter the best of luck down the road.

I like this hire a lot. Mostly because he's a proven turnaround artist; but I think there's also an advantage in him not being a ''big name". If we hired a higher profile guy, there would be a certain amount of additional scrutiny by both media and the casual fan base for faster-than-is-likely results. Had we hired a national name and they were to fail by not achieving whatever success that made them a big-name coach, it would be effectively the end of the program.

Let's say we hired Tressel / Petrino / Strong and they get us to 6-6 in four years. By comparison to their previous gigs, that's total ****. Then you have the 2016 opinion writers spraying about how CU is a perennial failure: "If Tressel / Petrino / Strong couldn't resurrect the CU program, it's hopeless". And they would probably be right, because few head coaches, even of MacIntyre's caliber, would consider it after a high-profile setup for failure.

A 'small name' guy like MacIntyre can get us back to 6-6 and move on to the next gig, and we'd be infinitely better off (and recognized as such by the media) than today, without much taint on the program or the coach. Win-win; unless we go 1-11 for the next 3 years; in which case we're irrevocably fooked regardless.

Back